Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties  (Read 27617 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to Adventuring Company RTD! This is a game about running a small fantasy adventuring company in search of fabulous wealth, fame, comrades in arms, a quiet and horrible death in the darkness, existential validation, the approval of your parents, fantastic magics, and any number of other wondrous things. Players will work together to successfully manage a small business specializing in door-kicking, death-dealing subterranean ultraviolence. Or maybe you guys will decide to start a magic bakery or something instead. I don't even know any more.

Anyway, this will be very much a team based game. Everyone will have an opportunity to contribute, regardless of how they're built as a character. Behind every sword wielding armored tank and bloodthirsty crossbow bolt slinging desperado is a visionary interior decorator making sure the whole group doesn't live in complete squalor, a savvy businessman negotiating their fee for missions, and some disheveled weirdo with alchemy equipment sinning against God to provide them with the best potions blood money can buy. Having a variety of talents will pay off, and unconventional solutions to problems will be rewarded.

Without further ado:

Spoiler: The character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

I'm taking four players to start, but that number will grow with time.

Spoiler: TL;DR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:16:59 pm by inaluct »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Name TBD Adventuring Company RTD: Now Accepting Players! 0/4
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:35:26 pm »

Name: Drubjarred, the silver of life.
Race: Dwarf
Hit Points: 7
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 1

Skills
Swordfighting
Improvised Combat
Throwing objects

Special Ability: Magical throw: Can throw most objects, including liquids, at velocities capable of injuring. Actual throwing weapons do more damage, and non weapon items deal some slight damage as well as applying special effects.

Weapons, Armor, and Equipment:
Thick cloth armor
Steel Sword
Boots
Waterskin full of beer
Bedroll

Money:12 copper. Beer is expensive and dwarves can't live without!

Character Background: Former guardsdwarf and hammerer of the fortress Routedmansions, He set off as an adventurer... and found himself getting drunk too often to make any money. so here he is, being hired for some sort of company for extra profit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »

You can make the art better by turning off anti-aliasing on your brush.

RIP Violaceous Turaco.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »

Name: Falvar Forgan
Race: Human
HIT POINTS: 5
STRENGTH: 1
DEXTERITY: 2
INTELLIGENCE: 4

Skills:
Ingredient Appropriation (the ability to use unconventional or inedible items in potion creation)
Poison Odor Detection (works on food and drink only)
Barren Taste Buds (can consume things that would otherwise be prohibitively unpleasant in taste)

Special Abilities: Iron Stomach (suffers reduced negative effects from consuming rotten, poisonous or otherwise unhealthy food or drink)

Weapons, Armor, and Equipment: Flashy red hooded robe, bread knife, complementary bootstraps

Money: 13 pieces of silver

Character background: Ever since the first time he put an insect in his mouth as a wee child, Falvar has had an unhealthy obsession with orally-administered medicines, potions and concoctions. Lacking the funds to seek professional tutelage in the field, he instead dedicated his younger years to teaching himself the best potion recipes he could come up with. With no man other than himself brave enough to test his ill-conceived tinctures, he drank all of them himself, eventually developing a knack for both polishing off the foulest of brews and being able to sniff out his more lethal creations before having to consume them. Though he's made great advancements in his ability to mix together useful healing brews and the like, he still hasn't been able to get them to taste bearable...
He received a notification of his presence in Violaceous Turaco's will in the same pile of mail as an eviction letter from his landlord, who evidently could no longer bear the smell of Falvar's laboratory-slash-kitchen. Currently owning nothing to his name other than the things he managed to scrape up on the way out, he's hoping that this venture will finally get him the cash he needs for some real potion-making equipment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 06:45:08 pm »

Reserved
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 07:24:37 pm »

Recettear RTD? Put me in coach!

I'm drawing a blank here, cuz I can't get "Capitalism, ho!" out of my head. Removing my reserved spot.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:43:52 pm by Wozzy »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:06:48 pm »

I suppose I'll be first in the wait list. PM me once it's time, sil vous plait.

Name: Seven
Race: Mostly human. His mum... altered herself, and some of that trickled down to Seven, although not as much as his siblings. The only notable differences between Seven's species and that of an ordinary human is that his eyes have golden irises and he has zero alcohol tolerance. One sip of the lightest of white wines will end with him being unconscious for hours. He definitely got the short end of the stick compared to his siblings(who have everything from semi-useful bestial features to natural magical powers to the ability to breath out poison gas to natural stealth talents). Then again, his atrocious poetry might stem from his species. Only Mum knows...
Hit Points: 4+1=5

STRENGTH: 1(Seven definitely got the short end of the stick. On average, his siblings are much better than him with regard to STRENGTH. The only exception is capable of raising armies of the undead using his spit, so it doesn't matter so much...)
DEXTERITY: 2(Seven's dexterity has definitely improved. Mostly because of the many assassination attempts tried on him by his siblings since Mum ordered him killed)
INTELLEGENCE: 4(Seven is a lot smarter than his siblings. It's rather strange that he can't consciously use that to make his poetry better.)

