Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.43.02] Expanded Good/Evil Regions  (Read 12839 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
[0.43.02] Expanded Good/Evil Regions
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:46:02 pm »

Expanded Good/Evil Regions

Download

A mod aiming to add more content to the Good and the Evil regions of the world

Features:

Spoiler: New Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Plants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new weathers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wonderworker (click to show/hide)

How To Install:

Extract the files into your Dwarf Fortress folder, overwriting when necessary. Beware, as it may not not be compatible with other mods.

Enjoy and please post any bugs/balance issues/suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:37:34 pm by than402 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [0.43.02] Expanded Good/Evil Regions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 01:55:16 pm »

First of all, this is awesome :)

Suggestions: Land of Honey and Milk, with fitting weather that adds NODRINK and NOEAT to creatures.

Bugs:   [PERMITTED_REACTION:METALWOOD_GAUNTLET] will create unusable gauntlets, unless you have dfhack to fix the no-left/right bug.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »

thanks  :)

hmmm, a weather like that could be very easy to mod in. is there a way to create edible clay or sand? literal Land of Honey and Milk  :)

which script is it that fixes the bug?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:05:32 pm »

thanks  :)

hmmm, a weather like that could be very easy to mod in. is there a way to create edible clay or sand? literal Land of Honey and Milk  :)

which script is it that fixes the bug?
autofixhandedness. Not sure if its in the default dfhack, but I have it in Masterwork. KurikAmudnil wrote that.

Edible sand/clay, yes, sure. But inorganics are not restricted to biomes, so you'd get it randomly everywhere.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 02:07:52 pm »

thanks. I could add clay + some sort of catalyst. maybe good seeds... but it would shift between OP (when there is clay on the map you basically can't starve) and irrelevant (when there isn't). I think I'll go with the weather.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 02:10:10 pm »

You can have good mists/clouds that give units the ability to resurrect a unit.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 02:12:46 pm »

I already have that. they will resurrect both friends and foes, but they are rare

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 02:16:00 pm »

Love the idea of this mod!

thanks. I could add clay + some sort of catalyst. maybe good seeds... but it would shift between OP (when there is clay on the map you basically can't starve) and irrelevant (when there isn't). I think I'll go with the weather.
A cheap fertilizer would be a middle option, though short of DFHackery the only way to do that is a reaction producing potash.  Elves will hate it.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 02:20:05 pm »

That could work pretty well. Thanks. Elves will always whine and moan :)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »

That could work pretty well. Thanks. Elves will always whine and moan :)
Don't forget an evil fertilizer that includes blood or somesuch as a reagent :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 02:25:36 pm »

well, I already have an evil tree that is basically a black, thorned mess with blood red head shaped fruits hanging :) it would be both region specific and more practical than gathering blood from caravans.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 02:37:28 pm »

I think good/evil regions should reward players for trying them out, so why not give them the ability to learn secrets or access to new materials?

Trees of metal-grade materials, and reactions in your wonderworkshop to teach people to resurrect (good) or reanimate (evil) corpses.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

how can I add syndromes with reaction-trigger? autosyndrome is unfortunately not around anymore and I never got to learn  how to properly use the new dfhack scripts...

I already have the metalwood tree. Maybe I could add something similar to an evil region too... Maybe some sort of corrupted steel (actually made of wood so dwarf caravans won't arrive loaded with corrupted steel) which is so evil, it actually changes the personality and drains the stats of those who craft it... Necromancy would be nice too, with the caveat that undead will be hostile to everyone else...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:44:25 pm by than402 »

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2020, 06:45:31 pm »

Hey than402, would you be against someone else taking a shot at updating this? Just curious as it seems to not work with 44.12...or at least Masterwork 44.12. I might give it the old college try and see what's causing the issue and post it up if you are okay with that.