Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Update 1.01 - Friday the 13th - Fixes, Banners, 1300+ creatures, Taxidermy...  (Read 11689 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.000 - Updated 6th May 2016 - For DF.42.06 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update!

Notes:
Thanks everyone for the continued interest in MasterworkDF! Well over 1000 downloads in the first week, wow!

First release was fairly buggy, sorry for that. Comes from not modding for a year and facing a new DF version. I fixed every single reported bug except for one: Armories/Weaponries do not improve item quality. The necessary script for dfhack is not running yet, so I disabled the workshops for now. The rest is fixed, you can use slow-learner and keep nobles; you can try any of the fortress defense races; kobolds have pets again; etc.

I also got a lot of reports about Pretas; a vampiric ghost that should have been rare, but wasn't. It is now rare and confined to cavern 2 and 3. If you want to play completely without it, open the GUI; Mods tab; Mythical Monsters Mod; Hungry Ghost-option, and turn it off.

Screenshots:

Features:
- Added 1326 random creatures using Knight Otus scripts.
- Added "The Earth Strikes Back!", a mod by Dirst.
- Added "Creatures" tab to GUI with 2 dozen options. Add/remove all vanilla creatures and/or random creatures, sorted by groups.
- Allowed craftsdwarf to make bone armors, helmets, gloves, etc.
- Added taxidermy to Tanner. Corpses = Statues, Remains = Figurines.
- Added standardized blood, ichor and goo; milk and cheese.
- Added Kazoos silk egg mod.
- Added display stand to store artefacts.
- Added campfire to start fires.
- Added a first test for decorations: BANNERS! 8 colors, try them out, please.
- Added options to GUI: Display Stand, Banners (dwarf workshops), graze coefficient, standard blood, standard milk (settings).
- Added DF 43.01 ability to do carpentry in Adventure mode. Only the reactions though, no sites. :/
- Added the option to hide dfhack to the GUI. It's on the first page, bottom right. Ctrl-Shift-S shows it again, Ctrl-Shift-H hides it again.
- Added version number to folder.

Lets have a look at the individual features:

- Display stands are a decoration that allows any build material, so you can store your artefacts are awesome items in your great hall; make them thief-proof; or put personal items in rooms of special dwarves.

- The campfire is great to get rid of flammable stuff; to create atmosphere due to smoke (hurts FPS though) when using the 'large fire' which burns 9 months; and can be used to set the surface or caverns on fire. Really good against sieges and to find invisible units, ambushes, necromancers, etc.

- Banners are decorations using fancy dfhack stuff; they are a first test. You build one banner, inside the banner you can select a color in a reaction. I added 8 different designs.

- Silk Eggs, a mod by Kazoo. Spiders now lay silken eggs that are spun into thread/cloth in a silk-reel. Simple, but very nice alternative to traditional silk farming. Dwarves also embark with a tunneling-tarantula, if this mod is active. It lays silk eggs but does not throw webs.

- Taxidermy, using a script by AtomicChicken. The tanner can now use corpses to make statues and remains to make figurines. These retain their type; a dog corpse will make a 'stuffed animal statue of a dog - this is a stuffed animal statue of a dog showing a picture of a dog', etc. You can not use your dwarves or other historical figures for this.

- 1300 random creatures! Created by a python script by Knight Otu, these are DISABLED by default. If you want to play, enable them in the GUI, then gen a new world. They have no creature sprites; only characters. You can toggle single groups of creatures too, for example only domestic pets, or only cavern monsters or only new megabeasts. (I added the same functionality to vanilla creatures, which you can now add/remove as you like)

- THE EARTH STRIKES BACK! Please click the link and enjoy reading the description. I'll just give you a tl;dr here: Mining rock sometimes produces extra gems. Good. Mining rock sometimes produces a rock monsters. Bad. Building a tribute (workshop) out of 3 rock blocks allows you to pacify said rock type. If a rock monster is now created, it will be tame/pet. Very Good! Mining rock sometimes spawns a rock wyvern; Magma sometimes spawns flaming/hot rock monsters. Very bad!

You can also find pacify-secrets in worldgen to tame these monsters, have weird living storms coming in from the ocean, give your dwarves pet rocks as pets, and plant gem-vines, a mineral-based plant. Which of course can be brewed into booze.

Fixes/Balancing:
- Fixed four tooltips in the UI. Animal men, Giant animals, Garrison, Guildhall options.
- Fixed slower learning. (aka no nobles bug)
- Fixed kobolds pets.
- Fixed kobold reaction: critter to bonemeal.
- Fixed stonecrafter hotkey.
- Updated FortressDefense Races to 42.06 (they were on 40.24 and caused crashes on worldgen).
- Made aquifer tooltip more clear.
- Raised the price of Mithril from 3 silver bars to 5 silver bars.
- Changed Preta frequency from 20 to 2 and restricted them to cavern levels 2 and 3.
- Removed brownie-creature from common domestic pets.
- Fixed ~ a dozen reactions that had a faulty reagent (mass replace gone bad).

