Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I stop my adventurer burning to death?  (Read 1882 times)

Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I stop my adventurer burning to death?
« on: June 03, 2016, 03:30:06 pm »

Hello people!

I have just managed to kill my first Titan with my Monarch Butterfly woman adventurer. However, in the process, I got burned by the tortoise-like beast's fire breath! So far the upper body has been melted by the heat.

Is there any way to save her from further injury (or even just not die), or is she doomed?

Thanks in advance.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I stop my adventurer burning to death?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:59:35 pm »

i think u can dump your waterskin all over your body with a command idk which one though

Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »

i think u can dump your waterskin all over your body with a command idk which one though

Well I guess that would help. I guess that would be using "t" to throw the water over yourself.

Maybe I should "stop, drop and roll"?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »

Yes, dropping water on the ground, then lying down can sometimes help.

Fire-proof precautions you could have taken:

-wearing cloak/hood/mittens; dry, exterior-most items with the item token [LAYER:COVER] catch fire first
-shield skill will block fire from all the non-[LAYER:COVER] items, and occasionally those items with [LAYER:COVER]
-being covered in water before you faced the fire user; swimming gets everything wet, rolling around in water you dropped gets [LAYER:COVER] items wet.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:14:49 pm by peasant cretin »

Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 07:35:17 pm »

Yes, dropping water on the ground, then lying down can sometimes help.

Fire-proof precautions you could have taken:

-wearing cloak/hood/mittens; dry, exterior-most items with the item token [LAYER:COVER] catch fire first
-shield skill will block fire from all the non-[LAYER:COVER] items, and occasionally those items with [LAYER:COVER]
-being covered in water before you faced the fire user; swimming gets everything wet, rolling around in water you dropped gets [LAYER:COVER] items wet.

Thank you very much for the tips.  :)

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 08:58:28 pm »

If you get tired of having charcoal hair you have to become a werebeast. Changing once a month into a monster and then changing back resets your physical appearance to pristine form.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 04:14:36 am »

Ditch any burning items.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 11:47:51 am »

Well, here's what happened:

I tried dropping the water from my waterskins, but they had already been destroyed and the water lost! I dropped my burning !!Spinach Leaves!! and !!Glove!! and ran out of the smoke. I then dropped my XDestroyed ItemsX incase they were still able to harm me. All the while, the fat on my upper body was melting. If that wasn't enough, I then started bleeding from my injuries!

I needed to get to a river.

Bleeding.

Melting.

Heavy bleeding.

Melting.

Feeling faint.

But then the melting stopped. And then the bleeding. I had survived. The same couldn't be said about most of my allies- I had rescued about 20 elves from a besieged Forest Retreat, and less than half that amount remained. My adventurer's injuries were a complete loss of fat from the upper body and some loss of fat from one of their hands.

I returned a few hours later to see what was left of the area. Piles of destroyed clothes scattered the ground, a mix of ash, blood and Monarch Butterfly person ichor. No sign of the Titan's corpse. Oh well.

It also turns out that I couldn't go in the river after all as I simply fly over it.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 01:35:37 pm »

You can submerge yourself with either SHIFT + directional, or jumping in. But it's a good thing you didn't: arthropod people can't swim.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:28:41 am »

You can submerge yourself with either SHIFT + directional, or jumping in. But it's a good thing you didn't: arthropod people can't swim.
I'm pretty sure it's alt + directional.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 05:01:52 am »

I'm pretty sure it's alt + directional.
Alt or Ctrl. Shift is move upwards.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:04:26 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:01 am »

Ah, right. Whoops!