Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25864 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Why is Eiki on your lap? What the fuck are you doing tearing shit up back there, man?! This is a fucking classic car! Sanct, take the wheel!" Take my hands off the wheel and pivot around on my foot that's pressed into the gas pedal, stretch back to grab Eiki's ankle before (or as) she goes out the window.
Shove her out of the way including through the window or the holes if necessary.

((This should be interesting.))

Chaos ensues! Everyone is reaching over each and trying to... do something I'm not really sure.

(4) But it's good chaos apparently and things more or less go back to normal.

Anthony resumes driving, taking the wheel back from Sanct just in time to serve away from a bunch of lousy punks blocking the road.

Wait

They're on the side walk! I guess that means your driving on the side walk! You correct.

((Guys turn 8 incoming! Fun filler is always good! I enjoyed it more than inaluct which is probably saying something!))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:00:19 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 8: Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 3 hours. It is around 3 am.

After a noisy, painful but highly amusing (to one of you) car ride you almost reach Man-Hunter HQ

The two cars speed downtown towards Man-Hunter HQ, Anthony's 2016 Chevy leads the way. The front two seats are actually relatively comfortable the spilled trash adds a nice layer of cushion between you and uncomfortably worn down seats. The goon truck is a bit more comfortable in terms of seating but the wedged-off door allows the cold night air to blast into the passenger compartment.

Almost there!

It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. The front gate is open which makes sense because it is visited by potential clients; however there seems to be some strange metal str-

That's a spike strip! And the Chevy ran right over it!

Were they expecting you? Even so why this kind of treatment?! Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The goon truck driven by Andrew swerves avoiding the spike strip; however, it does not enter the Man-Hunter compound with the Chevy. Instead it pulls around the compound.

The Chevy is caught! The heavy metal doors of the compound start to close behind you (Eiki, Anthony, Sanct and Recenser) Anthony switches to reverse and stomps on the gas! No luck the car doesn't not respond in a controllable manner with it's tires spiked! An alarm sounds! It seems they expected you yet had no idea when you would come! The Man-Hunter security team must be deploying now!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these. To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car.

Anthony parks nicely in a parking spot the best he can while the rest of you tumble out of the Chevy guns at the ready crouched low.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Fuck there's no cover whatsoever.

Out of the southwest corner you see Man-Hunter security troops, they wear black and are fully armored (21st century tactical gear)!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache) 

(5) You park outside the compound. You'll need to either get in and help your teammates or cut to the chase and enter the Man-Hunter HQ office building to go after the client data.

You park the car near by on the outside of the eastern wall. It doesn't seem like there is any other entrance on this side. Still with by over-activating your muscles and using your blade you feel confident you can get over the towering eastern wall.

You exit the car crouching low in a series of bushes.

You see a trench coated figure wearing sun glasses staring at you.

How does he know where you are? You feel nervous about this guy. A normal guy would not have seen you. You try to get a better look at this guy, he seems to have normal infrared heat patterns. Augments maybe? One thing is clear you won't be able to hide easily from this guy.

He continues to just stare. He has no weapons in hand but you don't know what is under that coat of his.

He kind of looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(3) You tumble out of the truck. You fail to enter stealth but outside of the compound there doesn't seem to be any impending danger.

You notice a trench coated man with sunglasses. (read Andrew's roll for details).

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(4) You open fire as soon as you see the Man-Hunter security force deploy from the south west corner. 

The rocket wizzes forth hitting a guard head on on the head. His upper body explodes back wards. Two guards behind the one you hit are covered in entrails, muscle tissue and blood. One of them is cut into by bone and missile fragments but he survives.

The others go to ground and respond with relatively inaccurate fire. You don't want to wait for them to find their aim though!

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(3) You assemble your hard steel shovel and attempt to dig in. You do not make much progress quickly. You'll have to try a bit harder.

The response fire from the goons was a little too close for comfort.

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(2!) Finally your wings aren't so cramped they spread out a bit.

THWAP THWAP THWAP. Shit you aren't used to having wings!

Three 7.62mm rounds pierce your wings ripping some tendons. Flight will be risky right now, your body starts shifting over muscle mass to heal the tore tendons.

Status changed!

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(1 you always seem to make an entrance. Never a good one apparently.)You exit the car after parking.

You turn to look at Recenser, you see his nice white feathered wings spread out...

THWAP THWAP THWAP! They are hit. You are standing right behind him one of the rounds enters your leg shattering your kneecap!

These guys won't be as easy as the goon hit squad.

Situation will govern how your rolls affect combat.

