Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25856 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal L.A. combat down to the last limbs! PvE [4/4]
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »

a reinforced bone structure in your arms that is well suited for digging, a tolerance for low oxygen environments and a powerful stomach acid able to extract nutrients from rocks and dirt

I like that combo, and my teeth!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal L.A. combat down to the last limbs! PvE [4/4]
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »

a reinforced bone structure in your arms that is well suited for digging, a tolerance for low oxygen environments and a powerful stomach acid able to extract nutrients from rocks and dirt

I like that combo, and my teeth!

Deal.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 1: ((Remember I'll be looking to add two more characters into the game in a few turns, post a sheet if you want in))

“HOORAY!” Gleeful drunken cries erupt from all over the bar. The clock has struck midnight, welcome to the year 3000.

You all sit apart in the smoggy tobacco air amongst the crowds of bumbling laymen. Even after a year you don’t feel like you want to talk to each other.

You all came here on the promise that the past could be taken away that you may be free to venture into the future. None of you were really convinced that you’d actually be freed from those memories you just came on the faint possibility.

The bar walls are an ugly olive drab dotted with random art. There are chairs and tables about guests sitting at them making loud conversation. The bar table is a large oak piece that ends before the wall at the south side of the room where there is a doorway to the back storage room. The entrance to the bar is at the north middle end of the room.

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

(3) You sit alone at a table situated at the rear of the room. No one comes to you, nor does any even give any looks of recognition.

Whoever it was that made you a promise hasn’t shown up. Your instincts expect an ambush, though you just sit and watch the chattering bar folk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob)

(2) You sit at the bar table near the south end of the room. By this time you’re sure you’ve been lied to. Whoever promised to do away with your past hasn’t shown up yet.

The guy next to you is giving you a roaring headache. The girl he’s talking to is not into him at all. Some people need to learn when to stop. You don’t think you’ll be able to focus enough to use your sensor augment with this loser around you.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_)

(2) A bar is sure an exciting place! You order a beer. Yuk it tastes terrible and you are not even capable of getting drunk. What a waste of money.

Whoever made that promise to you hasn’t shown up. You tap your fingers on the hard oak table. You are seated in the middle of the bar table surrounded by gleeful partiers.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume)

(5) You sit alone near the north west corner of the bar. The commotion is focused in the center rear of the bar leaving you with a good view of the party. Eiki ordered a beer for some reason. Not sure why she did that, she can’t even get drunk.

A guy in front of you is typing away at his phone. What’s this? Looks like he’s making an order of some kind. You watch him type in his bank number and security PIN.

Bank number +PIN memorized.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:34:26 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Eiki needed friends, but not this kind.

She sank low into her seat, munching on a candy bar in solitude.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a bar, but jerks like that make it hard to think properly.

"Hey verlierer! Shut your mouth for once! Others are trying to think."

Yell at the loser to quiet down, and move away from the center. Try to focus on my sensors.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Well, since nobody seems to notice me, I stand up and go looking around for something akin to a bathroom.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like what I'm seeing, so I stay put, cleaning my finger nails with a 12" spike instead of nibbling on it, also keeping an eye out on who comes and go.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks awesome!

I hope this is acceptable:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

This looks awesome!

I hope this is acceptable:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ah good! I was hoping someone is going to make use of the Venomous augment.

You have been exposed to a couple sedatives, some in gas form others as a liquid, classic poisons (cyanide, etc), a hemotoxin (breaks down blood cells), a neurotoxin (causes issues in neuron function can be used to paralyze or kill) and a proteolytic (causes localized damage by disrupting the molecular structure of the area of infection). More will be available as the game continues.

Your character will likely be added soon. I'll wait to add you to the OP until the time arrives.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:55:44 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 2: ((Remember I'll be looking to add two more characters into the game in a few turns, post a sheet if you want in))

Shortly after 12:00 the conversation quiets a bit. It seems the outburst at 12:00 took its toll on the bar folk, most now look like they could use a nap.
You hear a faint noise outside,

CLICK

CLICK

It’s the unmistakable sound of the double pull of a M2HB .50 cal HMG charging handle.

Fuck. That’s never good.

BAUM BAUM BAUM BAUM BAUM

The northern wall’s olive cover is shredded in the ensuing torrent of spalling concrete and .50 cal BMG firepower. Nearby guests are showered in fragments, their skin covered in shrapnel wounds.

A terrified guest turns towards the bar table before being hit, his gut explodes outward showering the bar floor with a spaghetti mess of entrails. His spine is served and he falls in half!

Another guest is hit in the head! The contents of his head are thrust across the floor adding a nice pink hue to the growing pools of blood and fragments.