Plans for next week:
- More decorations. Plants, indoor gardens, dungeon and fortress deco, statues, illumination...
- Add several weapons/armor packs; like Stals Armory, Lucelles Weapons or Grimlocks Historic Set.
- Add more content (workshops/furnaces) to Dwarves, Kobolds and Succubi.
- Add descriptions for reactions (aka ingame help, what you need, what it does, which skill, etc)

About DF 43.02: I added the files for Toadys "(*) Ability to do carpentry in adv mode", but for the real update I have to wait till the utilities are updated. Dfhack, therapist, etc. The Raw changes are trivial, I can upload 43.02 as soon as the third-party programs are up to date. :) Till then I continue with 42.06.

Community feedback:
It is very important to me that people report their experience, issues and make suggestions. VOTING! on polls is something I'd please ask you to do. Over 1000 downloads, only 61 votes on the poll last week. Please do me the favour and tell me what you think, otherwise I can't react to it. ;)

Patreon:
A special thanks to everyone supporting me as a Patron. So far 12 Patrons, 47$ a month. Thank you! Rewards, like the ingame descriptions and items, will be created at the end of every month.

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The necessary script for dfhack is not running yet, so I disabled the workshops for now.

Eh? Which one is that? I cannot imagine a reason for a quality change like that not to work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The necessary script for dfhack is not running yet, so I disabled the workshops for now.

Eh? Which one is that? I cannot imagine a reason for a quality change like that not to work.
I had a lengthy discussion with Roses about it, neither of us could figure it out. item/quality-change always throws errors or doesn't work.

If you want to have a look, check out the IMPROVE_ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT. It should work with
Code: [Select]
modtools/reaction-product-trigger -reactionName IMPROVE_ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT -command [ item/quality-change -item \\INPUT_ITEMS -upgrade]but only shows error logs in dfhack.

For testing purposes this is added to the tanner. Just enable the Weaponry/Armory again in the GUI, gen a world, and have a look.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
local utils = require 'utils'

validArgs = validArgs or utils.invert({
 'item',
 'upgrade',
 'downgrade',
 'quality'
})
local args = utils.processArgs({...}, validArgs)

local item=df.item.find(args.item)

if args.upgrade then
    item:setQuality(item.quality+1)
elseif args.downgrade then
    item:setQuality(item.quality-1)
elseif args.quality then
    item:setQuality(args.quality)
end

That should be good enough for what you're doing.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Be careful that if you increase the quality of a masterwork, it will lose all quality indicator. I don't know what happens if it goes in negatives.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Be careful that if you increase the quality of a masterwork, it will lose all quality indicator. I don't know what happens if it goes in negatives.
Guess there should be a maximum cap in the script somewhere; it checks quality, if masterwork, it cancels and gives out "you can't improve this item further" or something like that.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So will you release the 43.02 version the day the other utilities are done, or will it be released on the Friday after that happens?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So will you release the 43.02 version the day the other utilities are done, or will it be released on the Friday after that happens?
Considering that dfhack usually take a about a month to be updated, and that Toady will most likely release 1-2 more versions with bugfixes, I'd say it doesnt matter much. its a long wait, one way or another.

My plan is every friday a release. Its simpler for people to remember and gives me more time to test, etc.

aldehyt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In this path, kobolds are able to dig their little holes ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

In this path, kobolds are able to dig their little holes ?
No, but you reminded me that I had a script laying around for that.

KooKie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this now as big (or even bigger?) as the 34.11 version?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is this now as big (or even bigger?) as the 34.11 version?

Its about a quarter of the 34.11 version. If I'm optimistic.

RandAnima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the mod, Meph.  i just have one question:  Are there no socks in Masterwork?  Can't find any shop to make them.  And I had such grand plans for a fort dedicated entirely to socks.  Seems strange given that dwarfs are described as 'slightly crazy for socks.'

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks for the mod, Meph.  i just have one question:  Are there no socks in Masterwork?  Can't find any shop to make them.  And I had such grand plans for a fort dedicated entirely to socks.  Seems strange given that dwarfs are described as 'slightly crazy for socks.'
Yes, I did remove them. I tried to bring the item count down, every unit with 20 clothing-items is too much... but I guess I can add them back, since its the only thing I did in that regard.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what changed in this version of MW that's running super stable and without crashes, hope that doesn't jinx me. Anyway, it's great.

The "Earth Stikes Back!" option keep resetting to on every time I close and relaunch the launcher.

Pages: [1] 2