Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25852 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thanks, Rens. I can't say that I really expected to find you here. I wasn't sure if you'd still be around after all this time."

Go over to my severed arm, grab it, take a quick look at the business card, and see if I can reattach my arm. Also, grab an AA12 and sling it over my shoulder before walking towards the bar, attempting to announce my presence and intentions to those inside without exposing myself to gunfire. If I remember us having a common challenge and response in ANRiM, consider using it.

"It looks like there's an intact heavy machine gun down there, Rens. You might want to grab it before someone else does. That's more your style than mine."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

I check the bodies of the HMG gunners. They seem to be the leaders, so I might as well. Also, I attempt to "Unmount" the HMG with my blade, and take it as a sort of minigun.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's an M2 it's on a pintle. You can just pop a pin out and take it off.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That party was a bit on the wild west side, eh!

Check the storeroom for any booze, this effort is thirsty work, and of course, share.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Find some food, and then go into Regen mode and grow two more arms underneath my original pair, just keep them under my trend coat for now.

This brings me back to when I first got this augment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:25:41 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Eiki walks out of the smoke, smiling. She keeps kicking the dead goon's face until it loses shape, wondering why nothing feels... satisfying anymore.

She then stumbles off to [notice] grab her [destroyed] rocket launcher, [then shrugs and falls asleep somewhere near the back (booze) room to recover] turning to meet her new friends.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:22:45 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Eiki walks out of the smoke, smiling. She keeps kicking the dead goon's face until it loses shape, wondering why nothing feels... satisfying anymore.

She then stumbles off to grab her rocket launcher, turning to meet her new friends.

Grabbing your thoroughly exploded launcher dowsed in white phosphorus without functioning arms doesn't seem like a good idea. Your character is not THAT brain damaged right now.

You'll wanna consider Restoration Mode for which you might want to look for food lest you find yourself cannibalizing the bar room corpses.

To get your launcher back you'll need to find a shop with printing capabilities. You spotted one while travelling to the bar. It's called Ivory Arms. Weapons and printing! You'll need to secure some currency though to pay for it. The design for your launcher and ammo is stored on the web which you did so to encase of situations like these.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well that's that. Rather excited I do say."

Change the barrel on my MG42. Then sling it on my back and go to survey the pile of bodies for any leads.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 5:

The fight is finished, the M2HB is silenced and the goons dispatched!

The weary ambushies (the first four players) emerge from the smoky bar, navigating the bar floor overlaid with blood, casings, splinters and corpses. Smells like spent smokeless powder.

The totaled bar is one shop of a row of New York style store fronts. The second stories of these buildings each have a couple of street facing windows, they must be the living quarters of the people who run the shops.

Opposite the bar there is the back of another storefront and a chain-link fenced lot. It’s mostly empty with a collection of trash and trash bins in the far corner. Is that a body? It seems there is a body in the stuffed into a trash bin. That is really not that uncommon in L.A.

A few cars parked nearby have been totaled by the goons chasing Andrew earlier.

Nearby is Ivory Arms: weapons and printing!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

(6 of course. I mean you are Andrew fucking Merald after all)(order doesn’t matter this turn)You unscrew the bolt on the mounted M2HB and pull it off. In the back of the pickup truck you find two more bins of .50 cal BMG ammo and one spare heavy barrel (hence the HB in M2HB). This weapon doesn’t require a barrel change of now.

Prolonged fire will require a barrel change which despite your super human status will take some time. The heavy barrel of the M2 paired with its lower (compared to other MGs) rate of fire will make the barrel hard to overheat. The M2 doesn’t have a stock or pistol grip. You’ll need to secure a rifle strap to fire it effectively on the move. You reach down and plunk one of an nearby AA12. It’s a bit short but it’ll do. You secure it to the weapon.

Checking the bodies of the gunner and loader goon you find nothing of interest.

Wait. Something dons on you.

You stab your blade into the truck and wedge the driver door off its hinges, it crashes into the street below. A goon sits ducking in the passenger seat. He stabs you in the gut with a stiletto. It’s not every successful in penetrating your armor.

In one motion you grab him by the neck lifting him out of the car. He drops the knife, gasping and struggling against your powerful grip.

You lower him to the ground and deter him from running by pointing your blade at his neck.

Surprisingly he doesn’t seem afraid. He must be drugged. All the goons must have been drugged. It would explain why they would they didn’t route after taking heavy casualties.

“What?” He says in his thick east coast accent (Before you ask I know the real L.A. isn’t on the east coast. But what kind of urban goon doesn’t have an east coast accent?)

M2HB, barrel, two bins of ammo obtained!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob)

(3) You unlock the hatch of the quick change barrel system of your MG-42. The glowing barrel falls out landing on the floor below. You slide a new barrel in and reattach the bolt completing the barrel change.

You look through a number of the goons bodies. You find business cards in a few of them.

They read “Man-hunter: Hit and body guard services.” The business card also contains a business address and a phone number. One problem though, they’re all covered in blood and impossible to read clearly!

