Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 18165 times)

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

i wait for one of the goons to draw near, then grab and drag into the cover of the storage room, Using them as a meat shield. If neither I nor him get hit, I knock them out.

Thanks for the info about your weapons!


Your teammates Leock and Eiki look like they are about to give the goons hell with a barrage of MG and rocket fire. You don't suppose goons will be getting close anytime soon.


Your worried about that .50 cal HMG that's threateing to tear you all to shreds through a wall. It doesn't make a good target with that wall in the way; however, you guess that your shotgun might actually be able to punch through the northern wall and hit behind it with your armor shredding rounds.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:40:41 pm by WunderKatze »
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Head shoot the nearest goon for a better hit instead of a "hail mary single bullet multi-hit" temptation; and assess the wall behind me if I can burrow through it as an escape / cover option; and if the guy infront of me is dead/injured, grab/pocket his phone too while convenient.

You gave your character a Strength-Speed of 6 which means to be efficient at knocking down brick walls you'll need to over activate (reference OP) your muscles which will leave you sore.

I'll let you change your Strength-Speed if you want.

I suggest 0-4 it'll make you better suited to breaking through rock and digging, though you'll be marginally slower, you'll still be a lot lot faster than a regular human.



But the choice is up to you.



Also forgive me guys for all the double posting I do. I tend to address things one at a time in the order I read them which leads to me posting multiple messages back to back.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:39:34 pm by WunderKatze »
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

  • Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

In that case, Decloak and exit through the back to flank around. if there is isn't an exit, then Make One with my shotgun.
Logged
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

In that case, Decloak and exit through the back to flank around. if there is isn't an exit, then Make One with my shotgun.


HA HA! Yes. I was just thinking you could do that, I made sure not to suggest it though. I'll be writing turn 3 as soon as I hear from Sanctume.
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You gave your character a Strength-Speed of 6 which means to be efficient at knocking down brick walls you'll need to over activate (reference OP) your muscles which will leave you sore.

I'll let you change your Strength-Speed if you want.

I suggest 0-4 it'll make you better suited to breaking through rock and digging, though you'll be marginally slower, you'll still be a lot lot faster than a regular human.

Strength-Speed 4 please, I'd like to be enough to break / dig, but not too far on the slow end of things.

Forget the wall, take a shot then dive closer to Eiko, maybe make use of that metal barrel for cover.

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 3: ((Remember I'll be looking to add two more characters into the game in a few turns, post a sheet if you want in))


This turn you guys have the initiative so youíll go first then Iíll roll for the goons and theyíll respond!


Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)
 
(3)(in terms of roll order your roll is third after Eiki and Leock) The .50cal fire leaves your position moving back to the main bar area. You get up from your prone position into a squatting crouch which you make your way to the northern wall of the storage area.
 
No door here. Behind it is the street. There are no immediate signs that the goons expect this at all.
 
You wait. 
 
BAUM BAUM BAUM BAUM
 
Under cover of the sound of the .50 cal burst you pump your shotgun once chambering a round. BOOM. Some of the bricks shatter and spall. You quickly pump again and fire. BOOM. A large amount of the bricks fall out of place outside onto the dark nighttime sidewalk.
 
You dive outside brushing apart the weakened brick wall enlarging the hole you made. 

You get a look at their rig, a pickup truck with a tripoded M2HB HMG in the back with a goon loader and gunner. A large number of goons are backed up against the street side of the northern bar door.

(6 response roll for goons) Nearly all of the goons notice your exit. Weíll see what they roll during their goon response roll that will follow your teammateís rolls

Spoiler (click to show/hide)



 
Leock Vols (HighEndNoob)
(5 lucky bastard!)(Your roll is first in terms of order.) You open fire! Somehow the .50 cal fire wasnít drawn to your position.
 
 The leading goon takes the initial burst.  The rounds drill a hole in his stomach hitting the next three goons behind him. They all collapse leaving a small pile of corpses at the door and an expanding pool of blood.
 
You sweep the sides of the northern wall carefully not shooting Sanct Stone. You cut down the goons on the right side they fall (the left side is blocked by the bar table. One is cut in half! His entrails join the messy floor.
 
After gunning them down you begin nicely paced bursts into the doorway. One of the bursts catches the fingers of a goon outside. He screams and three of his fingers are blown out onto the dark road outside 
 
Click. Click. Youíre out of ammo on your current ammo belt.
 
Youíll have to load a new one, though you arenít worried considering how fast you are at reloading and the fact that Eiki looks ready to give the goons hell. 
 
You estimate that if you do another long burst youíll need to change barrels. Lucky for you the MG-42 has a quick change barrel. Shorter, spaced burst can prolong the time needed until a barrel change though you would be firing with reduced firepower.
 
Focusing on the steel barrels of the Goonsí composite plastic AA12sí you notice they are all along the outer wall. There is still a considerable amount of them.
 
You notice Andrew left his prone position in the storage room.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)



 
Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_)
 
(1 >:) looks like your first to feel the carnage!)(Your roll is second in order) The .50 cal fire was drawn to you!
 
BAUM BAUM BAUM!
 
