Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update 1.02 - 10 new workshops, 5 fonts, fix for TESB, engraving and prefstrings  (Read 14062 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Very minor bug report:  MOUNTAIN entity throws all the "Unrecognized entity weapon token" errors when you deactivate Terrible Weapons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Very minor bug report:  MOUNTAIN entity throws all the "Unrecognized entity weapon token" errors when you deactivate Terrible Weapons.
Smake, you are playing a dev-version. Lucelles terrible weapons pack is not in the released version. But thanks for the report, I'll fix it ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Sounds like I had the same problem as you. Look at my thread for Intense Graphical Glitch to see if it was Similar. Meph says its a rare occurrence that happens.

Yeah it looked a lot like that except a bit lighter with some kind of dark symbol near the bottom.

For me, it isn't 'rare' but it’s happening less with last week’s release than before – haven’t dl’d the newest one, yet.  Sometimes, the crash starts with just a diagonal line, Upper Left to Lower Right, sometimes half the screen greys out.  Either way, 50% of the time, the game could be saved by Escape key maneuvers. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

What is the QUILTED:THREAD that is necessary to make quilted cloth and padded cloth at the new Embroidery workshop?  Any thread can be DFHack forced and that works but, how is it supposed to happen?

[REACTION:TEXTA]
   [NAME:make quilted cloth]
   [BUILDING:EMBROIDERY_STUDIO:CUSTOM_Q]
   [DESCRIPTION:Use 2 threads to make a stronger cloth material. Quilted cloth.]
   [REAGENT:A:30000:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:QUILT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:QUILTED:THREAD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]
   [SKILL:WEAVING
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile

Bug REportfor the Kobold Trap Setter. The Spiked Balls do not seem to be registering as Trap Components for Weapon Traps

DwarfElephantMonster

• Escaped Lunatic
  • More Vomit than Fortress
    • View Profile

I had something very interesting happen to one of my young forts, Swimarrow. I'm not sure what triggered it, the only thing I did that stands out to me is using the newly added Great Archive. It worked as it should, I was able to use the legends mode in fortress mode. While in legends, I exported some detailed maps to use in Isoworld, and I also ran "exportlegends info" in the dfhack window.

About 15 or so minutes after exiting out of the legends mode, Spring Arrived, and then the entire map became revealed to me. I could see every vein/cavern/etc. I even got the "Hilarious honking sounds echo from the darkness below!" message. It's important to note I was over 100 z levels away from the nearest adamantite tube. I never even dug into the first cavern. Even so, the first cavern ended around zlevel -28. I've never had this view before so it was pretty fascinating to see the generated area.

At the same time as this happened, every mined out section became filled with whatever material was there before I mined it out except for designated stockpiles (I think, I could see the grid pattern of the stockpile, but am uncertain if it, too, was filled), encasing all dwarves within the fort. No dwarves were harmed/crushed (although half an elven caravan that just arrived on the screen was instantly crushed to death by a layer(layers?) of sand that appeared on most of the surface. None of the dwarves outside farming were harmed, though most of the animals outside are trapped.

I did not experience any crashing during any of this nor any abnormal graphical glitches. Not even while loading/saving.

Zipped folder of the saved game:
Brief (poorly written) summary of fortress events including a brief Forgotten Beast rampage and elven decimation:

Z Level 0 The "browned out" areas are portions I tried marking around every dwarf to see if they could escape/dig out to no avail.

Z Level -1 This is where the bedrooms, some crating stations, and stockpiles.

Z Level -2 This is where the barracks are located.  Archery range and coffin pile were planned to be here.

Z Level -3 This is the location of the temple and the main meeting area, which doubles as a tavern.
Ever afterward, though the dance of creation change around me in the hall of eternity, I shall be the same. - Anandamayi Ma

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

-snip-
I believe it's related to a known bug with open-legends, which the Great Archive uses. I've had it happen on one of my saves before, it sucks. If you're looking for something to try to work around should you be stuck and lacking backups - I think I abandoned my save eventually, but if I recall correctly I managed to get around/temporarily stave off the problem by retiring and then unretiring my fort so the world updating progressed past the date the problem always happened on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

doesnt 'unreveal' work? or 'rev-flood'?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had a random CTD, no idea what proc'd it but the only thing I can think of is that a memorial slab was about to get engraved, and the autosave was too far back to reproduce it. Who knows.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile

Do the vaguely worded protections from being in the Masons guild protect miners from bad outcomes with awakened stones?
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Do the vaguely worded protections from being in the Masons guild protect miners from bad outcomes with awakened stones?
They shouldn't.  The "dreaded warpstone" is from a different mod than The Earth Strikes Back, and if I recall correctly warpstone isn't implemented in the New Masterwork yet.

There are two ways to earn the "favor" of a Living Stone type: learn a Secret or pay Tribute.  A miner with the right "favor" will be at peace with Awakened Stones he/she unearths, and Wyrms will be less bonkers (though still hostile).  Since the Mason's Guild has enough benefits on its own, throwing in 24 types of "favor" for free seems a bit much.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting a crash each time I play this save. I found out that it happens each time I try view the status of the Forgotten beast that genned underground. Any idea why that would occur?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8wrmjruooayle6y/AABJNORVDjpp-4rMdmWaahl5a?dl=0

Forgotten beast should be in the underground in this save and come into view within 10 minutes.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I have been having intermittent crashes, didn't seem to be tied to anything in particular. I started a new fort today and screwed around with some settings beforehand, and am now at 4 years in-game with a single crash, and im pretty sure I know what caused that one. My only crash happened I was was changing my window size while paused, which somewhat limits the options. The only unusual setting I changed before embarking on this crash-free fort, was setting the TWBT plugin to Phoebus, to match the graphics setting. Previously I had just left it blank, assuming that pheobus was the default. However, I have noticed some clear difference in the text.

So, it appears to me that leaving the TWBT Plugin default setting at blank has been causing me crashes, and by setting it to match my graphics has pretty much done away with them.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another bug I found, I think with Kobolds. When I use the Trap Parkour to train my bolds, the trap components wear away as normal.....ALL of the trap components. That includes the building materials. So after ten uses, my Trap Parkour collapses in on itself completely. Is that supposed to happen...cause I feel like that's not supposed to happen.

EDIT: Aaaaaand, same with the training room.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:57:19 am by chaosfiend »
Pages: 1 [2]