Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 26251 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Well, I don't have any kind of conventional weapons that can take out an uparmored HMMWV, so I guess I just start screaming about it.

"EIKI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! SHOOT A ROCKET AT THE HUMVEE!!"

Oh wait, the laser pistol. Draw my laser pistol and use the Chevy as cover to fire the laser into the face of the person driving the HMMWV. If I have time, go back to my rifle and try to take out the rooftop sniper.

"You can just like, not stand in the line of fire or something. Duh."

Briefly consider firing HE at the humvee instead of the sniper, if I can take smoke cover.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 10: Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 3 hours. It is around 3 am.

After a noisy, painful but highly amusing (to one of you) car ride you almost reach Man-Hunter HQ

The two cars speed downtown towards Man-Hunter HQ, Anthony's 2016 Chevy leads the way. The front two seats are actually relatively comfortable the spilled trash adds a nice layer of cushion between you and uncomfortably worn down seats. The goon truck is a bit more comfortable in terms of seating but the wedged-off door allows the cold night air to blast into the passenger compartment.

Almost there!

It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. The front gate is open which makes sense because it is visited by potential clients; however there seems to be some strange metal str-

That's a spike strip! And the Chevy ran right over it!

Were they expecting you? Even so why this kind of treatment?! Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The goon truck driven by Andrew swerves avoiding the spike strip; however, it does not enter the Man-Hunter compound with the Chevy. Instead it pulls around the compound.

The Chevy is caught! The heavy metal doors of the compound start to close behind you (Eiki, Anthony, Sanct and Recenser) Anthony switches to reverse and stomps on the gas! No luck the car doesn't not respond in a controllable manner with it's tires spiked! An alarm sounds! It seems they expected you yet had no idea when you would come! The Man-Hunter security team must be deploying now!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these.

To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car. Anthony parks nicely in a parking spot the best he can while the rest of you tumble out of the Chevy guns at the ready crouched low.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Fuck there's no cover whatsoever.

Out of the southwest corner you see Man-Hunter security troops, they have black fully armored (21st century tactical gear)!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache) (Your roll is second to Leock)

(1)(Your roll is AFTER Leocks, you better thank the Leock for that!) The stirring of your guts by the terminator's arm takes you off guard you fail to respond. Leocks sudden burst of 45 cal rounds allows you to slip out of the terminators grasp. It cocks it's hand back turns itself tearing a bigger hole in your stomach wall and armor.

Status changed! This tear through your abdominal muscles might hinder you in intense close quarters combat but it won't completely stop you!

(3) The terminator fails to seize the initiative! He grabs out his shotgun and fires a round at you. You duck to dodge it.

This terminator can sure take a hit but it is clearly a lot slower than you!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(5) Ugh. You decide against clearing the jam for a time on target attack! Your Thompson slides down on it's sling from your back right into your hands, you quickly strafe to the left leaving your MG-42 to open up a better shot.

(4 terminator's reaction/damage roll) You batter the arm of the terminator with .45 cal rounds carefully avoiding friendly fire. It doesn't seem to much besides tear up the outer fleshly layer of the terminator's arm. This will surely assist Andrew's attempt to free himself.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(6! Your rampage doesn't end here!) You consider targets... Why not both! You suddenly load a HE round, a force round and another HE round in that order.

You swing your heavy steel launcher towards the Humvee! You fire! (6 damage roll) The rocket pierces the window and explodes! The stored 20mm grenade ammo explodes! The gunner is turned to a meaty spew in a red and orange geyser that blows from the open hatch!

The whole Humvee's frame puffs out slightly and the doors swing open. It burns with black smoke. Damn they must keep that thing stocked with ammo!

You fire a Force round, you fly up high on route to the sniper team, you fire another HE round! BOOM direct hit! The sniper team limbs and some spalled concrete from the building are blown out into the parking lot area.

You land. 

OUCH. You legs break on impact. You sit in a15mm crater creator with minced trooper flesh and armor scraps scatted radially around you. This damage you can heal just by entering Restoration Mode you will not need any extra food.

Status changed! Ammo updated (finally)!

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(1 You can't really fail restoration mode, plus you're in a trench. You'll be fine considering Eiki went full ham) You're heart beat shakes your fleshly coils! You heat like a furnace!

