Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The twitters  (Read 6375 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: The twitters
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 03:37:52 am »

Damn it, these violent liberals. Always the initiators of violence and arguments on the internet and in real life. Unlike Conservatives, they're generally the most deranged and bloodthirsty groups you'll come across, and they've the guns to indulge their weird and sick fantasies on anyone who opposes them. A plague on them, I say! Such animals!

And they don't even have an ounce of self-awareness in their baying for blood and witch hunting of the opposition!
... how many layers of irony are here, exactly?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 06:38:05 am »

Damn it, these violent liberals. Always the initiators of violence and arguments on the internet and in real life. Unlike Conservatives, they're generally the most deranged and bloodthirsty groups you'll come across, and they've the guns to indulge their weird and sick fantasies on anyone who opposes them. A plague on them, I say! Such animals!

And they don't even have an ounce of self-awareness in their baying for blood and witch hunting of the opposition!

Liberal shitholes and conservative shitholes are shitholes all the same and twitter is the liberal social media equivalent of a backwater village in Louisiana that was cut off from civilization by mutant alligators since 1774.

... how many layers of irony are here, exactly?
I tried counting but every time i added everything up in windows calculator it displayed this image instead of any specific number.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:15 am »

Like the old saying goes, opinions and twitters are like assholes: everyone's got one.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 12:58:02 pm »

I'd normally sneer derisively at breitbart links, but this is actually happening. FemFreq is one of the names pulled for Twitter's community censorship board, to boot.

it's a _censorship_ board, who else would you want one? it has to be made out of special interest groups quite literally

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:47 pm »

I'd normally sneer derisively at breitbart links, but this is actually happening. FemFreq is one of the names pulled for Twitter's community censorship board, to boot.
As in they're being hidden, or actually being paid attention to?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 03:31:58 pm »

FemFreq has a say in who gets hidden.
Self promotion below.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 03:49:39 pm »

As an organisation devoted to the eradication of abusive, sexist, dehumanising and objectifying treatment of women on the internet, that is entirely surprising choice. Who next? Pewdiepie? The Anti-defamation League?
One wheel short of a wagon

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 03:58:55 pm »

As an organisation devoted to the eradication of abusive, sexist, dehumanising and objectifying treatment of women on the internet, that is entirely surprising choice. Who next? Pewdiepie? The Anti-defamation League?
Bernard Madoff obviously.
Self promotion below.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 05:28:59 pm »

FemFreq has a say in who gets hidden.
I'll add that to the list of bad things I've heard about twitter recently then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 06:08:30 am »

I'm worried that my twitter feed advocating the drop-kicking of puppies will be unfairly censored. Any advice?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 06:31:03 am »

Kick more puppies until they capitulate.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 07:01:03 am »

Are the puppies male?
If so you have nothing to worry about #killallmalepuppies
Self promotion below.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 10:07:53 am »

Or you could not use it because they're pro-censorship now.

It would help if you gave a link for stuff like that, fd. Or a tldr.
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/16/exclusive-twitter-shadowbanning-is-real-say-inside-sources/

it says conservatives and right wingers are getting banned but in reality all you have to do is say anything even passingly conservative or vocally disagree with Feminists like Anita to earn a silent ban.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSQbLt9DS8

for fuck's sake, guys...

if their goal is to ban all "hate speech" and "passingly conservative" content, they're doing an extremely fucking lousy job

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 11:15:36 am »

Well they obviously can't ban everyone.
Still the more popular twitter righties get the b& treatment and if they started banning people reacting to people they follow suddenly disapearing things would go from obvious to painfully obvious and there's no better way to radicalize a group than keeping them shut in their tiny ecosystem.

It dosn't matter if it's a troglodyte from the fringe right who thinks gays need to be shot and wimminz need to be mak'n them sammiches or left weenie who will accept all 31 genders made up on tumblr and get triggered by lighthouses because they look too much like an erect penis and thus symbolize male dominance over women.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:17:28 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2016, 12:31:20 pm »

Still the more popular twitter righties get the b& treatment...
And yet the loudest and most popular rightie of them all is still happily tweeting away on their hate-speech intolerant progressive platform – I wonder why that is? Maybe because he's a huge click magnet and cash cow for the company, and banning him would cause a steep decline in outrage-driven traffic? So instead they take away his little blue checkmark as a "punishment" and voila – more outrage and more traffic for scot-free! It was a dazzlingly ingenious win-win strategy from Twatter: keep the SJWs happy by giving Milo a symbolic slap on the wrist, and make sure he and his fans will never stop tweeting about the terrible, terrible oppression they have to endure on a gratis social media service that no-one is forcing them to use.

Here: Ken of Popehat wrote a pretty good post about this deranged nontroversy when it was still fresh and wriggly.

Given that, Twitter's action is like throwing Milo into the brier patch and throwing hundred-dollar-bills in after him. The removal of the silly blue check is utterly insubstantial, but promotes Milo's conservatives-are-persecuted-and-liberals-are-evil narrative. It's free publicity. To his audience suggesting that he harasses ideological opponents is a promotion, not a rebuke. It's like banning a hot dog stand from one side of the park on the explicit grounds that the hot dogs are too delicious. He should be sending them some sort of fruit basket. It is, in short, more like fumbling decentralized decision-making and less like a centralized agenda.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4