Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties  (Read 27559 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 16: Well, That Took A While
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2016, 10:35:01 pm »

"This... it doesn't seem fake..." Merenio mumbled.

Then he started laughing to himself, at first inaudibly, and eventually madly.
"Hehe hehe...WAHAHAHA ! AS EXPECTED OF I ! THIS IS THE START OF MY GLORIOUS CAREER, OF I, MERENIO ESTOBARI !"

He clenched his fist upward as a sign of victory, then hugged Zan with all his strength.
"You have all my gratitude Zan ! When I will be famous, I will make sure to pay you my regards !" Merenio mumbled.

Breaking the bro-hug, Merenio bid goodbye to his only friend in Ronke.
"Keep taking good care of yourself friend."

And with that Merenio left like a bolt, heading toward the inscribed location. He couldn't help but mumble the contents of the letter like a broken record "Qualified... Urgently... Risk... Lucrative..."
Unable to contain his smirk, he kept laughing in a way the bystanders found very creepy, even suspicious.

"My life is finally starting !" he thought to himself.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:40:57 am by Nakéen »

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2016, 08:08:57 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"My word," Scarlet breathes, "what's a gorgeous thing like you doing in a place like this?" She gingerly turns the rapier over in her ink-splotched hands, being careful not to leave any ink or fingerprints on the surface. "Don't worry," she coos, "Mommy's here now. From now on you'll have your own display case with velvet pillows."

Scarlet cradles her prize like a baby (no easy feat considering its shape) and shows it off to her fans like a mother shows off her newborn child.

Don't let anyone get too close to my sword. How does Grundig react to my choice?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2016, 07:05:03 am »

For the most part, Jalak remained still with the same vacant smile on his face as he continued reminiscing.
At certain points of the memory, however, the excitement was enough to get his present self shadowboxing in his seat at the bar, doubtless looking either mad, drunk or dosed up on lotus- or all three at once, not unlikely in this place.

Remember laughing and darting into the fray alongside the others, ready to swing a boot into any convenient cultists whilst trying to avoid copping the brunt of their attacks. If any of my friends appears to be in serious trouble, step in to help them, blades out if needed, but otherwise just enjoy myself without sticking my neck out too much.

Tesen, on the other hand, chose this moment to display a flair for the dramatic that Jalak has been jealous of on at least a few occasions throughout their acquaintance. He follows up his sword-grabbing-slide by hopping nimbly up onto a still-standing table near the centre of the melee and swinging the blade about with a flourish, menacing any who came near.
If overwhelming numbers rush the table he'll leap off, over them, even swinging on a chandelier if there's one handy.

The others were far less imaginative, simply staggering to their feet and aiming to beat seven shades of hell out of all comers- with the exception of Maxos, who is still trying to clothe himself in a mess of what used to be the cult leader's fancy outfit, all whilst shrieking something about the green bringing out his eyes and reminding him of that tree he saw once in that really green place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2016, 07:31:50 am »

she..... quietly kinda shifts and after a few moments of contemplation.
"I'll need to talk with the others first is that okay?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »

One thing that Drubjarred knew was that he had a strength and size advantage. In order for his foe to strike him effectively, they would have to swing lower than normal. Additionally, he was in the perfect position to throw them off balance while he was freeing his weapon from the stave of his foe simply by charging forward. The enemy would either have to back up, or watch as a dwarf forced them to hit their groin with their own staff simply by forcing their way forward.
[3+1]vs[3] The dwarf forces his weight down and presses the locked weapons towards the ground. The cultist takes a cautious step back, Drubjarred plants a foot on the iron club, and a clang rings out as he yanks his blade free of the notch, ready to strike against his opponent as the latter tries to free his club from under the dwarf's foot.

"This... it doesn't seem fake..." Merenio mumbled.

Then he started laughing to himself, at first inaudibly, and eventually madly.
"Hehe hehe...WAHAHAHA ! AS EXPECTED OF I ! THIS IS THE START OF MY GLORIOUS CAREER, OF I, MERENI ESCOBARI !"

He clenched his fist upward as a sign of victory, then hugged Zan with all his strength.
"You have all my gratitude Zan ! When I will be famous, I will make sure to pay you my regards !" Merenio mumbled.

Breaking the bro-hug, Merenio bid goodbye to his only friend in Ronke.
"Keep taking good care of yourself friend."

And with that Merenio left like a bolt, heading toward the inscribed location. He couldn't help but mumble the contents of the letter like a broken record "Qualified... Urgently... Risk... Lucrative..."
Unable to contain his smirk, he kept laughing in a way the bystanders found very creepy, even suspicious.

