Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 26416 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

THESE ARE REALLY FUCKING EXPESNIVE WINGS STOP FUCKING SHOOTING THEM!
Fire another grenade at the two goons using the inner wall as cover, then keep up the 3 round bursts.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aimed shots on the biggest threat, that grenade launcher on that humvee and whoever is manning it.

How far is that metal gate behind us?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Look up.
"If you die, can I graft those wings onto myself?"

If the ceiling is high, load and fire a force round to propel myself up into the air, fire a while phosphorous shell at the enemy, and then toss my grappling hook onto a pipe or sth. to slow my descent.

Otherwise, just fire a dazzle round (AT THE ENEMY) and emerge from the smoke to bite some heads off.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:08:11 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...75% chance this guy's a death robot. Calling it.

Fire an aimed burst at the "man's" neck-head area, to at least make a distraction. Fire before Andrew in the queue.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

If that other car's still relatively intact, it's gotta be stealth uparmored. This could be our ticket out of here. I could run for it with Recenser's suppressing fire, but it'd be suicidal with that automatic grenade launcher rolling up.

Heft my scoped rifle and take a single carefully aimed shot at the head of the gunner in the uparmored HMMWV turret.

How far away is the car? Have any rounds hit the Chevy's engine block?

The gate is closed you'll have to change that before you can go anywhere. The Chevy doesn't appear to have any engine damage.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If that other car's still relatively intact, it's gotta be stealth uparmored. This could be our ticket out of here. I could run for it with Recenser's suppressing fire, but it'd be suicidal with that automatic grenade launcher rolling up.

Heft my scoped rifle and take a single carefully aimed shot at the head of the gunner in the uparmored HMMWV turret.

How far away is the car? Have any rounds hit the Chevy's engine block?

The gate is closed you'll have to change that before you can go anywhere. The Chevy doesn't appear to have any engine damage.

I'd like to add an additional action, heavily contingent on the tactical situation: IF the tactical situation is favorable by the end of this turn, AND the 20mm grenade launcher is disabled, hop in the Suburban and fucking floor it, recklessly swerving towards the other car and getting ready to get out and break in and attempt to hotwire.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Look up.
"If you die, can I graft those wings onto myself?"

If the ceiling is high, load and fire a force round to propel myself up into the air, fire a while phosphorous shell at the enemy, and then toss my grappling hook onto a pipe or sth. to slow my descent.

Otherwise, just fire a dazzle round (AT THE ENEMY) and emerge from the smoke to bite some heads off.

There is no ceiling this is a walled off compound in front of a square office complex.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, ignore plan 1 then.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 9: Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 3 hours. It is around 3 am.

After a noisy, painful but highly amusing (to one of you) car ride you almost reach Man-Hunter HQ

The two cars speed downtown towards Man-Hunter HQ, Anthony's 2016 Chevy leads the way. The front two seats are actually relatively comfortable the spilled trash adds a nice layer of cushion between you and uncomfortably worn down seats. The goon truck is a bit more comfortable in terms of seating but the wedged-off door allows the cold night air to blast into the passenger compartment.

Almost there!

It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. The front gate is open which makes sense because it is visited by potential clients; however there seems to be some strange metal str-

That's a spike strip! And the Chevy ran right over it!

Were they expecting you? Even so why this kind of treatment?! Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The goon truck driven by Andrew swerves avoiding the spike strip; however, it does not enter the Man-Hunter compound with the Chevy. Instead it pulls around the compound.

The Chevy is caught! The heavy metal doors of the compound start to close behind you (Eiki, Anthony, Sanct and Recenser) Anthony switches to reverse and stomps on the gas! No luck the car doesn't not respond in a controllable manner with it's tires spiked! An alarm sounds! It seems they expected you yet had no idea when you would come! The Man-Hunter security team must be deploying now!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these.

To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car. Anthony parks nicely in a parking spot the best he can while the rest of you tumble out of the Chevy guns at the ready crouched low.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Fuck there's no cover whatsoever.

Out of the southwest corner you see Man-Hunter security troops, they have black fully armored (21st century tactical gear)!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache) (Your roll is second to Leocks)

You are a lot faster than your friend here. You regain the initiative!