You come to later. You spit dirt and rocks out of your mouth. It worked. But a grown man shoving dirt into his mouth isn't a pretty sight.

Status healed!

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

((You took a while to respond! Or maybe I just update a lot! No worries though, I know what it is like to be busy/not stare attentively at Bay12 Fourms RtD section.

On non-combat turns you'll be allowed to retroactively take an action which I'll sub in and roll for. 

On combat turns/high-stakes turns I'll generally wait longer for responses. If you still do not respond your reflex type will be used to generate an action for you. This goes for all players.))

(3 reflex type: aggressive)(You go last out of the players in the compound!) Eiki goes ham!(read post for details) You follow up squat-walking towards the burning wreck of a Humvee M16 pointed forward.

The smoke of the Humvee wreck makes it impossible to see into the corridor created by the western wall and inner wall, so you stop and downsight the end of the corridor ready to catch anyone who dares to run out.

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(6)(Your action is second among those in the compound) You pull out your laser pistol just in time to watch the fireworks! (Read Eiki's roll for details) You stand up on your axe-splint leg. It's sort of difficult but in a matter of a few steps you're an expert at it!

You take the time to check out the only other car in the lot (courtesy of your diplomatic reflex type). You peer into the passenger/driver compartment. Wait. You see a pile of documents in the passenger seat. They are titled: T-850 Terminator there's also a recite for the purchase of a bunch of AA-12s and a combat drug the date is about a week ago. Strange...

The staff parking lot is on the other side of the entire compound behind the entire HQ office. Who's car is this? There seems to be one looming possibility. It would explain why Man-Hunter is still attacking you.

(3) The remaining troopers (a lone HMG squad caught in a corridor) surrender. They walk leaving their weapons behind with there arms up yelling "Don't shoot! We surrender!"

The Terminator does not surrender; however, leaving Andrew and Leock with a fight on their hands.

Situation will govern how your rolls affect combat.

Allied suppressing fire (sniper, mg, rockets, etc), good cover, etc will better the situation weakening the results of a low roll (3-1). Enemy suppressing fire will weaken the situation.

Situation is specific to each player and it basically has to do with how many people see you, how many are shooting at you, what kind of weapons and what kind of firepower you are you forcing your enemies to contend with.

If it doesn’t make to much sense then fight how you feel you should and you'll probably be doing it right, it's suppose to be pretty intuitive.

Enemy specials will get reaction rolls turning your roll, enemy normals will get a collective response roll at the end or beginning of the turn which governs how they adapt strategically and what kind of reinforcements they pull in.

Also remember if you don't specify the order of your actions then the order is the order that you guys reply in.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:05:21 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Pump And shoot this ass already! I'm getting tired of him shredding my innards!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If clear, enter restoration mode, load 2x HE, 2x Smoke
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:59:07 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*I thinks I'm gonna literally shit bricks tonight* 

How far away are Andrew and Leock?

Look for any more movement on the roofline and windows.  Check behind us if it's secured.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take a look at the license place of the car. Memorize it. Look for a visible VIN. Memorize it. Look at the documents. Memorize what's visible.

"Sanct, Rens! Come look at this car. I think we found why we're here."

Walk up in front of the corridor, holding my shotgun at the ready.

"You! Step forward, out of the corridor!" Begin to negotiate with the surrendered troopers. Here's what I want:

Spoiler: My Demands (click to show/hide)

Maybe try to build a little rapport with them, but keep my eyes open for anyone trying to pull a fast one.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Am I in the outside combat theater with the terminator? If clear, enter restoration mode.

You are on top of a three-story office complex. The east wall is a good distance away behind it is Leock and Andrew. You hear the action but you cant see it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:02:07 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Hmm, well then just wait and see what happens and let my wings to repair themselves.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

How far away are Andrew and Leock?

You can hear them over the eastern wall. It's two-men high with barbed wire at the top. Besides that they aren't very far at all.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that Andrews innards aren't all in danger of becoming outards

Clear the jam and fire a full burst at the Terminator's upper-body/head.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move towards Anthony, and cover the area as he conducts his demands.

Look over the receipt to see how many T-850 Terminator are bought.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Sorry guys for not posting today! It's .... er... was my birthday. It's not anymore seeing that it is 12:03.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry guys for not posting today! It's .... er... was my birthday. It's not anymore seeing that it is 12:03.

{Likes this post}

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16