Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to cripple - The dismembering guide (hemophobics not welcome)  (Read 3707 times)

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

I butchered alive someone today. He had it coming !
Spoiler: He is still alive ! (click to show/hide)

Okay, seriously now, this topic is about giving a recipy to get a target safely to the amount of damage shown above.

There are many advantages to it.
  • It trains your adventurer.
  • If the target is one of your retired fortress dwarves, you can safely have crippled dwarves. Why you would want to do that is up to you.
    On the plus side, this method trains the wrestling and fighting skills.
  • It's fun.

Now some important facts to know :
  • The possible causes of death are :
        the loss of too much blood (target bled for too long),
        the loss of cerebral function (brain got damaged),
        and the inability to breathe (both lungs are damaged).
    By following the steps carrefully, none of these will happen to your beloved target.
  • Fast travelling away.
    Fast travelling everytime the target is "pale" (about to die from blood loss), allows it to rest and not die.
    So you can make one or several steps of the experiment, fast travel, seek and find the target, and continue the next step of the experiment.
  • It's safer to savescum a little. Just because you never know.
    Experiments have been known to turn wrong. Sometimes the target doesn't make it. So, saving often isn't a bad idea.
  • Passed out targets make up for easy chirurgical cuts.
  • You are not a murderer. The target must survive, and you must care for it.

Without further due, let's get to the recipy !

Find a target deemed worthy enough for the experiment.

Start the experiment by cutting both his hands and feet. This is the easy part. But don't forget to quickly travel away so the target doesn't bleed out.
By cutting both feet, we assure the target doesn't run away; and so finding it afterwards gets easier.
Cutting both hands prevents retaliation.
The target is now unable to grasp or walk. But our work isn't done yet !

After that, you must make sure you don't miss your hits. Armor becomes a problem as it prevents cutting too close to the body.
So this step is about getting rid of any protection the target has.
Grab the target, and just wait (pressing "."). The target will helplessly try to escape.
Wait for the target to pass out from over-exertion.

It is very helpful to use step 3 before every next step to make the target pass out, and allow easier work.

Now, use wrestling to remove the target clothes. First grab a piece of clothing, and gain its possession. Note that you need to strap your weapons first and grab clothings with bare hands.
Proceed with every piece of clothing. You will need to drop grabbed items.

With the target now nude, carefully cut remaining arms and legs. Pay attention to the loss of blood here. You don't want an accident to occur.

It's time to remove unwanted teeth. Punching proves to be a reliable way of removing the target's teeth.
Don't forget to cut the ears and the nose too.
You can end up slicing the target's throat for a nice massive scar, but be careful it doesn't die !

For this part, you will not need any weapon.
Grab the target by the head. And meticulously pinch the tongue and the mouth.
After that, gouge the eyes, the cheeks, the eyelids and the lips.
The target is now blind, mute and probably deaf.

Spoiler: Step 8 : Guts ! (click to show/hide)
Draw your weapon, and slice the lower body of the target. You have to make the guts come out, so don't linger !
When the guts are revealed, cut them apart ! Beware of vomit !

This part is extremely demanding, as the target tends to be cut in half and die. So saving often helps a lot.

It is possible to aim the upper body, and destroy one lung. Or both. But it really diminishes the target's survival chances. Since I care for my target, I didn't do it in this experiment. Damaging both lungs means death, you don't want to do that.
Aiming the upper body also allows you to pierce through the target's hearth. It won't kill the target if you don't allow it to bleed out.

You can also stab the lower body to aim for pancreas, kidneys, stomach, and spleen.

This is the final product. Sadly, DF doesn't display all missing parts such as teeths and nose, so we have to look it up in the description view :

Fun facts :
  • The target is still able to talk.
  • The target is now legendary wrestler and fighter thanks to you and your accelerated training.
  • The target is happy after improving fore-mentionned skill

NB :
Please note it is always possible to induce more injuries on the target. As an example, you could scratch the target's head and neck, adding more scars.
You could also toss some freakish slime on its skin so that it blisters... Burning the skin might work too.

But I believe this guide is sufficient enough for you to have a glimpse at the possibilities of dismembering.
I hope this comes in handy to anyone who needs it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:01:53 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to cripple - The dismembering guide (hemophobics not welcome)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:28:22 am »

You're just practicing your Dwarven "Medical" skills. How else are all of those hospital journals gonna get written.

One note, if I remember correctly and things haven't changed, using a knife for later more delicate targets should help keep the chance of accidental bisection a little lower.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »

Very...juicy.

I admit I indulged into this sort of thing much earlier on - at one point I made a human fort where one of my victims migrated.

He was blinded, earless and toothless, and missing both of his hands. He couldn't do anything except spam job cancellations ("Skullface cancels clean self: Too injured"), although I think he survived my fort collapsing.

He was pretty much the only innocent person I did this to - I tried to keep these sorts of extreme mutilations to criminals and bandits only - did it once to a centaur bandit who killed all of my companions - he was left alive in the limbless, eyeless, earless, toothless and (literally) gutless state as a "message".

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 06:04:06 pm »

You missed an organ. You can slice open the lower body and spill out the guts, then sever the guts themselves.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 07:24:32 pm »

You missed an organ. You can slice open the lower body and spill out the guts, then sever the guts themselves.
You sure about that?
Draw your weapon, and slice the lower body of the target. You have to make the guts come out, so don't linger !

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »

Unless I'm wrong and you can't target individual fingers anymore, you've wasted those opportunities when you cut off the hands and feet. Instead, grapple with your target first and break their feet and hands - this'll be represented as their wrists and ankles, but it accomplishes the same thing. Then you can go to work on their fingers and toes for 10 more targets than previously. Especially useful if you want to train hammering skill since you can just crush them forever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 09:13:08 pm »

You sure about that?
Huh, alright. It's not shown on any of the wounds screens for some reason though.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:06 pm »

Unless I'm wrong and you can't target individual fingers anymore, you've wasted those opportunities when you cut off the hands and feet. Instead, grapple with your target first and break their feet and hands - this'll be represented as their wrists and ankles, but it accomplishes the same thing. Then you can go to work on their fingers and toes for 10 more targets than previously. Especially useful if you want to train hammering skill since you can just crush them forever.
Personally, I prefer to cut them off and put them in a bag, which I give to the victim test subject as a "get-well-never" present after their surgery is complete; alternatively, I present the sack to the local lawmaking body to send a "message".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 03:04:18 am »

Personally, I prefer to cut them off and put them in a bag, which I give to the victim test subject as a "get-well-never" present after their surgery is complete.

Insanely cruel ! I love it !

Personally, I play as "the good guy". I become a were-beast. Proceed with the training. When the target is blind/deaf/gutless/armless and whatever, I bite him.
After a full moon, the target is in perfect shape again ! And the cycle can continue on and on forever.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:24:49 am »

Personally, I prefer to cut them off and put them in a bag, which I give to the victim test subject as a "get-well-never" present after their surgery is complete.

Personally, I play as "the good guy". I become a were-beast. Proceed with the training. When the target is blind/deaf/gutless/armless and whatever, I bite him.
After a full moon, the target is in perfect shape again ! And the cycle can continue on and on forever.
But first you lock him in a building that you have build with his help.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 06:06:06 pm »

But first you lock him in a building that you have build with his help.
And then necromancy happens. (Will they read books in adv mode or only fort mode?)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?