Allied suppressing fire (sniper, mg, rockets, etc), good cover, etc will better the situation weakening the results of a low roll (3-1). Enemy suppressing fire will weaken the situation.

Situation is specific to each player and it basically has to do with how many people see you, how many are shooting at you, what kind of weapons and what kind of firepower are you forcing your enemies to contend with.

If it doesn’t make to much sense then fight how you feel you should and you'll probably be doing it right, it's suppose to be pretty intuitive.

Enemy specials will get reaction rolls turning your roll, enemy normals will get a collective response roll at the end or beginning of the turn which governs how they adapt stratigically and what kind of reinforcements they pull in.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:03:52 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

If this guy can see us, no sense in hiding. I personally come out of cover, keeping a respectable distance from them before greeting.
"Ey, mind if I head in and chat about some things, or do we have to talk out here?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Gaah, I just get out of the worst car ride of my life and now my poor wings get shot. This is going to be one of those days isn't it.
Launch a grenade at the cluster of goons, and then start burst firing at the goons with the M16. Also, pull my wings further towards my body to protect them a little more.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:13:13 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why didn't the other vehicle have any travel complications?! I don't see what makes them so special!

Immediately activate my Venomous augmentation, preparing myself to blow a cloud of nerve gas at any enemies that get close. Roll into the prone and start picking security off with my rifle. If I have time, tie my brush axe to my injured leg as a crude splint.

I'm hoping that the neurotoxin I have is some kind of organophosphate nerve agent. Give me a heads up if it's not.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"Hmm, should I smoke there, or smoke here. What about smoke everywhere...?"

Fire smoke at the ground, white phosphorous at the enemy. Cancel second action if the first one is complicated by enemy fire, and just hide behind the nearest teammate instead.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ow... better then what the others got at least."

Try to find any decent hiding spot in range of the big group of enemies. Be cautious of the trench-coat guy.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Try to find any decent hiding spot in range of the big group of enemies.

You would need to get past the eastern wall. It's two people high and has barbed wire! By over-activating your muscles you could jump up there. Maybe you could cut the wire with your knife.

This trench coat guy is quite menacing!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:01:39 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Gaah, I just get out of the worst car ride of my life and now my poor wings get shot. This is going to be one of those days isn't it.
Launch a grenade at the cluster of goons, and then start burst firing at the goons with the M16. Also, pull my wings further towards my body to protect them a little more.

Do you mean on three round burst mode or like long automatic bursts?

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Three round.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What kind of a parking lot is this?  Sense its slope to where water drains when L.A. drought was not a big deal.  No concrete dirt box landscaping?  Dig for cover, harder, faster, and be in position to shoot targets, especially anything peeking out of those windows.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This entire thing is monumentally suspicious. If we survive this, we totally need a group huddle so I can rant conspiratorially about what's really going on here, because the puzzle pieces are all starting to fall into place. That, or the paranoid delusions.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 9: Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 3 hours. It is around 3 am.

After a noisy, painful but highly amusing (to one of you) car ride you almost reach Man-Hunter HQ

The two cars speed downtown towards Man-Hunter HQ, Anthony's 2016 Chevy leads the way. The front two seats are actually relatively comfortable the spilled trash adds a nice layer of cushion between you and uncomfortably worn down seats. The goon truck is a bit more comfortable in terms of seating but the wedged-off door allows the cold night air to blast into the passenger compartment.

Almost there!

It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. The front gate is open which makes sense because it is visited by potential clients; however there seems to be some strange metal str-

That's a spike strip! And the Chevy ran right over it!

Were they expecting you? Even so why this kind of treatment?! Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The goon truck driven by Andrew swerves avoiding the spike strip; however, it does not enter the Man-Hunter compound with the Chevy. Instead it pulls around the compound.

The Chevy is caught! The heavy metal doors of the compound start to close behind you (Eiki, Anthony, Sanct and Recenser) Anthony switches to reverse and stomps on the gas! No luck the car doesn't not respond in a controllable manner with it's tires spiked! An alarm sounds! It seems they expected you yet had no idea when you would come! The Man-Hunter security team must be deploying now!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these.

To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car. Anthony parks nicely in a parking spot the best he can while the rest of you tumble out of the Chevy guns at the ready crouched low.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Fuck there's no cover whatsoever.

Out of the southwest corner you see Man-Hunter security troops, they have black fully armored (21st century tactical gear)!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache) 

"There will be no chatting!" The man replies in a perfect Arnold Schwarzenegger voice!

