Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 26402 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the record, there are a few more important things I'd like to do here before we head out, but I don't want to go crazy with all kinds of actions in one turn.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Eiki smiles viciously.

Tear the M806 off its railings and take two belts of ammo. Equip to slot 2.

The whole thing exploded. The M806 is ok, hanging onto it's mount on the deformed Humvee frame. No ammo for it remains except for the box attached to the weapon.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Hey, that went pretty well.

These guys seem to not know much, so allow them to leave peacefully.

"Over here, Andy. Help yourself." Point at the box of food, and then use some of it to heal my shattered kneecap.

"Somebody see about taking that machine gun with us. One of our stronger people might be able to move and fire it, and we'll probably need the firepower once we get inside. If anything, it'll at least be good for punching through cover."

"Hey, Rens, come down here and grab an ID from one of these dead guys, change into their uniform. I need you to use your augment to change your face so you look exactly like them. This'll work better for us than just coming in guns blaring. You might need to readjust the biomass in those wings, though." Look through the dead troopers for ones with comparatively unruined uniforms and equipment, and especially for one that looks like me. Steal that one's ID and assemble a good looking set of gear for myself, and then look for small female troopers and ones that look like Merald and Vols. Not even gonna bother trying to find one that looks like Sanct.

The compound is under video surveillance even then the three captive troopers will report back to their barracks if you let them leave. Troopers are just employees they don't get to look at the client data.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Well, guess I'm sticking with my original plan then.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Provided I can spot the cameras, I Would take aim with my autopistol, and do short controlled bursts at each one that I saw. Give my teammates some cover.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, that went pretty well.

These guys seem to not know much, so allow them to leave peacefully.

"Over here, Andy. Help yourself." Point at the box of food, and then use some of it to heal my shattered kneecap.

"Somebody see about taking that machine gun with us. One of our stronger people might be able to move and fire it, and we'll probably need the firepower once we get inside. If anything, it'll at least be good for punching through cover."

"Hey, Rens, come down here and grab an ID from one of these dead guys, change into their uniform. I need you to use your augment to change your face so you look exactly like them. This'll work better for us than just coming in guns blaring. You might need to readjust the biomass in those wings, though." Look through the dead troopers for ones with comparatively unruined uniforms and equipment, and especially for one that looks like me. Steal that one's ID and assemble a good looking set of gear for myself, and then look for small female troopers and ones that look like Merald and Vols. Not even gonna bother trying to find one that looks like Sanct.

The compound is under video surveillance even then the three captive troopers will report back to their barracks if you let them leave. Troopers are just employees they don't get to look at the client data.

I figured they had to have seen us already, but the security force is probably pretty well whittled down by this point. They might figure out that we've stolen trooper uniforms and gear, but they probably won't realize that Rens has replicated a face. Either way, it's additional confusion.

As far as letting the troopers go, I guess it depends on how fast they report back to their barracks. If they leave and don't come back for a couple days, I honestly don't care all that much. On the other hand, I activate my augment and begin secreting a concentrated proteolytic from my parotid glands. They can't leave just yet.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:33:22 pm by inaluct »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Break in the car and look over the receipt for anymore intel.  See also if the glove compartment for a registered owner.  Anything in the back seat and trunk? 

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Anything in the back seat and trunk?  [/b]

There seems to be more papers and a few books.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn:12 Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 4 hours. It is around 4 am.

(This section is taken from before, just shortened to only include the description of the inner courtyard of Man-Hunter HQ.)

It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. 

Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these.

To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

(2) You lift up the terminator onto your shoulders and throw him into the back of the goon truck. Blood drips down from the terminator onto your armor. It seems that outer shell is actual flesh; it’s a very convincing disguise. That will sell for sure. 

You then make the walk around the eastern wall into the compound were everyone else is. Greeted by a bin of food kindly donated by the defeated Man-Hunter security team, you dig in.

Restoration Mode activated! The very beat of your heart shakes your body! You heat up rapidly!

Wounds healed!

You then go about spotting these cameras. It's night and the camera's have infrared flashlights making them too easy to spot for someone with your augments. You pull out your pistol. Blam. Blam Blam!

The compound is no longer under surveillance!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(4) You open the bolt/chamber area and clean it up. You won't have to worry about that problem again for a while.

You walk over to the M806. All the ammo for it exploded with the Humvee except for the box currently attached to the weapon.

It has scrapes from shrapnel but other than that it is in fine condition. It seems Eiki has taken interest in the weapon as well. She undoes the bolt and pulls it off for her self.

…. You feel less safe next her now that she's holding that thing. Not that you ever really felt safe around her in the first place.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(1) You run past Leock and tackle the M806. You pull the bolt out and take the weapon for yourself. You feel very powerful holding this thing.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(6) You smash the window. WWWEEEOOOWWWW  WWWWEEEEOOOOWWWW

That's very fucking annoying. 

CRASH. You stab one of your 12" pikes right through the main circuit killing the alarm.