The line of BMG fire passes through your position while you reach to take hold of a smoke round.
 
A round strikes your left shoulder severing your arm! It flies back sliding against the floor before hitting the ground. You drop the smoke round onto the floor it fails to detonate!
 
Another round glances your skull! It pierces and youíre the very left of your frontal lobe splatters on the wall behind you. 
 
Your ceramic reinforced skull keeps the right side of your skull from completely spalling instead you have something of a gash into your brain.
 
A third .50 BMG round strikes your launcher piercing and striking your chambered high explosive rocket. It explodes! The heavy steel of the launcher prevents the heavy explosive round from decimating you entirely; however, your right arm is burnt and mangled. Shrapnel has entered your thighs though it is safely stopped by your ceramic armor.
 
(1 damage roll for launcher >>>>:))))The other rockets detonate! All the rounds in the chamber explode simultaneously. 
Your launcher turns into a cloud of white phosphors and regular smoke and is propelled backwards the pistol grip of your launcher smashes against your right shoulder and pulls you, twisting your body suddenly throwing you to the ground. It does little to the already damaged right shoulder. 

The launcher smashes into the wall behind you. It breaks through and tumbles around somewhere out of your vision.
 
You now sit in a cloud of white phosphors and regular smoke left arm blown off, right arm out of action and with the right front region of your frontal lope splattered (read ĎStatusí below for details). Your ceramic armor spared you from further shrapnel damage and the heavy steel construction prevented the ammo detonation from taking off your head.
 
Your knifes and pistols are OK and your remaining inventory items lay in a pile around you all safely nested and secured in your scarf.
 
 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)



 
Sanct Stone (Sanctume)

(3) (You're are the last roll in order) Shortly after Leock's MG fire finishes you fire! The shot hits a goon in the bicep passing through him and serving the upper half of his body. His body slumps to the ground ribs and severed spine exposed! A goon behind him is also hit his chest explodes into the wall behind him! The round hits the wall penetrates and keeps going.

One goon near the other two now dead goons falls over from the shock. Though soon he'll be back on his feet.
 
You turn to run toward Eiki only to watch her suffer a torrent of .50 cal HMG fire (read her post for details)!
 
Passing her you dive past Leock. You crouch right in the door way to the storage room. You have good cover and will be out of vision if more goons enter. At the back of the storage room you notice a hole that Andrew has dived through.
 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)



(3 goon response roll) The goons continue with their original tactic though their numbers have thinned considerably. A second wave pours through the door! The leading ones open fire! Though at nothing in particular.

Three goons leave the group to pursue Andrew they open fire! (5 Andrew's response roll) Andrew dives behind a car and activates his augment. He paces slowly back from the car trying to put some distance between him and the car.

The car is shredded in the goon shotgun barrage a few slugs penetrate but don't hit Andrew. Andrew is not likely to be seen in the dark with his augment.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:10:53 am by WunderKatze »
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

  • Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Eiki, still smiling, seems rather unaffected by the blast. Actually, she starts giggling uncontrollably. Losing part of your brain kind of does that.

As the rounds fly past and tracers light the air, Eiki's garment begins to glow white. With [the remnants of her] arms dangling, her pristine viridian coat materializes, and she flicks [what's left of] her head forward to don her helmet.

In the process (PRIORITIZE THIS ACTION FIRST), Eiki punts one of her smoke shells into the air, biting it to set it off and form a safe space (that I can see through with thermal vision).

If anyone enters the cloud of smoke, she murders them by kicking.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:17:27 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Logged
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Useless little... well it distracts them I guess. Hopefully Andrew can get something done.

Quickly change the ammo belt and do short, controlled bursts to try to suppress the goons. Focus on the doors to force them back and away from firing.
Logged
Quote
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dustan Hache

  • Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Taking advantage of his stealthed status, he creeps up on the vehicle mounted HMG and tries to off the two quietly with his pistol. First the loader, then the gunner.
Logged
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MidnightJaguar

  • Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

I'll join.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Quote
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

I'll join.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)


Yay! Sten gun.

You'll enter shortly with inaluct.
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

  • Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Oh, forgot to ask, since I'm a changeling can I change my strength vs speed ratio when I change?
Logged
Quote
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh dang! Stay put in this cover and start taking out the second wave with the rifle.  Take shots to targets past the door if opportunity show itself.

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Oh, forgot to ask, since I'm a changeling can I change my strength vs speed ratio when I change?

Yeah. It's in the OP, the part you copied even.

I guess it's not there. lel

You can change your Strength-Speed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:24:56 pm by WunderKatze »
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 4: Make sure you all get to the bottom of this post! Two new guests have arrived!



Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

 (5) (I guess you just donít do bad rolls)(Your roll is third in terms of order) In the darkness you make your move. Crouch-running towards the side of the pickup truck facing away from the bar, you narrowly avoid the flickering beams of the nearby street lamps. Your three pursuers head towards the car that you were initially hiding behind.

Having reached a decent position you wait for the .50 cal HMG to spray fire into the bar.

BAUM BAUM-

You fire a sweeping burst across the loader and gunner. The loaders neck is hit! He tumbles off the back of the pickup truck, blood spurting from his throat as he makes a terrible gasping noise.