"My life is finally starting !" he thought to himself.
Zan bids a mostly unheard farewell and Merenio strides jauntily into the street, [1] cackling insanely as he speedwalks down dusty desert streets like a maniac. He gets a lot of dirty looks from people, but doesn't notice anything unusual.

Merenio's grin grows even wider as he approaches the tavern. He flings open the door and looks around excitedly, quickly finding the marked table and having a seat at it, hands folded on the tabletop in front of him, posture perfect and straight, almost shaking with excitement.

A gigantic hooded figure, clearly inhuman, leans towards him from the nearest table. It looks him up and down in an almost comically telegraphed way before clumsily lurching upwards to its feet and stumbling to his table to take a seat.

"Merenio Estobari? Velbacia graduated monstrologist?" it stage whispers.

"My word," Scarlet breathes, "what's a gorgeous thing like you doing in a place like this?" She gingerly turns the rapier over in her ink-splotched hands, being careful not to leave any ink or fingerprints on the surface. "Don't worry," she coos, "Mommy's here now. From now on you'll have your own display case with velvet pillows."

Scarlet cradles her prize like a baby (no easy feat considering its shape) and shows it off to her fans like a mother shows off her newborn child.

Don't let anyone get too close to my sword. How does Grundig react to my choice?

The rapier twinkles in the light, almost as if responding to Scarlet's words. The crowd oohs and aahs appreciatively. Unseen eyes ache with envy, but the vast majority of the crowd seems too taken with Scarlet to be envious. [2+1 for audience appraisal skills] "Good choice!" Grundig says. His posture is unreadable, and his heavy visor conceals any kind of facial expression he might have. Happy? Envious? ...Relieved?

For the most part, Jalak remained still with the same vacant smile on his face as he continued reminiscing.
At certain points of the memory, however, the excitement was enough to get his present self shadowboxing in his seat at the bar, doubtless looking either mad, drunk or dosed up on lotus- or all three at once, not unlikely in this place.

Remember laughing and darting into the fray alongside the others, ready to swing a boot into any convenient cultists whilst trying to avoid copping the brunt of their attacks. If any of my friends appears to be in serious trouble, step in to help them, blades out if needed, but otherwise just enjoy myself without sticking my neck out too much.

Tesen, on the other hand, chose this moment to display a flair for the dramatic that Jalak has been jealous of on at least a few occasions throughout their acquaintance. He follows up his sword-grabbing-slide by hopping nimbly up onto a still-standing table near the centre of the melee and swinging the blade about with a flourish, menacing any who came near.
If overwhelming numbers rush the table he'll leap off, over them, even swinging on a chandelier if there's one handy.

The others were far less imaginative, simply staggering to their feet and aiming to beat seven shades of hell out of all comers- with the exception of Maxos, who is still trying to clothe himself in a mess of what used to be the cult leader's fancy outfit, all whilst shrieking something about the green bringing out his eyes and reminding him of that tree he saw once in that really green place.

Jalak laughs uproariously and rushes into the melee, rearing back a heavy boot and aiming it at a cultist's back. [1]vs[4] He swings forward and whiffs it dramatically, catching the back of the cultist's robe with his foot before slipping and falling onto his back. [2] The cultist spins around to face Jalak, but she trips over Jalak's foot tangled in her robe and plunges forward to fall on top of him. [2]vs[3] She lands hard but loses her grip on her iron club, which fulcrums awkwardly off of Jalak's fumbling hands and smacks her in the face right before one of her elbows jabs Jalak in the face. She clutches her hands over her nose and groans, eyes closed tight, and dark red blood begins to ooze out from around her fingers. Jalak is momentarily stunned by the pain of a bony elbow slamming into his cheekbone.

It's going about as well as most of the group's bar brawls, really.

"Ah ha! Back, you snake-swallowers!" Tesen swings the two handed blade overhead, menacing the group of cultists who has surrounded his table and [5] clipping off a set of fingers on an iron club held too far up. He bellows triumphantly, cackling as he parries and brandishes with the blade, [4] deflecting blows from all sides. [2] The energy of the cultists around him seems to diminish, and they begin to look back and forth nervously at one another.

