Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties  (Read 27632 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Name TBD Adventuring Company RTD: Turn 5.5ish
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2016, 02:44:34 am »

Pyotr stands up, scowling darkly at the dwarf, and thoroughly dusts himself off before inspecting his newly-acquired fancy outfit (which he is, let's be honest, rather proud of) for damage. He restores his at to its place atop his head, since it was doubtless dislodged in the scuffle.
Then he pokes out his tongue and crosses his eyes, assessing the extent of its injuries.

If I am satisfied that none of the physical damage is overly severe, do my best to piece together my remaining dignity and, given the recent demise of the comfortable seating, lean against a nearby wall with arms folded. Grudgingly help with righting the table and chairs if anyone decides to start doing so. 

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:47:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2016, 06:34:07 pm »

Drubjarred, having been toppled over by an upset Phineas, would take a couple of deep breaths before attempting to right himself. He would then assist in righting Phineas, but leave Pyotr to get up on his own.
[6] Drubjarred stands up and yanks Phineas to his feet. The flustered attorney brushes off his suit.

Pyotr stands up, scowling darkly at the dwarf, and thoroughly dusts himself off before inspecting his newly-acquired fancy outfit (which he is, let's be honest, rather proud of) for damage. He restores his at to its place atop his head, since it was doubtless dislodged in the scuffle.
Then he pokes out his tongue and crosses his eyes, assessing the extent of its injuries.

If I am satisfied that none of the physical damage is overly severe, do my best to piece together my remaining dignity and, given the recent demise of the comfortable seating, lean against a nearby wall with arms folded. Grudgingly help with righting the table and chairs if anyone decides to start doing so. 

[1] The cut on Pyotr's tongue is honestly not as bad as the time he got shot in the mouth with an arrow. It's bleeding and it hurts, but he should be alright. The chamberlain stands and brushes his fancy outfit off. It appears to be undamaged. Nobody moves to right the table and chairs, and he walks smoothly over to the wall, leaning on it with his arms folded, gazing coolly out at the room. All of a sudden, his cape slides against his back and his foot slips. He slides to the floor, impacting with an ungraceful thud as his cape flutters upside down to cover his head.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2016, 06:39:07 pm »

Restraining a snicker at the chamberlain, he would then set to work re-setting up the tables and chairs. He was used to this sort of thing, but he really did want to see a bit of blood coming from the pyotr.
"So, now that order has been restored.."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »

"I suppose it has."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2016, 10:23:16 pm »

(It's been a while since they are stuck in this room, maybe we should skip some steps and get to adventuring ?)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »

((Y-Yeahhh!))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »

(Yeah, I don't know what I expected to happen if I put this kind of people together in a room, oh well. Poor planning on my part.)

"Indeed. Now that order has been restored, I am invoking clause 555 of the Last Will and Testament of Violaceous Turaco, which states in part that if the inheritors are deemed incompetent and unable to run the aforementioned adventuring company, I am to run and manage it for them and in their name until such a time as they become competent." Phineas pauses and looks around the room for any sort of violent objection, and then continues, "Now, with that out of the way, I declare the first meeting of the Velvet Scarab Society adjourned and suggest several courses of action..."

[1] Change the name. The Velvet Scarab Society sounds like some kind of secret society for sex maniacs.
"What? No it doesn't." Phineas looks mildly offended.

[2] We need a source of revenue. Go look for adventuring jobs that need to be done.
"The city guard's always hiring, I guess. Heh." Phineas smirks.

[3] We need more equipment and other adventuring resources. Shopping spree time!
"I know a few places where you can get good deals on things."

[4] We have four people and one of them might be a vegetable. We need to start recruiting.
"There's a help wanted board up in the bar across the street! You could probably find some society's dregs sort of people over there."

[5] Something else. We need to do something else.
"Is that a euphemism for drugs?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Pyotr wasn't too sure about Phineas's choice of name for the company, but he put it from his mind after a moment's consideration.
He's only in this for the cash, after all. He limits himself to a small, stifled snicker, then clears his throat and thinks.

"Hmm, yes, drugs could be a good way to unwind, I suppose. Might help us come up with a plan of action. Good idea."

Express approval for Phineas's suggestion!
If no-one else brings any drugs to the table, go see if I can find some more of that delightful soap!

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Bumping for Abstract and Dustan :) )

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a quiet tone.
"Maybe we should change the name to be something more fitting perhaps after our departed friend?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Scarab Adventuring Company RTD: Turn Eh... Let's Just Call It 6
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2016, 06:08:43 pm »

"I still think that it should be named "The Sellswords Guild". Alternatively, "Turaco's Sellswords" seems good.
Also Sir Phineas, I am very competent, though I am not actually a "inheritor" because the others had signed on, and I was about to prove it until you stopped me. That said I could probably train some guardsmen up a bit, maybe do it in true dwarvenly fashion with caged beasties. If they don't learn fast, then it's just a matter of hauling them to the doctors. Bit extreme, but look at how tough it made me!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2016, 12:41:46 am »

(So is everyone just waiting on somebody else or what?)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2016, 01:53:14 am »

((Yeah think so.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2016, 05:25:09 am »

((Maybe I should change my action to something more proactive, to make the GM's job easier? I don't want this to die. :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2016, 05:35:32 am »

((To Adventure !))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14