Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update 1.01 - Friday the 13th - Fixes, Banners, 1300+ creatures, Taxidermy...  (Read 11944 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far, I have only had crashes while an awakened stone was active in my fort. Not predictable ones, but the moment I woke one up, crashes started, and now that its in a cage, ive gone 2 years ingame with no crashes at all.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

So far, I have only had crashes while an awakened stone was active in my fort. Not predictable ones, but the moment I woke one up, crashes started, and now that its in a cage, ive gone 2 years ingame with no crashes at all.
Would you mind uploading that save to DFFD and sending me a PM to the link?

Having it caged makes the problem easier to troubleshoot.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhhhh, it was caged. I kind of threw it into a magma pit since then though. I will see if I can catch another one.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Giants kind of started beating the shit out of each other as soon as they started unpacking. I've already had a successful trade with them the year before with any problem. It looks like the 'eldjotun merchant spurs' which started the fight. I don't know what a Rime Giantess is, but she started the fight by spurring and all the other giants either fought her or ran away.

If it makes any different, it's raining filthy sludge on my map right now. It keep raining even though I turned the weather option off. A couple of my dwarfs are blind because of it. Being blinded apparently doesn't do anything, they still preform their jobs just fine.

I hope this doesn't start a war with the giants. They'll murder me if they attack. Lol.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How long have they been there? Merchants go berserk if they are locked in.

They are a fortress defense race, they are designed as invaders. the spurring is just for their mounts/pack animals, otherwise they are too scared to fight.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How long have they been there? Merchants go berserk if they are locked in.

They are a fortress defense race, they are designed as invaders. the spurring is just for their mounts/pack animals, otherwise they are too scared to fight.

They literally just arrived started unloading and started fighting. It was over really quickly. The only reason I noticed was my dwarfs dropping whatever they were carrying to the depot because the merchants ran off. So I don't have a bunch of details on it. I'll be on the lookout the next time they come around.

Another thing. I started using the scriptorium and it doesn't look like I can write any books. The dwarfs would take the materials to the workshop and preform the reaction but nothing comes out of it. It was the mechanics and metal books. I'm trying the other reactions to see.
Pages: 1 [2]