(5) With a sudden burst of speed you are right up in his grill!

BOOM

(5) He draws his face backward but is a bit to slow! You blow his face off! Fuck yeah!

Wait.

You see a metal skull under his freshly mown face. And his eyes! They glow red! You've seen that movie! It's a terminator! It seems you disabled one of his eyes though, that creates a blind spot you might be able to exploit. 

"Die." He says with lackluster expression. He jabs you right in the stomach with his hand! Ouch OUCH FUCK! He twiddles his fingers around in your gut.

Status changed! As long as you get this man's- err robot thing's arm out of your intestines you'll suffer zero changes to your ability to wage war.

Restoration Mode with your tore up digestive tract will of course still be possible, you can always count on that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(1) You fire! BLAM!

It just stopped. It jammed!

Hearing the one round that you did fire the man pulls up his shotgun and fires at you (1 It seems that this guy just clones whatever you guys roll, honestly) all of the buckshot pellets are absurd by the engine block of the truck.

You scramble to address the jam.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(5) You fire one of your trademark dazzle rounds into remaining enemies on the ground. It hits perfectly. The remaining front-line troopers go into a frenzy unsure how to respond. It seems the fireworks are confusing the troopers, some of them leave their positions to avoid what they fear to be some sort of grenade.

The gunner in the 20mm grenade launcher mount ducks in fear! He stops his suppression fire.

You charge through the smoke in front of you taking advantage of the chaos! You sprint towards a trooper who made it into the rows of black Man-hunter automobiles. You bite right into his neck. Your teeth rip right through his black leatherish suit that complements his kevlar armor you sever his external carotid artery! Hot blood spews fourth.

You didn't quite bite off his head but you fucked him up all right. Biting the necks of spread out troopers is too involved to attempt again in a single turn after also firing a rocket; however it seems to have an additional effect.

You see the last two remaining troopers crawling back in terror! You step forward they inch back in fear!

You are know among the rows of black automobiles at the north west region of the compound. In front of you is a 10m corridor (no roof) formed by the big western wall and the smaller innerwall that boxes in the office building. There is the Humvee with a mounted 20mm belt fed grenade launcher and two last troopers. Behind them is the second enemy special deployed last turn! It's a trooper M806 .50 cal HMG machine gun team. It has a gunner and loader (carrying the weapon) and a ammo carrier.

They start setting up the weapon however, it won't be this turn that they fire back. Also they are in the corridor making it impossible to fire at anyone but you if they fire back. Additionally it would be very easy for you to side step out of the vision allowed by the corridor that they are in.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(2) (Your roll is third among your teammates in the compound) You pull up your rifle to fire. You Aim- BOOOOMMMM! (6)(New enemy special revealed! Roof top sniper team! He must have just poked his head out because you looked their recently) Shit! That wasn't you firing!

Your entire upper brain explodes onto the concrete next to you! It's a big pink splat!

You don't feel too good.

Status changed. 

Parietal lobe destroyed! Sensory functions limited, you'll have to focus on your limbs to keep track of them. Reading and speaking will be impossible though with your temporal lobe in contact you'll be able to understand what people say!

Frontal lobe destroyed! Focus is nearly impossible, it'll be hard to carry out multistep actions!

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)(Your roll is second to Anthony's)

(5 I guess one good roll leads to another) You pull the slide of the M203 grenade launcher forward ejecting the spent shell. You quickly ram another one into the chamber. BLUAM, you fire.

Your round hits just at the corner of the wall. The prone trooper was a little to far forward, he takes the full blast of a shell that exploded right above him. He's dead! The second trooper is bombarded by the rubble and starts to pace backwards in wounded confusion. You notice he's bleeding from shrapnel wounds, he trips backwards and is incapacitated!

You fire more bursts.

BUURRAMM! BUURRAM! They went to ground and are significantly harder to hit. You manage to silence one! At this point you've killed six of the advancing troopers and two covering behind the inner wall. You have almost put a halt to their advance. You count only three more stragglers.

You reload quickly ejecting the spent mag and sliding in a fresh one. You also go to ground hoping your teammates will finish off that new gunner on the belt fed 20mm grenade launcher.