(2 He rolls! You gave him the initiative!) He draws a lever action shotgun from his coat and opens fire. You dodge it easily with a nicely executed combat roll.

(2) You draw up your shotgun and fire the round hits him in the side of the stomach! To your surprise he seems completely unphased! 

His wound doesn't have the thermal pattern that you would expect. Is he not human?

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(5) You witness Andrew take fire from the trench coated man! You take cover behind the goon truck. It's not bulletproof cover but it might deflect some of those buckshot pellets the trench coat man is firing.

You set up your bipod across the hood of the truck and duck low, exposing yourself as little as possible. You're not actually sure if the trench coat man is actively aware of you...

You're ready to fire.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(3) You fire smoke at your feet. Good finally some decent cover.

You hear a sudden volley of gun fire! It seems the enemy responded to your smoke by concentrating fire on the smoke! You take a few glancing hits but your big launcher deflects the would-be fatal hits.

Your bleeding! But no actual status change so all it does is make you look badass!

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(3) You dig harder. Finally some good progress. You work your arms hard under fire, breaking up the tenacious concrete. You successfully dig in; however, it took you longer than you expected so you fail to return fire during this time. You dug a single person foxhole which you take cover in.

You catch a quick glance at the HQ building all of the window's are dark, even with your vision capabilities it seems empty. At least for now.

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(6) You whip out your M16 w/ grenade launcher. You fire a grenade at the advancing security troopers. It explodes right in front of two of them! One's leg is blown off! He falls to the ground! The other slumps a bit. He's not dead but the shrapnel has incapacitated him!

BRUUUURAM BRUUURAM! BRUUURAM

You sweep the oncoming troopers with three round burst M16 fire. Three fall in a first series of bursts, two fall in a second! The rest make it to ground and spit out inaccurate return fire.

Excited, your wings spread a little bit!

THWACK they take another 7.62mm round! You won't be making that mistake again. You still will be able to heal it without Restoration Mode though. As long as you don't take bone damage or any of your wing muscles sever.

Your exerting pressure! Firepower like this will keep the situation favorable!

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(3) (good move! Addressing damage in ways like that will help you survive bad luck!) Ugh your close proximity to the car plus your shattered knee keeps you from rolling into prone and pulling up your rifle.

Rounds crash against the old Chevy but thanks to Recensers awesome M16 salvo they aren't accurately aimed enough to pick you off. Still with the rounds smacking near you you don't have the focus to activate your augment.

You tie your axe to your knee like a splint while under inaccurate fire. This will hopefully prepare you for action!

That foxhole Sanct managed to dig into the concrete looks mighty fine. If only it was a little bit bigger.

Something about that other car in the parking lot is bugging you. It's tires haven't been popped.

(5 Enemy normal reaction roll!) The enemies respond soundly to their loses inflicted by Recenser's M16. The troops that are still alive go to ground continuing to spread out threatening you with a widening front of fire.

An armored Humvee pulls out behind the inner wall! It mounts a belted 20mm grenade launcher manned by a trooper! It opens fire! This threatens to turn the situation against you!

Two troopers use the inner wall as cover. They might attempt to set up a suppressing base of fire for their allies with their automatic 7.62mm assault rifles!

Two other Man-Hunter security specials deployed! (You don't get to know what they are until they are seen)

These guys won't be as easy as the goon hit squad.

Situation will govern how your rolls affect combat.

Allied suppressing fire (sniper, mg, rockets, etc), good cover, etc will better the situation weakening the results of a low roll (3-1). Enemy suppressing fire will weaken the situation.

Situation is specific to each player and it basically has to do with how many people see you, how many are shooting at you, what kind of weapons and what kind of firepower you are you forcing your enemies to contend with. Flanking is a great way to secure the situation in fact a good flanking move can end an engagement.

If it doesn’t make to much sense then fight how you feel you should and you'll probably be doing it right, it's suppose to be pretty intuitive.

Enemy specials will get reaction rolls turning your roll, enemy normals will get a collective response roll at the end or beginning of the turn which governs how they adapt strategically and what kind of reinforcements they pull in.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:04:27 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"You could at least be polite about it then!"
zigzag up to him and then blow his goddamn head off point blank, if my buddy doesn't do it first.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If that other car's still relatively intact, it's gotta be stealth uparmored. This could be our ticket out of here. I could run for it with Recenser's suppressing fire, but it'd be suicidal with that automatic grenade launcher rolling up.

Heft my scoped rifle and take a single carefully aimed shot at the head of the gunner in the uparmored HMMWV turret.

How far away is the car? Have any rounds hit the Chevy's engine block?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16