Still that seemed like an odd attack for a hit service. Those goons weren’t highly disciplined but rather abnormally brave. They must have been given a drug prior to the attack that is most surely not a usual tactic among hit services. Man-hunter must have had one hell of an offer to adopt such unusual tactics.

It’s not cheap to lose a bunch of men like this. If you could just secure the client data for this attack you might be able to figure out who ordered it.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_)

(2) After thrashing the dead goon with one of your two remaining functional limbs. You stroll into the back of the bar for some Restoration fun! You find a surplus of pretzels, like a shit ton of pretzels. Pretzels go well with beer I guess.

You enter Restoration mode. Your blood pressure increases. Your heart pounds shaking your entire body, then you lose normal consciousness.

You wake up a short time later. Looking around it seems you ate a shit ton of pretzels and you cannibalized one of the corpses in the back room chewing into is bones.

Health restored!

Sanct Stone (Sanctume)

(6) (You're are the last roll in order) Some of the back room’s reserve is in tack. Booze beyond your wildest dreams and it’s all free! You can’t get drunk but perhaps it doesn’t stop you from enjoying wines and beers.

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(1 eep!) You join Eiki in the storage room of the bar and you enter restoration mode. Your blood pressure sores and the beat of your heart shakes your body.

Arms emerge from your sides! Success! But it seems pretzels weren’t ideal for the creation of new limbs. Your body compensated by shifting around muscle and bone mass.

You transformation is a success but both sets of your arms are very weak! It looks like you’ll to re-enter Restoration mode.

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

((I miss read your request for a list of toxins to have been exposed to. You can suggest a few more on top of the ones I said you had.))

(6)You grab your arm an AA12 and a couple of drums from the dead goons. You walk to the bar, you don’t bother announcing your presence as the now silence of the M2HB is enough indication.

You look down at the business card. “Man-hunter: Hit and body guard services.” Interesting, you’d love to get hold of the client data for this job.You might get your wish the business has an address and phone number.

You'll need two secure two cars to make the trip to Man-Hunter HQ. Luckily hotwire and breaking into cars isn't something you are unfamiliar with. The goon truck without a driver-door is one car. Someone would have to ride in the back though.

You walk into the storage room and activate Restoration Mode. Your blood pressure shoots up. Your very heart beat shakes your body!

You regain consciousness. It seems you attached your arm and supplemented the damage with a load of pretzels.

I’m trying to post twice a day. Sorry for any errors in my writing I think I catch most of them.

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:35:44 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Dang, no dice. So much for that. I wonder if the Ivory accepts unlicensed selling."

Pick up as many clean AA12's+ammo as I can, and bring it over to the gun shop to sell.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"Aaaaall right," Eiki shouts. She continues chewing on a finger bone at the same time. Her cloak dematerializes, leaving bloodstains and scars all over. "To the victors go the spoils! I'm sure I helped a lot by drawing their fire..."

She waltzes over gracefully to grab a pair of shotguns off the first two men she killed, plus a few more (as many as she can carry). If Leock comes nearby, give him a mean look. "I mean, it's not like it's my fault or anything... I just wanted to help, that's all..."

Sell items, reprint rocket launcher if possible
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:49:25 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Walk over to a bunch of goon corpses and enter regeneration mode. Fix my arms and give the secondary pair bear claws. Then collect the AA12's and walk over to Ivory Arms to sell them.

((aside from the ethical and moral problems are there any downsides to canabalism versus normal food?))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:47:11 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(the one with a southern drawl.)
"Now why'd you have to go and scratch my armor? I was just going to talk with you like a gentleman about how you and your buddies just attacked us."
Bring him into the bar and sit him down where my table is/was. Start interrogating him semi-politely, since he's probably a Merc just like I was.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:28:43 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Walk over to a bunch of goon corpses and enter regeneration mode.

((aside from the ethical and moral problems are there any downsides to canabalism versus normal food?))

No. Not with your super bodies. You basically are going to be forced to cannibalize every time you use Restoration Mode to grow/regrow limbs. Unless you fight in a meat-shop, well stocked restaurant or a zoo there just won't be the kinds or quantity of nutrients needed to grow entire limbs.I suppose it's pretty tragic. I didn't mean to force everyone to imprint on their own race.

About your roll...

In hind sight I realize that all I made you do was take an extra turn to regenerate. I think in the future low rows on non-combat (or otherwise dangerous) turns will just restrict how much you do as opposed to how well you do at your action.

With a roll of 1 you won't be tearing doors off of pickup trucks like a badass. You'll just carry out the minimum possible interpretation of your action.Otherwise it just needlessly slows down the game.

In dangerous combat or high stake turns I'll belt the living fuck out of you for a low roll. All of the fuck will leave you. _DivideByZero_'s 1s were a small taste of what can happen.

Even then you have teammates and the possibility of good rolls next turn so who says a badass needs arms or a functioning frontal lobe?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:24:10 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use the Bank/Pin I have and transfer the funds for immediate use when we go to the weapon shop.  Replenish my rail ammo, and obtain 6x sticky C4 disks the size of hockey pucks for either placed/timed charges, or oh crap toss it to the baddies moments.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16