Anthony Brake (inaluct)(your action is first among the four in the HQ compound)

(3) You fire! Blam. Nice shot, you see the pink spray of the exit wound. Headshot!

Damn it.

The old gunner is quickly replaced he turns the grenade launcher at you and fires! Luckily it'll take time for the gunner to line up a direct hit. He still fires though, your right side is sprayed with shrapnel though none of it pierces deep enough to cause status change.

Right now you can't even consider the possibility of entering the Chevy.

(4 A 4 won't do them much good at this point) The enemy security force has been devastated by Recenser's well aimed M16 and grenade launcher fire. There are two stragglers of the initial trooper advance left, they are cowering in fear (and recovering from a stun bomb blitz) from Eiki's wild attack. The first 20mm grenade launcher gunner had his head tunneled by Anthony's sniper fire and the second went to cover in the torrent of fireworks, stun bombs and flashbangs produced by Eiki's dazzle ™ rocket.

The two other specials dispatched by Man-Hunter security have been revealed! One is a roof top (Man-Hunter HQ building) exploded Sanct's head with a high caliber sniper round from his M98b .50 cal.

The other is a M806 .50 cal HMG team. They are setting up in a corridor created by the outer and inner wall to shoot at Eiki. The location they are setting up in poses no threat to the rest of the group.

Enemy reinforcements ceased! Two troopers, a sniper team (two men), a HMG team (3 men) and Humvee with belt fed grenade launcher left!

VIctory is near for those in the compound! Outside you hear gun shots! It seems Leock and Andrew are in a struggle of their own.

These guys won't be as easy as the goon hit squad.

Situation will govern how your rolls affect combat.

Allied suppressing fire (sniper, mg, rockets, etc), good cover, etc will better the situation weakening the results of a low roll (3-1). Enemy suppressing fire will weaken the situation.

Situation is specific to each player and it basically has to do with how many people see you, how many are shooting at you, what kind of weapons and what kind of firepower you are you forcing your enemies to contend with.

If it doesn’t make to much sense then fight how you feel you should and you'll probably be doing it right, it's suppose to be pretty intuitive.

Enemy specials will get reaction rolls turning your roll, enemy normals will get a collective response roll at the end or beginning of the turn which governs how they adapt strategically and what kind of reinforcements they pull in.

Also remember if you don't specify the order of your actions then the order is the order that you guys reply in.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Just want to note that Sancts trench would have protected him from the low roll; however, the roof top sniper's high roll ended up doing him in!

This game may seem like it is entirely roll dependent but that isn't the case. I take into account a lot more than just your roll.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While allowing the stragglers to repent and live out the rest of their lives is law-abiding citizens would indeed be morally preferable, Eiki decides that their sins at this point are too much for them to justify the added effort.

Force rocket myself into the sniper if it will get me outside the 50 cal's cone of fire. Use him as a cushion to soften the landing. (Try to do this first in the turn order)

If it won't protect me from the 50 cal, then sidestep to avoid it (early on in the turn order) and:
-If the smoke is safe from 50 cal fire, retreat into smoke
-In both cases fire HE at the sniper's position (Later in the turn order if protected by smoke, right after sidestepping otherwise)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OF ALL THE BLOODY TIMES!

Quickly try to clear the jam. If successful, then burst at the upper body again. If not, then pull out my Thompson burst at the robot's arm currently pinning Andrew.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Kick off, pump, and fire again! try to strafe them in the direction of their damaged eye to mess up their aim!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I don't have any kind of conventional weapons that can take out an uparmored HMMWV, so I guess I just start screaming about it.

"EIKI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! SHOOT A ROCKET AT THE HUMVEE!!"

Oh wait, the laser pistol. Draw my laser pistol and use the Chevy as cover to fire the laser into the face of the person driving the HMMWV. If I have time, go back to my rifle and try to take out the rooftop sniper.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:14:54 pm by inaluct »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uuhhhrrgghhh. Go restoration mode in the bottom of my hole, consuming snacks, pretzels, dirt, gravel--got to be dirt level this deep a hole, can't be more than 24 inch of concrete.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16