Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode inns  (Read 2915 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Adventure mode inns
« on: May 19, 2016, 01:24:42 am »

Anyone know if inns (or for that matter libraries and temples) work in adventure mode (i.e. other people come to them)?
In any case - post your awesome inns here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode inns
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 01:26:38 am »

In your sites? Not yet. In towns and stuff, taverns, temples, and libraries are always hubs of activity.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 04:32:04 am »

In your sites? Not yet. In towns and stuff, taverns, temples, and libraries are always hubs of activity.
Probably not yet. Don't think there's been a definitive answer on whether they actually work/don't work/are supposed to work but don't yet. Their lack of historical footprint is pretty damning evidence though.
Fortresses embarked over adventurer sites with 'taverns' will acknowledge the existence of an anonymous 'zone' where your tavern should be. So that's a start...

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:22:40 am »

Probably not yet. Don't think there's been a definitive answer on whether they actually work/don't work/are supposed to work but don't yet. Their lack of historical footprint is pretty damning evidence though.
Fortresses embarked over adventurer sites with 'taverns' will acknowledge the existence of an anonymous 'zone' where your tavern should be. So that's a start...

Oh yeah i tried walking around and saying stories about my site. However people were not very impressed :/
Also one time i thought some patrol wanted cold beer, but they stopped one tile away from my epic inn. :<

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 07:22:22 am »

I have the most awesome underground inn. To find it you have to retire in a field in the middle of nowhere. When you unretire you find yourself in a bed in a tiny underground hut. Stepping outside reveals the secret tavern (somewhere through the GCS webs).

Some people wander through the basement of the local fortress to get there, but that's just cheating...

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 07:39:09 am »

I have the most awesome underground inn. To find it you have to retire in a field in the middle of nowhere. When you unretire you find yourself in a bed in a tiny underground hut. Stepping outside reveals the secret tavern (somewhere through the GCS webs).

Some people wander through the basement of the local fortress to get there, but that's just cheating...

That's awesome. The nice thing about underground builds is no bogeymen to account for and many of the walls already exist. And it's very dwarven.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »

That's awesome. The nice thing about underground builds is no bogeymen to account for and many of the walls already exist. And it's very dwarven.
yeah but my site kinda infested with Demons soo I don't have that luxury.
trying to make a in that's sitting on the ocean seabed but the bridge process is killing my pc memory.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 10:01:49 pm »

So after chatting with the nearby fortress residents I asked them if they knew the way to my camp. They did and even pointed out that there is a tavern there 'The Emancipated Candles'. So despite a lack of existence in Legends, rumours of my tavern actually do exist in the world. I'll move some booze in and set up a bedroom or two and see what happens. I'm playing lots of different adventurers and fortresses in this world, so there's plenty of time for worldgen characters to visit if they can.