Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to make trophies of my (sapient) kills?  (Read 1485 times)

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unable to make trophies of my (sapient) kills?
« on: August 01, 2016, 04:47:25 am »

I'm playing as a human in adventurer mode and wanted to make trophies of some of the more notable targets I killed. Despite the human entity having    
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
in the raws, I can't make any sapient trophies. Whenever I hold some bones and try to carve them, the reaction menu says that it needs unrotten bone material. Everything works fine with animal bones. Why is this so? Is there a way to change it?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to make trophies of my (sapient) kills?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 08:06:37 am »

Ethics are slightly bugged right now, so you can't do anything with sapients (eat them, carve them into trinkets, etc) no matter your race's ethics.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 08:35:05 am »

BUT!
If you become a necromancer and raise the bodies, then kill them again, you can use their bones for crafts.
Raise them first, butcher them after killing them. Otherwise you can only raise their skin, and I don't think we can tan those to make human leather shirts just yet.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 04:28:35 pm »

I put in an interaction which removes [CAN_LEARN] and is sufficient to let you use sapient materials.

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »

yeah, I was pretty disappointed when I found out I couldn't carve the bones of my fallen enemies too. What I do to make up for it though is to always try to knock out my enemies' teeth. I keep 'em in a small pouch for memory's sake. (I just realized how freaking creepy that sounds without any context what so ever.)