Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties  (Read 27621 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Name TBD Adventuring Company RTD: Now Accepting Players! 0/4
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 12:25:20 am »

Can't wait to play this looks cool.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 03:54:45 am »

Damn it! I reserved a post while I was at work because I didn't have time to write a character sheet, then completely forgot about the game when I got home! *sigh* Waitlist for me then... :'(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 04:07:30 am »

((I wish I'd posted earlier, but it took me a while to think of a character worthy of the premise. Keen for this!))

Spoiler: WIP Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:36:14 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 05:57:38 am »

Well...this kinda got away from me. And here I was just trying to justify playing a character capable of flight.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:27:30 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 06:57:38 am »

I forgot to mention it in the opening post, but this game won't be first come, first served. Narrative appropriateness will have some weight in who gets thrown in next, but I don't plan to let anybody languish on the waitlist.

I've been reading over the characters here, and there are a lot of good ones. I'll be back with some more detailed feedback later today.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 07:14:34 am »

PTW may make a character.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 03:24:57 pm »

Spoiler: Drubjarred, Alcoholic (click to show/hide)

I like this and have no changes to request. You're in.

This is excellent, and pretty much exactly the level of power I'm looking for. In.

Spoiler: Seven (click to show/hide)
Your special ability is very powerful, but it's also interesting, you have no skills that do anything other than support it, and you have a backstory full of potentially interesting complications. You're in without changes. And yes, the book is that expensive. But it's a pretty nice book, really. It's really thick, the pages are an attractive cream color and very supple, and the binding is excellent. A great poet needs great materials. Which I suppose means you should be writing on toilet paper. But you have this book, so you don't have to.

You're in. I was planning to introduce you soon after the others got their operation up and running for the sake of the narrative, since it would justify your knowledge of their existence and motivation in seeking them out. If you'd much rather start immediately rather than be first on the waitlist, let me know.

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please clean this up a little and remove my notes as to how to fill out fields on your character sheet.

The whole royal heir thing is kind of crazy, but I can totally work with it. Going berserk over things is also fine as a special ability, but you are not going to magically get literally twice as strong because somebody said something bad about Asturia.

You're in, but I'd like to bump down your amount of starting money a little, in light of you bringing along some basic weapons and armor. I have a plan for your character already.

Put me on the Waitlist ! Capitalism Ho !

Spoiler: Merenio Estobari (click to show/hide)
I want you to know that what your character did to that mermaid was horrible, and also a sin against nature.

If whatever licensing body you fall under ever finds out about this, you can kiss your Monstrologist's License goodbye. Also, people will react accordingly if they ever learn about it, or if they come to believe that you are the sort of person who does these sort of things.

I like the inclusion of a negative special ability, that's cool.

You can start with all of your fancy expensive books and magic pens and all that, but you will have very little money left over. Which is probably good for the story and driving motivations and all that, I suppose. It's mostly because you have a magic pen that never runs out of ink.

You're in. I plan to add you to the wait list and introduce you at a narratively appropriate time.

Spoiler: Noah Bominati (click to show/hide)
Would you be alright with dropping the alchemy set and keeping the surgical equipment to a very basic set? I'd like to have things like full sets of alchemy equipment as a short term goal for the group, rather than something somebody starts out with. Besides, alchemy equipment is expensive. You totally can't get a full alchemy lab for 13 silver. Or a full set of surgery equipment either, probably. Or a donkey cart. You got a deal on this one because you raised this donkey with love and your own two hands from when it was a tiny, shivering foal.

I like the fleshgrafting and mechanical limbs aspect. In on the waitlist.

((I wish I'd posted earlier, but it took me a while to think of a character worthy of the premise. Keen for this!))

I see nothing wrong with playing a character that has both of these names and identities simultaneously, for the record.

Well...this kinda got away from me. And here I was just trying to justify playing a character capable of flight.
I like this concept, and I like the character backstory. I feel like you have a lot of resources between the 30 silver and the useful and wealthy family connections, but I don't think it'll be too much by the time you're introduced. You're in on the waitlist.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »

Great, can't wait to see how this game goes ! And about what happened to that mermaid...I will leave that to everyone's imagination, for now ;)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »

I want you to know that what your character did to that mermaid was horrible, and also a sin against nature.
...I will leave that to everyone's imagination, for now ;)
Yes, having tea with a mermaid is a sin against nature. After all, there are still SOME boundaries people do not want to cross, and one of them is being civilized with monsters.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 05:43:52 pm »

Your special ability is very powerful, but it's also interesting, you have no skills that do anything other than support it, and you have a backstory full of potentially interesting complications. You're in without changes. And yes, the book is that expensive. But it's a pretty nice book, really. It's really thick, the pages are an attractive cream color and very supple, and the binding is excellent. A great poet needs great materials. Which I suppose means you should be writing on toilet paper. But you have this book, so you don't have to.

You're in. I was planning to introduce you soon after the others got their operation up and running for the sake of the narrative, since it would justify your knowledge of their existence and motivation in seeking them out. If you'd much rather start immediately rather than be first on the waitlist, let me know.
((I'll be first on the waitlist, if you don't mind. Thanks.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:16 pm »

Does this mean that I'll be in the starting group?

I'm fine with your proposed changes to my sheet/character.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 01:38:01 pm »

I see nothing wrong with playing a character that has both of these names and identities simultaneously, for the record.
That's actually pretty much the basis of the whole concept- I just hadn't finished the background.
I believe my sheet is finished now, I'm fine with being on the waitlist if needs be. Let me know if anything needs changing. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 04:04:10 pm »

You have one extra stat point and no special ability. I'm fine with this.

Does this mean that I'll be in the starting group?

I'm fine with your proposed changes to my sheet/character.
No, I'm planning to introduce you some time around whenever somebody loses limbs. Or possibly sooner.

You're in. You have 9 silver left. The cooking equipment and food was about 1 silver in total, but the humongous human sized corkscrew had to be custom made for 2 silver by a blacksmith you knew in another city who was too jaded to ask questions, and thereby ended up serving a clientele that gradually made him even more jaded as he fulfilled their requests.

I'm starting off with Dustan Hache, CubeJackal, AbstractTraitorHero, and Yoink, almost purely for plot purposes.

I'll try to have Turn 1 up some time tonight, tomorrow at the latest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14