Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25885 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Guys, I want to keep the pace up during non-combat turns so you can load up on actions when there is no combat or high-stakes type stuff going on.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Guys, I want to keep the pace up during non-combat turns so you can load up on actions when there is no combat or high-stakes type stuff going on.
I would, but first I would need foresight, or some injuries.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

I would, but first I would need foresight, or some injuries.

Fair enough. Waiting on inaluct. I also updated his roll a little bit.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:50:37 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 6!!!!!: Time for a visit to Man-Hunter HQ. Need some cars though...

The totaled bar is one shop front of a row of New York style store fronts. The second stories of these buildings each have a couple of street facing windows, they must be the living quarters of the people who run the shops.

Opposite the bar there is the back of another storefront and a chain-link fenced lot. It’s mostly empty with a collection of trash and trash bins in the far corner. Is that a body? It seems there is a body in the stuffed into a trash bin. That is really not that uncommon in L.A.

A few cars parked nearby have been totaled by the goons chasing Andrew earlier.

Nearby is Ivory Arms: weapons and printing!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache) 

(6. I’m not even surprised anymore) “Oh.” The goon looks surprised. I guess he figured he’d be stabbed in the face about now.

“Of course. You know after today-“ He pauses as he navigates the pools of blood, broken skulls and the spilled brains and entrails of his comrades. “-I think I’m gonna quit my job with Man-Hunter.”

You lead him to a table with two chairs in the north western area of the bar which saw the least action. “It just doesn’t seem to agree with me. Ya know?” He produces a cigarette and lights it adding to the bar room’s smog. “I feel like all I got during my time at Man-Hunter’s is a bunch of regrets. You know what that’s like?”

“Anyways… I’ll tell you what I know about the job we got to hit you guys up. It’s not much, but I suppose it’s something.”

He proceeds to explain what he remembers. It seems that they this attack was planned about a week in advance. The AA-12s and a special drug were actually purchased for the operation by the client. Records about the client and transaction should exist at Man-Hunter’s HQ building in down town L.A.

You'll need an address and cars to pay this Man-Hunter company a visit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(6) You gather up around 5 of the finest condition AA-12s. You notice Eiki behind you gathering up AA-12s as well. You take the arms full of AA-12s to Ivory Arms across the street.

A friendly electronic ring goes off when you enter the store. “Hello, I figured you’d show up when I started to hear the gunshots. The winners always try to sell off the losers guns.”

The store walls are covered in weapons of all kinds; katanas, swords, axes, firearms ranging from 21st
 century to early 20th century. Behind the counter there is an array of weapons from the current era; a phased plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range, a few assorted rail rifles and a couple of laser rifles. There is also a K11 assault rifle (it has a built in bullpup 20mm grenade launcher!)

Weapons that you don't find you could ask to be printed. This is a lot more expensive though then purchasing an gun laying around in the shop.

You also notice a peculiar sign. It reads: “This shop is insured and maintained by Garrio Luvinski.”

The worker is a punkish looking man in his late twenties. He’s covered in tattoos, wears an armless black vest and has his hair up in a Mohawk. He seems pretty chill.

“Not a bad catch. AA-12s...” You hand them over the counter. He inspects the AA-12s, lifting them up, pulling back the charging handle and inspecting the chamber.

“Someone must have really wanted you dead,” He offers you a decent price for the weapons you sold him.

“Hey. I like the loadout buddy. You’re not the only nostalgic in this town. Here take these; they’re replicas that haven’t sold.” He hands you a Walther P38, a S84/98 III bayonet in a scabbar and some extra mags for the P38.

P38 and ammo obtained!

German WW2 bayonet obtained!

Money from weapon sales obtained!

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(5) You manage to find a couple more intact AA-12s. Most of the AA-12s have actually been destroyed in the fight, their polymer frames shattered by gun fire. You take them to the gun shop. “Hello.” The worker says as you enter. (Read Leocks post for details about the Ivory Arms store)

You meet Leock in the store and sell the AA-12s to the punk worker for a decent price. During the transaction you tell him about your misfortunes with your launcher.

He starts to break up laughing. “You had white phosphorus loaded? Poor girl Ha ha ha. Well, tell you what. You bring that old exploded tube by and I’ll restore it for you with the printer in the back. You’ll have to pay for the printed ammo replacements though.”

You make another trip bringing back the destroyed launcher. He disappears in the back for some times, later reemerging with a reprinted storage cylinder/rocket launcher and ammo.

Launcher rebuilt! Ammo restored! Extra money from weapon sale! 

Your suit is still damaged though. The projector still works.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(1) You walk over to the shop joining your Eiki and Leock. (Read Leock's post for details about the shop)

It seems the poor bastard you stole this bank number from wasn't much of a saver. You still manage to buy want you came for put the bank number is useless after your purchase. The C4 had to be printed but the ammo was bought normally.

Obtained six C4 disks! These must be set on a timer to be detonated as you have no remote to manually detonate them with.

Rail ammo restocked!

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(6) You reenter Restoration mode. Your body heats up! The beat of your heart shakes your very flesh!

You wake up. You cannibalized a single corpse to secure the materials need for your restoration/bear arms. You left it in a rather grisly (Ha ha bears get it?) condition with out a nose, cheeks or lips and with a missing forearm and some muscle torn off here and there.

Ahh that feels much better! You start to collect AA-12s. One problem... Leock and Eiki already cleaned them up!

No problem though, you gather up the spare drum mags and 12g ammo. Then you make the trip across the street. (Read Leocks roll for details about Ivory Arms)

The man at the counter looks very pleased to see your haul. He has all of these AA-12s with no extra AA-12 mags! You use this advantage to drive up the price. He doesn't seem to mind considering he just works here.

You also sell the mix of slug and buckshot 12g ammo you collected. You get a fair price for them. In a city like L.A. 12g ammo is always in demand!

You're loaded! Money obtained!

Status healed and bear claws gained!

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

((You took a while to respond! Or maybe I just update a lot! No worries though, I know what it is like to be busy/not stare attentively at Bay12 Fourms RtD section.

On non-combat turns you'll be allowed to retroactively take an action which I'll sub in and roll for. 

On combat turns/high-stakes turns I'll generally wait longer for responses. If you still do not respond your reflex type will be used to generate an action for you. This goes for all players.))

(5) You pull up the website. It's pretty crappy, you can tell that it was made by a intern with no design skills at all.

You navigate the tabs. Hit jobs? No. Body guard services? No...

Ah, here it is. Contact us! You tap on your phone opening the tab. Here's the address. You pull it up on a Map/GPS app.

All you need now is another car if you count the goon truck.

Time to pay Man-Hunter HQ a visit! You'll need to get some cars, it's a long walk.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:33:55 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, work and all that. Retroactive action:

Whip out my phone and do some research on Manhunter Inc.'s address and business. It's the year 3000, I'm sure they have a website. Everybody has a website in the year 3000.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"Hmmm," the magical girl hums to herself, staring in the mirror, posing with her weapons for a few minutes. "I think it's got more flavor this way."
She packs up the weapon, good as new, and strolls off, taking the time to first hug the storeowner.

She decides that some of the other superhumans from the bar would be worth talking to. Sanct Stone has been chosen.
"Heya! It looks like you and I have something in common. I'm an Ally of Justice! I use my special powers to kill bad guys! It's fun sometimes but I guess I feel like I could be doing something else most of the time. Something more meaningful. You know I've always wanted to fight a corrupt dictatorship! Regular bad guys are too easy most of the time, and killing them gets pretty boring after a while. Hey! Do you know anyone who does bounty contracts? I think that might be a good way to make a little more cash. Oh, and we could work together! Like a team!"

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Andrew would nod at the former man-hunter."I don't blame you. The jobs a mess and the pay is never enough, among other things.

He then listens carefully to what they have to say about the whole job before chiming in."Sounds like they hate my guts, along with whoever else survived. I'll have to go have a chat with your bosses and hope for some info as to why. Man, I wish I had a business card or something..
Well, regardless of all that, How about we take this .50 cal sucker and trade 'er in for a quick bonus? I'll split it, fifty-fifty with ya, so that you got something to run off of till you find a slightly safer job."

Go to the printer store and trade in the M2 and it's attachments for some cash, and split it with the former man-hunter before buying another clip of ammo. Then it's off to find a car rental and a computer terminal for some research, unless someone shares an address or something.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

If/when you ask to use a phone one will suddenly appear in your loadout. If never do it'll be assumed that you don't have one.

You can be specific about what kind of phone/networking device you have or I'll take the liberty to decide.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:38:28 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(What part of L.A. are we in now?  West side, Southbay, East L.A., Long Beach, Old Pasadena?)

"We got no ride.  Where we gonna find a couple of nice Suburban?  Maybe one of those fancy Limo-Bus.  And who's going to drive?  I got not patience for L.A. traffic.

"Hey girl (Eiki), I hear ya on finding positive cash flow.  I've done plenty of contracts on the Diamond District in downtown.  There's plenty of contract in between friction of *De Beers Monopoly* vs *Brilliant Earth Labs*.  Someone's always cheating somebody else, and we can be there to retrieve the goods, in and out, without killing.  We get percent of the returned goods, which I roll over to futures stocks for passive income.  Or we can choose cash redemption.  A win-win, and we're heading down town."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"We got no ride.  Where we gonna find a couple of nice Suburban?  Maybe one of those fancy Limo-Bus.  And who's going to drive?  I got not patience for L.A. traffic.

"Hey girl (Eiki), I hear ya on finding positive cash flow.  I've done plenty of contracts on the Diamond District in downtown.  There's plenty of contract in between friction of *De Beers Monopoly* vs *Brilliant Earth Labs*.  Someone's always cheating somebody else, and we can be there to retrieve the goods, in and out, without killing.  We get percent of the returned goods, which I roll over to futures stocks for passive income.  Or we can choose cash redemption.  A win-win, and we're heading down town."

Eiki didn't listen to most of what Sanct said.
"I think someone would be willing to give us a ride for the sake of our righteous cause.

I mean, we... ARE d-doing something good, right?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Ahh, now this is more like it you can properly maul somebody with claws. Hmm, not much else to do but scavenge and maybe grow some wings.

Wander over to the body stuffed into the trash and rifle through the corpses pockets. If I don't find anything valuable renter regen mode and grow some wings on my back.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

(What part of L.A. are we in now?  West side, Southbay, East L.A., Long Beach, Old Pasadena?)

You are in a fictional city called Lost Angel that closely coincides with Los Angeles. Your around mid city L.A. though in this L.A. things are just a lot more dangerous altogether.

There is no De Beers, but you do know a very similar company called Deer Beers, there also isn't a Brilliant Earth but rather Wonderful Planet Jewelry.

They do have a lot of friction and the Diamond District does exist and lucky for you it hasn't be appropriated by the Lost Angels government. It just has a large privately funded security force that maintains it as sort of a capitalist paradise.

The Diamond District security is a lot better equipped than the goons and unlike the Man-Hunter hit squad they will try to escalate the fight by pulling in reinforcements and bigger guns. If you fight with them don't let them cut you off.

You might want to get a flamboyant pink/white suit, practice your strut and hide your big guns if you go down there.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:43:35 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Ahh, now this is more like it you can properly maul somebody with claws. Hmm, not much else to do but scavenge and maybe grow some wings.

Wander over to the body stuffed into the trash and rifle through the corpses pockets. If I don't find anything valuable renter regen mode and grow some wings on my back.

Any kind of wings that would allow you to straight up fly would be impossible to hide in a trench coat. A four wing configuration would allow you to fly with less of a wingspan but it would be still impossible to hide.

With even smaller wings (a single pair configuration) you could glide but would not provide the force to get yourself airborne. They would be pretty big but you could hide them in a trench coat.

You'll need quite the feast for any size wings. Good thing there are plenty of corpses.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:52:29 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

How strange will people find a pair of wings growing out of someone's back? Will they shoot on sight or just find it odd?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

How strange will people find a pair of wings growing out of someone's back? Will they shoot on sight or just find it odd?

Depends where you are.

In rich protected areas people might find it annoying and try to have security remove you (not initially by force). Unless you dress up and clean yourself up, if you do that people will probably just think you're a rich playboy.

In unprotected areas without private security forces their isn't much people can do about it unless they want to fight you (which if you have big wings they are not likely to even try). You might get looks but with surgical augments it's not impossible to have so most people will assume that you paid to get them.

Overall in terms of L.A. social culture it means a few things: you have/had the money to pay for an expensive augment surgery, you would be considered abrasive for getting such a big and obvious augment and you'll probably not be someone that is worth getting in a fight with (unless the other guy also has some awesome augments); big wings are pretty intimidating.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16