Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties  (Read 27634 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name TBD Adventuring Company RTD: Turn 4
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »

Sign the contract.
((And become a Magical Girl))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 05:01:10 pm »

((NO!!!))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

Giving it a quick read-through, he would sign the contract and then nod.
"So now that I've signed, I think that it should be named "The Sellswords Guild". Anyone want to object, or sign on?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 11:29:57 pm »

Can I be added to the waitlist?
Spoiler: Scarlet Skydance (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:53 am »

((Dance for me peasent!))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »

Added! I like this!

Sign the contract.
Giving it a quick read-through, he would sign the contract and then nod.
"So now that I've signed, I think that it should be named "The Sellswords Guild". Anyone want to object, or sign on?"
The two of you quickly sign your respective contracts. Phineas looks expectantly between Laura and Falvar, to see what they say about the proposed name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 08:51:08 pm »

Pyotr stands before the open wardrobe for a long moment, appearing to give his choice of clothing some serious, deep thought.
Not having the first idea of what a chamberlain would wear, and not being too sure what kind of outfits adventurers prefer, either, he eventually settles on a mix of practical and... well, expensive. He's never seen this many clothes in one place.

Dress myself in a sufficiently dashing outfit that includes at least enough pockets to contain the potions and dagger I found.
Try and dress like, I don't know, some sort of adventurer-hero. Maybe I saw someone claiming to be one of those once. Otherwise just try and remember what they supposedly dressed like in the countless tales of deeds and daring I've no doubt heard over the years.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2016, 10:29:20 am »

((Maybe we should try to keep things moving along without the slowpokes. CubeJackal hasn't even been online since May 26.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2016, 11:27:11 am »

Whistle.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »

Yeah, I guess it's time to pick it up. Expect a turn today.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2016, 08:16:01 pm »

Pyotr stands before the open wardrobe for a long moment, appearing to give his choice of clothing some serious, deep thought.
Not having the first idea of what a chamberlain would wear, and not being too sure what kind of outfits adventurers prefer, either, he eventually settles on a mix of practical and... well, expensive. He's never seen this many clothes in one place.

Dress myself in a sufficiently dashing outfit that includes at least enough pockets to contain the potions and dagger I found.
Try and dress like, I don't know, some sort of adventurer-hero. Maybe I saw someone claiming to be one of those once. Otherwise just try and remember what they supposedly dressed like in the countless tales of deeds and daring I've no doubt heard over the years.

[5] Dress self unsupervised. You dig through the wardrobe, searching for the perfect outfit. Through the strange lense of your mild black lotus buzz, everything seems more vivid. The scarlet capes wind and twist crazily around you like a waterfall of blood, the polished brass buttons on some of the clothes glint like the sun on a black sky. You move feverishly, donning the most ruggedly expensive, exotic clothing you can find. A pair of jade-colored cowboy boots with twisting teal snakedragons embossed on them. Rugged pantaloons with fine buttons and buckles and an almost indeterminate number of pockets, both concealed and obvious. A fine linen shirt. A leather bandolier into which you slip your dagger and potions. An elaborate coat, festooned with panels and buttons, strongly reminiscent of the kind of thing a fancy pirate captain would wear. A large floppy scarlet hat with a feather of indescribable color in the brim. You snatch a tiny bottle of cologne from a shelf and spritz it on your neck, inhaling the scent of glory. You grab a flowing cape and throw it over your shoulder dashingly. And finally, you reach back into the wardrobe and withdraw from it a jeweled sword, which you tuck into a crimson sash tied around your waist, formed from one of the capes.

You look in the mirror. You look amazing. An angelic choir sings. Behind you, a hideous black mass of writhing and whirling chitin the size of a man oozes out from the wall, its face a polished human skull. You blink and it disappears. You feel like you are probably coming down from the black lotus. In the other room, you hear a dramatic anthem being whistled. The kind of thing that would play in your head if you were a hero about to make a dramatic entrance. You question whether you are really coming down or not.

Gained:
- outrageously fancy adventuring outfit
- bejeweled sword

Whistle.
[4] Whistle. You whistle an upbeat tune that quickly turns into a rollicking adventurous anthem. The kind of thing fit for the entrance of a hero.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2016, 09:23:59 pm »

Perhaps it was some kind of cosmic law, or perhaps Pyotr was being influenced by the intangible presence of his dead "relative", but whatever the case he decided to make the most of the scene with a dramatic entrance.

Burst back into the room to the tune of... whatever that is! It just feels like the right thing to do.

After standing silently in my dramatic entrance post for an awkward moment of indeterminate length, give an embarrassed cough, return quietly to my seat and rub my face in an attempt to clear my head. Then resume listening to the conversation.

Edit: Be ready to flee with great haste if the crazed, stubby wino happens to attack me.
Also, sign the will as appropriate if I am instructed to, so as not to drag the procedure out for more turns. 

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:53:33 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:09 pm »

Clap.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2016, 09:45:31 pm »

Drubjarred would scowl at Pyotr, Having been reminded of the nobles back at Routedmansions. He wondered what fate would take them, or if they would burrow into the house and stay there for the rest of their miserable life. He would also voice his opinion accordingly.
"You look like one of those preening idiot Nobles from what used to be my old fortress. They got turned into vampires, and when the rest of the populace found out.."
A particularly nasty grin would start to form. As if it wasn't clue enough.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2016, 10:11:57 pm »

Pyotr opens his mouth to object as the dwarf compares him to nobility, but then closes it upon remembering how little he knows about chamberlains. The extent of his knowledge is that they live and work in castles and are of at least some importance. For all he knows they could be nobles. Too risky.

Instead, he turns to Phineas with a frown.
"Who is this idiot? Don't tell me dear, departed Violaceous fu-- er, 'had relations' with a midget?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14