To be honest, Jalak couldn't really see what Tumbleweed and Osuttasue-Uhasab were doing at this point, and he doesn't really remember. He does vaguely recall Tumbleweed behaving with his characteristic borderline-unacceptable selfish brutality and Osuttasue-Uhasab getting two black eyes, though. Minos Maxos [3] is far in the depths of his lotus-craze. He shudders wildly as he thrashes the cultist leader, tearing ragged strips from what was once a legitimately nice robe. The tall priest clumsily grasps Minos' shoulders and [1]vs[1] lunges up and pulls Minos down, slamming their heads together in a forceful headbutt. A crack rings out in the bar, partially muffled by the sound of an articulated leather mask crumpling, and both figures go completely limp. Minos slumps forward on the unconscious priest, numb and still but arguably wearing more of the robes than the cultist himself at this point.

she..... quietly kinda shifts and after a few moments of contemplation.
"I'll need to talk with the others first is that okay?"
"Yes, of course. I will await your return." The weird figure bids farewell to Laura, scarcely waiting for her to get up and push in her chair before it leans over and looks at a scraggly maniac at the next table over. It shuffles up and over to sit across from the lunatic before leaning in and whispering something to him.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2016, 12:16:34 am »

menace the guy into dropping his weapon by slashing at his arms! After he either loses a limb or let's go, point the sword at his neck and shout at him to get on the ground.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2016, 04:00:33 am »

Merenio's mind overflowing with excitement raced as he processed the question.

(This it it, this is it ! Okay, now to calm down. Remember all these job interview simulations, the most important is to sell your qualities and look confident. Don't show them your emotions, or show them what they want to see. I am a PRO, there is no way I can go wrong.)

He proudly stuck his chest out, smiling with an overconfident look.
"Hehe, It is I, of course. Merenio Estobari, holder of a Monstrologist License and Diploma from Velbacia's Monstrology Academy with commendations and high honors. If you need a genius, I am the man you need. For I fear nothing when it comes to monsters, for I don't need to fear what I know best."

He kept unloading all his credentials, preventing the man from saying a word. If he wasn't interrupted, Merenio finally finished after a good 15 minutes of praising himself. Leaning forward in a steepling pose, he said :
"I'm ready."

Merenio kept answering with this out-of-place attitude.

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »

Although Scarlet isn't finished examining her new sword, her stage experience tells her she shouldn't keep her audience waiting too long. She stands up straight and gives the crowd a practiced smile. The realization that she has no script to follow washes over her, shaking her confidence. Scarlet doesn't plan her own shows, and she certainly never improvises. Should she sing again? Dance? Something else? She tries to gauge the audience's expectations.

"Let's show Mister Grundig our appreciation for his generous gift and fine establishment," Scarlet stalls, "And thank you all so much for being a great audience. It's so great to be here!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2016, 03:49:43 am »

Jalak remembers trying to clear his head and assess his cultist opponent's level of attractiveness.
If she was even remotely good-looking, he would have taken the opportunity to try and give 'er a kiss.
Booze is Life for Yoink

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2016, 08:11:00 am »

Ho searching for the others.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2016, 09:03:45 pm »

Spoiler: Much-needed BUMP (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2016, 09:15:16 pm »

I was enjoying it too. I don't mind the slow updates as long as the game is still going to continue. Status, inaluct?

Regarding the flashback: I do feel like I can't go anywhere until Jalak snaps out of it since he's my only connection to the main plot. It would be nice to get some inter-character interaction going on. With that said, I don't mind waiting around collecting valuable (enchanted?) items in the mean time. :D

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2016, 07:19:56 pm »

Oh, damn. I thought people stopped looking at this. Man, I'm a terrible gamemaster for disappearing like this so much, sorry dudes.

I'll write something soon. Don't worry about things like another character who's currently occupied with something being your only tie to the plot. This is a game where the narrative weighs heavy on the machinations of the world, and appealing writing and sensible ideas can carry you pretty much anywhere. Even if you got totally separated, there are absolutely ways that you could link up with the rest of the characters. Gathering information around town regarding Jalak could work well, especially for someone steeped in social talent (read: comical naivety) like Scarlet. Basically, if you can come up with something that I think is plausible, I will absolutely run with it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »

Oh, damn. I thought people stopped looking at this. Man, I'm a terrible gamemaster for disappearing like this so much, sorry dudes.

I'll write something soon. Don't worry about things like another character who's currently occupied with something being your only tie to the plot. This is a game where the narrative weighs heavy on the machinations of the world, and appealing writing and sensible ideas can carry you pretty much anywhere. Even if you got totally separated, there are absolutely ways that you could link up with the rest of the characters. Gathering information around town regarding Jalak could work well, especially for someone steeped in social talent (read: comical naivety) like Scarlet. Basically, if you can come up with something that I think is plausible, I will absolutely run with it.

Don't worry inaluct, you are not the one who was away. I am guilty of that too.
As long as you still are interested in running your game, I will stick to the very end!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2016, 05:13:39 pm »

Likewise, I've been busy and not posting much. I am actually quite relieved I have not missed anything.
Take your time, make it your best!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]