Then the gunner is hit. Once in the shoulder, once in the back of the neck, his head immediately droops into a position only made possible by his snapped spine that can no longer support his head. He slumps over dead!

One of the three goons searching for you yells! He turns and unleashes deadly automatic fire from his shotgun, his fellow goons chime in adding to the firepower; however, this is in vain for you have already moved.

You are crouched behind a heavy set of trash bins with you augment activated watching the goons fire hopelessly at what they presumed to be your previous position.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)



 
Leock Vols (HighEndNoob)

(4)(your luck has yet to end as well!) (Your roll is second in terms of order) During your short pause to reload more goons enter. They stumble on their fallen and brutalized comrades!

This strikes you as odd considering their losses. You wonder if they have been drugged.

You open fire! Catching them at the door way. Again your rounds drill through the leading goons and strike the goons following. However, during the brief pause between burst you see that instead of running in they just stick their guns through the door. They fire!

This time you donít escape unscratched! But you only are scratched! Splitters fly past you cutting your hand but inflicting no notable damage.

The bar table is shredded even further by the new barrage of fire. Youíre not even really sure if you can call it a table any more. To your surprise a goon has survived the allied onslaught from earlier! He arises from his position in the north east part of the room and fires! Or not! Heís out of ammo. (Read Sanctís roll to learn of this goons fate)

The goon scrambles to reload. Your barrel is glowing red youíll be able to fire a couple of more bursts before a barrel change. Your earlier 50 round burst sure put a strain on the current barrel. The goon is at an awkward position for you to fire at, you would need to point your barrel into the wooden remains of the bar table.

 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)



 
Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_)

(6 an overshoot, a reversal of luck!)(Your roll is first in order) You successfully put on your transformation show in the solitude of a cloud of smoke.

You kick up a smoke shell catching it in your mouth (Youíre fortunate that your cerebellum is intact!). Biting down, it breaks (you had to over activate your jaw a bit to bite through the hard casing). Smoke erupts into your mouth you cough, though you are successful in blowing it out of your lungs.

You are now slightly more towards the front of the bar off to the west side a fair amount in a cloud of regular smoke.

You spit the steel shell casing out of your mouth and begin to take in thermal information, though your vision isnít very detailed due to the wound to your frontal lobe. Itís enough to spot a goon who bumbles into the room. He falters, stumbling into your sacred newfound realm of smoke.

You lunch a deadly spin kick catching his chin with a deadly whirl of the back of your boot.

He tumbles back towards the entrance presumably dead.

Your attack may warrant more enemy fire!

 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)



 
Sanct Stone (Sanctume)

(3) (You're are the last roll in order) Leock opens fire! He stops the next wave dead in itís tracks with multiple bursts.

BAUM BAUM-


The .50 cal starts up again but is cut short! Andrew must have succeeded in taking it out!

You shift your focus to the goons now hiding behind the northern wall and firing in.

Suddenly a goon pops up from north east corner of the room! He threatens to shoot Leock!

Click. Click. Heís out of ammo. You give him a solid rail gun slug in the collar bone! He is propelled into the wall behind him shoulder first it makes a loud slam. He slumps.

Your shot made more than the small hole that your rail rifle usually makes. It seems the constant beating of the .50 cal HMG has significantly weakened the wall. You find that your shot left a sizable hole in the wall exposing a tripoded M2HB .50 cal in the back of a pickup truck with two slumped over bodies nearby.

It looks like things in this bar are coming to a wrap.
 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)



The janitors have arrived! Welcome Recenser Bonum (MidnightJaguar) and Anthony Brake (inaluct)


Recenser Bonum (MidnightJaguar)

(5) You approach the bar from the eastern side. You watch three guns shoot up the other side of the street. They seem flustered.

You never got the same invite to the bar that the others got, kind of figures considering that you were a bear for almost the entire last year. You managed to find out about it anyway and unsurprisingly things didnít go much different than you thought they would.

You draw up your Sten gun and burst. The three fall one after another onto the dark streets. One falls into the flickering beam of a street lamp a trickle of blood forms in the street.

You aim at the goons at the other side of the street though something stops you from firing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)


Anthony Brake (inaluct)

((I miss read your request for a list of toxins to have been exposed to. You can suggest a few more on top of the ones I said you had.))

(1 oh, the fortune!)The barís a mess, no surprise there.

You figured things would turn out like this so you decided to come a bit late. Good choice.

You walk up to the goons on the west outside of the bar. You reach into oneís pocket. You retrieve a small card.

A business card? It seems somebody is over-estimating their lifespan. This is a good clue. Before you can put it away the goon turns pointing his AA12 at you.

Your hands go up. You doubt heíll actual- BOOM. Your right arm flies off hitting the cold pavement behind you!

Ouch.

Spotting an old friend (that you canít say youíre too thrilled to see considering your history) you step to the right.

Well aimed 9mm automatic fire rakes the remaining goons. Leaving their corpses crumpled at your feet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The bar area falls silent! Victory!

It is time to repair your bodies, rearm and find a lead to follow!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:36:06 am by WunderKatze »
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16