Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Named Mountains for Settling  (Read 1242 times)

Lazy_Perfectionist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Named Mountains for Settling
« on: December 17, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

Have any interesting named mountains for version f? Feel free to share the seed.
I looked for some because I'd heard so much about them and wanted to see for myself.

Luckily enough, my birthday produced two for me to explore. It's may 11th, 1984, and I'm curious what kind of world I may get following other formats such as mm/dd/yy

SEED: 19840511

I haven't looked at everything in this seed, but I've traced most of the mountains. In middle of the south-eastern quadrant, there is a mountain range known as the The Spikes of Memory. In the center of that mountain range are three lakes some land, and a goblin city. The stream/lesser river Prowlwhisper flows southward out of the mountain range. The first named mountain is just at the origin, quite close to the purple goblin city. The second one is just a short while further down.

The two named mountains you can access are The Just Queen and the Girdled Angry Swords of Loot.

The southern mountain, the Girdled Angry Swords of Loot:
To the west, is a scorching, treeless, shrubless badland wilderness with Silty Clay, Chalk, Granite, Diorite.
To the east, is a warm, treeless, shrubless mountain wilderness with Chalk, Granite, Diorite.

Highest z-level is 265
Highest ground and wagon at z-level 250
Chasm found at z-level 248, reaches out of the northern side of the peak. Near center of full map, goes into s-east quadrant. Cavern extends further northward, once the first lower terrain is reached at about 238. You can see it curve west on 237. The chasm and map bottom out at z-level 134. Silty clay can be found underneath wasteland tiles before the ground is reached on layers such as 171, 181, 200. I didn't find anything between 200-214, though I'm limited by frame rate and patience. I generally flipped through a layer looking for different terrain graphics, then when I found region wastlands I went to that area, one level down to find clay.

Worth noting is the complete lack of surface water, trees, or other vegetation.

Unit list:
Pg. 01: 6 batmen
Pg. 02: 7 cave swallowmen, 5 antmen, 7 batmen
Pg. 03: 7 cave swallowmen, 6 antmen, 6 batmen
Pg. 04: 7 batman, 7 cave swallowmen, 5 antmen
Pg. 05: 6 batmen, 6 cave swallowmen, 7 antmen
Pg. 06: 6 batmen, 7 cave swallowmen, 6 antmen
Pg. 07: 6 cave swallowmen, 6 batmen, 7 antmen
Pg. 08: 7 cave swallowmen, 5 antmen, 6 batmen
Pg. 09: 8 cave swallowmen, 5 antmen, 6 batmen
Pg. 10: 7 cave swallowmen, 5 batmen, 6 antmen
Pg. 11: 6 cave swallowmen, 6 antmen, 7 batmen
Pg. 12: 6 cave swallowmen, 7 antmen, 6 batmen
pg. 13: 8 antmen, 5 batmen, 6 cave swallowman
pg. 14: More of the same
pg. 15: More of the same
pg. 16: More of the same
pg. 17: More of the same
pg. 18: more of the same
pg. 19: 12 mountain goats, 3 giant rats, 3 iron men, and 1 hoary marmot
pg. 20: 6 hoary marmot, 6 giant men, 6 iron men, 1 mountain goat
pg. 21: 3 mountain goats, 3 hoary marmots, 7 giant rats, 6 iron men
pg. 22: 2 iron men, 1 giant rat, 7 mountain goats, 3 two-humped camels, 5 one-humped camels

Good grief. And this assumes there's nothing hidden in this huge mountain. And that nothing comes roaming into the area. Fortunately, the huge scope of the chasm means that a lot of these monsters are not next door. Though for fun, you could build your staircases downward next to the chasm.

The Just Queen is to the north, and minerally identical.at least on the map screen.

Your wagon and the highest terrain starts on z-level 246. The map and sky go as high as 261.

Chasm starts on 231, soil can be found on 201.

I'm sorry.. there appears to be two chasms on this map, one of them circular. It doesn't appear immediately, thanks to residing outside of the highest peak, but you can find it somewhere between 155 and 160.

You'll find the ground level at 149. You'll find the bottommost level of the map and _two_ chasms at 134.

The unit list on this map is a whopping 27 pages long. This is definetly not for the frame-rate handicapped, myself included. However, it is worth noting I selected the ENTIRE region instead of anything approaching the default area.
Some Ratmen,
Lots of cave swallowmen, antmen
A few giant/large rats, bats, and cave swallows, ironmen
a handful of troglodytes, hoary marmots, mountain goats.

Almost eleven pages of angry naked mole dogs. more hoary marmots, one-humped camels, and some deceased ratmen.

Anyways... If anyone wants to build an epic ramp upwards over z-levels, feel free to make a fortress out of this seed.

Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer