Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25858 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Sounds perfect. Lets go with the single pair of big wings.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:21:51 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, how about the goon's truck?  Maybe we can trade that for something more comfortable ride to downtown.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If anyone hasn't seen it yet, here's where we're going."

Use the magic of technology to share this website with everybody, and then go smash a car window and attempt to hotwire the car.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh thanks! Always nice to find some quality replicas."

Restock on ammo and barrels. Then follow Ekki around for a potential ride, while being agreeable.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 7:

((I realize that players will likely run out of actions to preform during non-combat turns so it is OK to take an action like "Follows others around and be cooperative." Also next non-combat phase I'll try to push things along better while still giving players the options they would normally have.))

Also read the second to bottom division of this post for an overview of the situation.

The totaled bar is one shop front of a row of New York style store fronts. The second stories of these buildings each have a couple of street facing windows, they must be the living quarters of the people who run the shops.

Opposite the bar there is the back of another storefront and a chain-link fenced lot. It’s mostly empty with a collection of trash and trash bins in the far corner. Is that a body? It seems there is a body in the stuffed into a trash bin. That is really not that uncommon in L.A.

A few cars parked nearby have been totaled by the goons chasing Andrew earlier.

Nearby is Ivory Arms: weapons and printing!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache) 

(1, Ah ha! There it is, your first shitty roll. Too bad it's not during combat.) You walk across the street with your fellow merc friend. "Yeah, I think I'm going to settle down. My brother runs a small café called the Beatstreet Turbine I'm sure he'll let me work as a sweeper or something."

You enter Ivory Arms with the goon. The worker takes a look at your haul. "A M2HB?" He doesn't seem to excited about it, that's when you notice one of the shops walls is entirely decked out with M2HBs and M2HB accessories!

Ah well. 

You sell it at all at a reduced price and split the proceeds with the ex-goon. It's enough to feed a man for a couple of days you feel confident that Mr. Ex-goon will be ok. "Oh yeah. I won't need this anymore" He hands you the keys to the goon truck.

You buy ammo to replace what you spent leaving you with a little (maybe enough for an old pistol) money left.

The ex-goon waves goodbye to which you wave back. You watch as he disappears in the night.

You join your fellow teammates around the cars, you decide to drive the goon truck. Leock joins you in the passenger seat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(4) You purchase extra MG barrels and some extra belts of ammo. Before hopping in the goon truck with Andrew. 

You are on the passenger side. The driver side doesn't have a door.

Ah well.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

You did not post another action but you seemed to have finished what you wanted to do during this non-combat phase. So you cooperatively follow the others around.

You jump into the old 2016 Suburban that Anthony hot-wired. It's a bit of a squeeze with your rocket launcher/storage cylinder but you make it work at the expense of Recenser who sits next to you.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(6) You join Anthony, Eiki and Recenser in the suburban!

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(4)You find nothing of interest on the body on in the trash. You had to hop a fence to get to it. Wait. Another body... They look kind of alike. Are they brothers? That's just weird.

You enter the damaged bar again take off your shirt/coat and reenter Restoration mode. Your body heats up! The beat of your heart shakes your very flesh! After a short Restoration episode you come to. It seems during it you ate into many of the corpses, leaving a number of exposed rib cages and even one broken rib cage, it seems you ate someone's heart. You have a pair of large white feathered wings! Success. You tear a hole in your shirts and coats to allow your wings to slip through, though you don't do the same for your other arms.

You see everyone else congregating around car's so you join them. You get in the 2016 Suburban driven by Anthony. You wings barely fit but they do. You sit next to Eiki with her huge heavy steel rocket launcher.

Things are cramped but you'll survive.

You hope you survive.

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(1)You find an old shitty 2016 Chevy Suburban a little ways up the road. You break the driver side window (no car alarm surprisingly) unlock the car and get to work hotwiring. It's somewhat difficult considering all of the different wires but it's possible after you go ripping up the interior to expose all of the needed circuitry.

You sit on spilled popcorn on the driver sit. Shit that sucks.

There, all done. One functional 2016 Chevy Suburban. All those security features are just a waste on someone like you.

You sit in the driver seat ready to drive!

All you have to do is drive to Man-Hunter HQ to retrieve the client data!

Andrew + Leock are in the goon truck without a driver side door. Andrew is the driver.

Eiki, Recenser, Sanct and Anthony are in the newly stolen Suburban. Anthony is the driver.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:55:12 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Tomorrow I'll write up turn 8: arrival at Man-Hunter HQ. For now you can dialogue if you feel nessary. No other actions required!
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ya guys don't mind, I check for news on the radio."  Fiddle with radio station for National Public Radio.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, god, please no. Not NPR. I can't stand that weird nasally way they talk. Let's listen to Right Wing Ultranationalist Radio instead," I say, drifting to the right of the lane to avoid a human baby sized insect crawling on the road.

"You know, it's pretty amazing that this thing still runs over 900 years after its model year. The metallic grinding sound coming from the engine isn't even that loud."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:11:23 am by inaluct »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fine, no NPR.  How about the local sport channel.  I wonder if the L. A. Raiders are back."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eliki move over I just grew these wings and your going to break them."

Open the window on my side.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Oh, god, please no. Not NPR. I can't stand that weird nasally way they talk. Let's listen to Right Wing Ultranationalist Radio instead," I say, drifting to the right of the lane to avoid a human baby sized insect crawling on the road.

A human baby sized insect? That's weird even for Lost Angels City! People keep the strangest pets these days.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

I'll posting sometime in the next two days. Today I had a bit of a party and tomorrow is my longest school day.

I'm loaded up with ideas so be prepared!

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A human baby sized insect? That's weird even for Lost Angels City! People keep the strangest pets these days.
I know, I hope they find it alright. Poor insect. Some should put a lost pet sighted ad up on... gregslist? I don't fucking know what the kids are using these days for their sketchy internet classifieds ads.

Stealthily toggle the rear window lock on without saying anything. Watch what happens in the back seat through the rear view mirror. Keep a straight face.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Eliki move over I just grew these wings and your going to break them."

Open the window on my side.

(2)You try to open the rear window. It won't open.

Fucking hell. This car must be just too old! Your wings cramp!

Or maybe...

Nah, why would he do that? I mean he must understand that wings don't come cheap.

Status changed!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:21:25 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recenser scowls at the multi centennial car. Before saying in a rather annoyed tone.Hey guys, I have idea, next time we steal a car how about we get one actually manufactered some time in the last 200 years or so. Because, this jalopie's windows won't open and my wings are cramping up.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16