Let's see... This guy bought a lot of AA-12s from a local supplier, a combat drug from another other supplier and the terminator.

Looks like this guy did some research before buying the terminator there's a lot of information on operation capabilities of the T-850.

Wait.

You look over the receipt. He bought three terminators! Not all of them are T-850s one of them is a I-950. It's circled on the recite. It seems he didn't buy a I-950 terminator but rather an I-950 terminator chip. 

Strange.

All the details about this I-950 are torn out of the files or blacked out.

You flip to the next set of files.

What the hell. 

Your heart nearly skips a beat. On the front of the file is sloppily written "MOTHER I'M COMING FOR YOU!"

...Mother...

That takes you back to your days with Alis Nova Renascentia in Monumentis. You shudder.

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(1) Before changing you do some reconnoitering. You flap your wings for the first time. Exhilarating! Again and again and before you know it your airborne. You created quite the breeze back on the ground. You land and survey the compound behind the Man Hunter main HQ building. To the west is a large barracks facility.

You notice there is a lot more security troopers left. This makes sense. Man-Hunter is paid to send out set amounts of troops to make a hit not to complete murder contracts. You guys were just lucky enough to survive the hit.

Guess that means you aren't at war with Man-Hunter. Yet.

On the east side there is a large vehicle hangar. You take a guess that that is where the Humvee came from.

You fly back down to the courtyard and conform to Anthony's plan, it seems the surviving troopers left but they didn't go back to the barracks. You enter Restoration Mode and transform into a close copy of one of the troopers on the ID card. You also get into one of the trooper uniforms. You leave your old gear/clothes in the Chevy.

Goodbye wings and extra bear arms. At least next time you can make sure to grow leathery bat wings.

It seems your disguise works out! (read Anthony's roll for details.)

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(6) You convince Recenser to follow along with your plan. You also take the time to help yourself to the rations and heal your leg.

Wow! He really looks like one of them. He takes the ID that matches the trooper he is disguised as.

About a minute later an angry secretary storms out of the HQ building. She's furious!

"All right! Which one of you degenerates shot the security cameras! Just because some bloke pays us to kill you DOES NOT give you the right to go destroying our property! You can instead file a complaint like our other more considerate patrons."

She sees Recenser, "You soldier! Witch one of these morons did it?"

Looks like she bought into the disguise. You hope Recenser's a good actor.

The rest of the surviving troopers watch, they become even more worried. They turn to you, "look buddy, we all got vacation hours. How 'bout we leave you here to whatever your doing and... come back tomorrow."

Another one of the troopers whispers angrily to the one who spoke up, "Good job moron! What if we comeback tomorrow and there is no Man-Hunter? We'd be outta work!"

"What do you want me to do about it? Charge in and try to take them out?! Either they destroy Man-Hunter or they don't. That simple. We don't got much say in it either way." The other whispers back.

They seem to be arguing.

You build up a proteolytic in your glands. You're ready to launch a big wad of acid spit. You can swallow it to cancel.

Status healed!

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:37:41 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"That would be Me, and with good reason. When we came in here to do just that, your troopers spiked the tires of my buddy's vehicle and tried to blow them up! Not only that, you and your buddies sic'd a damn robot on me! You think i'm just going to sit there and ignore the poor service, especially after surviving that crap? Hell, I am expecting that I'll have to fight just to get INSIDE!"
He would stare down the semi-suicidal secretary, pistol in hand. He would also give an off comment to the troopers as follows:
"Frankly I respect your position and would be happy to lend you a bit of cash, but I am fairly strapped for it myself at the moment. I'll try to keep your workplace mostly in one piece, but no promises."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:53:05 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey guys, check out this receipt for a terminator upgrade chip.   Also, you guys know any mama's boy running back home?"

*Gets some rations.  I knew booze would help rinse my mouth just about now.  Make sure the C4 disks are still in my pack.*

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

*Make sure the C4 disks are still in my pack.*

Whoops sorry about that.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"That would be Me, and with good reason. When we came in here to do just that, your troopers spiked the tires of my buddy's vehicle and tried to blow them up! Not only that, you and your buddies sic'd a damn robot on me! You think i'm just going to sit there and ignore the poor service, especially after surviving that crap? Hell, I am expecting that I'll have to fight just to get INSIDE!"

She folds her arm angrily. "You can file a complainant! Don't go shooting the buildings up! Anyways Man-Hunter doesn't have any killer robots so all I can say is that sounds like a personal problem."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Act natural, say that I tried to explain that they should file a complaint with man co rather than shoot up company property but they refused to listen.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

She folds her arm angrily. "You can file a complainant! Don't go shooting the buildings up! Anyways Man-Hunter doesn't have any killer robots so all I can say is that sounds like a personal problem."

"Just like you don't have troopers in black ballistics vests and vehicle mounted grenade launchers. What a load of bull. Now I am sure you realize you are not in a position to argue, so where are the files and information related to the hit that was placed on us?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16