One guest is hit in the arm! It slides across the room propelled by the imparted heavy caliber energy. In shock, the guest reaches out to retrieve his arm.

The door is kicked down! AA12 automatic shotgun wielding goons in black tuxedos enter the bar! They open fire!

The guest reaching for his arm is cut in two by the hurricane force of a mix of 12 gauge heavy slug and buckshot fire! His inners are plastered to nearby surfaces by the unholy storm of shotgun fire leaving nothing but a disembodied pair of legs lying across the floor.

The bar table shrinks, disintegrating into a hailstorm of splinters in the unfolding onslaught!

((I recommend reading each others rolls. Not everything that occurred is recorded in your individual rolls.))

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

(5) FUCK. You figured things would end up like this. Your causal walk to the bathroom turns into a dive into the back storage room of the bar.

You duck. HMG fire cuts throw the wall combing the storage area. Nearby guests waiting for a turn in the bathroom are mowed down.

Prone in a pool of blood and splinters you ready your shotgun. You’re pretty sure they didn’t see you.

Shortly your augment kicks in, you are nearly invisible but if you move or they come near you’ll be seen for sure.

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob)

(6 an overshoot!) Surprised by your sudden aggression the guest quiets down. For a moment he stares angrily at you. As he collects his thought you take the time to scan outside the building.You pinpoint a large metal object.

You hear the first ‘CLICK.’ You dive to the ground, avoiding a shower of .50 BMG bullets.

The loser guest is not quite as fast as you. His leg is shattered by a .50 cal round! He falls off the bar stool screaming in pain.

You lay behind the bar table having the entire length of the table shielding you, though you know it’s only a matter of time before you get hit in this position. You lay, MG bipoded, covering the door.

The goons pour in and open fire but you hold fire not alerting them to your position; however, this screaming moron threatens to draw attention to you!

You notice Andrew prone in the storage room.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_)

(6 an overshot! Stop rolling so high for fuck’s sake!)

Hearing the double pull of the M2HB charging handle you tumble off your stool. You land, crouching behind your heavy cylinder (which you angled very well with the hopes of deflection). Two .50 cal bullets glance your heavy cylinder but bounce off tumbling and clattering into the celling and southern wall.

The door swings open goons pour in and open fire! You fire back! Eat high explosives you mooks!

Wait.

Your cambered round was a force round. Well. Bye mooks!

The shock wave smacks a line of goons pouring in from the doorway killing the first two but only knocking down the third.

You fly backwards! OUCH! Your back pushes aside stools and chairs at the expense of your physical integrity. You manage not to black out however your spine is in poor condition.

You can fire your rocket launcher from a prone position or you can abandon it and make a leap for better cover. You don’t think you’ll be able to stand with the heavy weight of your launcher baring down on your back.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume)

(5. Well I guess no loss of player limbs this turn ;-;)

At the start of the .50 cal. onslaught you kick your table down forming a wall (a very thin one at best) between you and the door. You slide off your chair into a crouching position. You are in the very north west corner of the room you are not in threat of being immediately seen by any who enter.

The goons pour in! You raise your rail rifle. They spread out while firing. You are now positioned to take out a whole line of them with a single round but you hold your fire.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:35:39 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drat. I should learn to abuse these opportunities more. It would've been D-Day all over again. Well, better late then never.

Mow down the mooks with a burst of MG fire, to force most of them intro cover. After around 50 rounds, fire smaller, suppression bursts.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Oh no! My poor, helpless meatshields are dropping like flies! I need to do something to make them last longer!

First thing's first though: Preserve myself. Take a smoke rocket and shoot it with my laser at my feet ASAP.
"Deploying smoke!" shouts Eiki in a strident voice.
Eiki then puts on her helmet and brings her launcher to bear with a placid smile. Fire High Explosive across the room at the doorway.

(Don't transform yet.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:01:16 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Guys just note: The timing of your actions will be the order in which you post them, unless you specify otherwise.

You guys got lucky with your turn 2 rolls. I was expecting a more of a bloodbath.

Also Dustan can you provide me with a little more detail about the cambering (You can just say high/low caliber if you don't want to be too specific) and operation (is your shotgun pump, semi, automatic or select?) of your guns.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:42:09 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head shoot the nearest goon for a better hit instead of a "hail mary single bullet multi-hit" temptation; and assess the wall behind me if I can burrow through it as an escape / cover option; and if the guy infront of me is dead/injured, grab/pocket his phone too while convenient.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(Shotgun is high caliber pump action, while the pistol is low caliber but full auto.)
i wait for one of the goons to draw near, then grab and drag into the cover of the storage room, Using them as a meat shield. If neither I nor him get hit, I knock them out.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16