Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Place a GCS - How ?  (Read 1393 times)

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Place a GCS - How ?
« on: May 15, 2016, 06:40:22 am »

Greets fellow forumites,

I just tried to spawn a breeding pair of GCS ( I had even caught some, but while hauling them some dumb humans killed them :( ) with modtools/create-unit -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE -age 5 and
modtools/create-unit -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE -age 5. But instead of doing some sweet, sweet love they instantly started fighting. Then the game crashed.

Spawnunit had similar results. Has anyone tips for me how I can make this work ?

PS, I also tried "region pops boost all 2" and "region-pops incr SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT 10", but no GCS wandered on my map so far.
Spawnunit as well as modtools/create-unit both had the disadvantage that the resulting GCS were listed as Wild Animals, but did not engage the offending human with webs, which is a requirement for my silk-farm setup.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:52:36 am by hanni79 »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Place a GCS - How ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:44:21 am »

Another thing you could do is get some unwanted animals e.g. from traders, then replace their raws with the GCS raws. They won't be "actual GCSs" but they should be indistinguishable from the real thing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 03:07:26 am »

Have fun.
Code: [Select]
modtools/create-unit -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE -civId \\LOCAL -groupId \\LOCAL -age 5
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:55:45 am »

Thanks for your answers, Reelya and Meph, but I have some follow-up questions.

@Reelya :So you mean like make all Mules -> GCS by just replacing MuleRaws with GCSRaws ?

@Meph : This string works partly, but it still has the same result as "modtools/create-unit -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE -age 5", the resulting Spider still does not want to shoot this pesky, GCS killing human. Interestingly, it doesn't attack the breeding pair ( caught a female yesterday ! :D ), so something is obviously different. Also, neither my military dwarves nor the civilians mind it, so I guess something is still missing, maybe a flag ?

P.S : After finally getting a breeding pair of GCS without cheating - nothing happened. I perhaps found out the male GCS is homosexual.  :'( I hope I will have luck and get a straight one ...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:59:19 am by hanni79 »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 07:50:36 am »

Yeah, you replace the innards of a creature's raws with something else, just keeping the creature tag / name the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 02:04:52 pm »

Yeah, you replace the innards of a creature's raws with something else, just keeping the creature tag / name the same.
This also applies to reactions, by the way. I have no idea what horrible and incredible things would happen with trees and buildings, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 11:05:44 pm »

What version of create-unt do you have? I checked some old forum threads some months ago and some small edits were suggested that fixed it so the creature created was treated as a wild animal, not automatically tame. What is the status of the GCS's in the creatures window?

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 06:21:06 am »

About the version I'm not sure, but the GCS was labelled wild in the unit screen.