Skills:
Lethal Poetry: Seven's poetry is so bad that it can be lethal(or cause injuries). Most of a time directly reading this is necessary to get the effect, but every once in a while... one day, Seven wrote a poem so bad that it killed anyone who read it via internal bleeding and spasms. Other than himself. That day, a lot of people died after reading the news. How, exactly, he managed to get it into the newspapers is still unknown. Pity none of his siblings died from it.
Psychological Warfare Poetry: Other times... it's not so lethal, and more like just plain mind breaking. One Tuesday... let's just say Mum didn't want Ten behaving like a muskoxen, and Three being unable to speak her native language... and Nine becoming convinced that banana creme pie was poison...
Art of Oration: Seven has managed to improve his diction, at least. When he speaks, especially to read poetry, it's going to be loud and clear.

Special Abilities:
The WORST Poetry: Seven is mentally incapable of writing "good" poetry. Whenever he writes a poem, the entirety of his mental capabilities are devoted to making it BAD, no matter if he wants it to be good or not. He can control, partially, how it's bad, but just how bad it is varies. The only way Seven's going to write "good" poetry is if he becomes stupid.
Unfortunately, his dream is to be the best poet in the world.
It's also worth noting, that, for some unfathomable reason, he is completely unaffected by the horribleness, lethal or otherwise, of his poetry. Which just makes him more willing to try again and again to write a good poem.

Weapons, Armor, and Equipment:
His clothes, boots/shoes/whatnot... pocketknife... possibly cursed... rotting dignity...
And a somewhat large and mostly blank book labeled "Booke of Poetry", which he only writes the absolute worst of his poems in. Maybe one day he'll have a good poem to write in this book... but for now, it's basically his arsenal.

Money:
13(or 12, if the book's really that expensive) pieces of silver.

Character Background:
Mum. That was the first word of Seven. And that of his other(sixteen) siblings.
When Seven was six, Mum's birthday came around, and like every one of her birthdays, she told her story, only this time Seven remembered it.

"Once upon a time, there was a princess, a prince and a king. Now, the princess wanted to be the queen, the ruler of the kingdom! But no- the king decided that he wanted the prince to be king. As always. But this time, this princess didn't take the pain, she didn't surrender. She sought out a magic, the magic called Improvement. And she ate it, as it was meant to be used. And it made her better. Teleportation! Shapeshifting! Horrendous scars! Independent thought! And she wrought a coup! But unfortunately, she failed. Despite her heroics in the pursuit of becoming the queen, she failed. There were simply too many guards protecting the king and prince. And with that, the foolish king sentenced her to exile. And now- you see me. I've had children! And my Improvement has passed down to you! Each and every one of you is gifted, in different ways, sure, but all useful, all worthy of being my sons, daughters, and future nobles! And sooner or later, there will be enough of us! And we will take back the kingdom! Together!"

It took a while for Seven to realize that his Mum was a bit crazy.
It took longer for him to escape the insane household he previously lived in.

A long time later, Two, sent him a message(in partial violation of Mum's orders).
"Seven. Mum's putting her plans in motion. And part of them requires eliminating or brainwashing you-she can't have you spoiling them by explaining things to the King. Now, if you surrender to us and rejoin us, I might be able to convince her that execution or brainwashing of you is a bad idea, and we can rule together. Please don't make this difficult."

Now, Seven needed to get stronger, more powerful, more horrid of a poet. And he needed allies. He knew he couldn't stop Mum and her Family from taking over [insert kingdom name here] unless he had more skill and allies. Hence, he came here.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 08:23:08 pm »

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:52:38 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 08:25:16 pm »

-waitlist reserve-

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 10:48:23 pm »

Put me on the Waitlist ! Capitalism Ho !

Spoiler: Merenio Estobari (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:38:24 pm by Nakéen »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 11:07:59 pm »

Making character sheet...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 11:30:21 pm »

Name: Noah Bominati
Profession: Scientist/Engineer (focusing on biology, machines, and, to a lesser extent, alchemy)
Race: Half-(High) Elf, Half-Dwarf (+magic, +machines, -fortitude, -charisma)
HP: 5
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 4
Skills: Alchemy, Creating Mechanical Devices, Surgery
Special Ability: Is much better at finding, repurposing, and scavenging materials
Equipment: Alchemy Set, Donkey and Cart, Food and Water for Said Donkey, Surgery Equipment
Money: 13 Silver
Backstory: Noah is a... doctor. He seeks to become greater than the puny mortal form he was born into, and hopes to bring others along the path to ascendance as well. In other words, he gives creatures flesh grafts from interesting monsters and robotic limbs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:34:13 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 11:38:14 pm »

Put me on the Waitlist ! Capitalism Ho !

Spoiler: Merenio Estobari (click to show/hide)
Here is my sheet :)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 12:13:56 am »

((Nakeen, I think someone sold your character a bootleg book.. Shouldn't it be titled 'Monster Girl Encyclopedia'?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 12:17:06 am »

((Nakeen, I think someone sold your character a bootleg book.. Shouldn't it be titled 'Monster Girl Encyclopedia'?))
((He doesn't need an Encyclopedia concerning Monster Girls...as he already have it in his memory ! The "bootleg book" is just a book he really likes.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14