Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25879 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Sorry guys for not posting today! It's .... er... was my birthday. It's not anymore seeing that it is 12:03.

{Likes this post}
(*likes this post liking that post*)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(1 LIKE = 1 RATION.  1 SHARE = 1 AMMO.  1 UPVOTE = 1 GUN.)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That should be a thing. Random people who aren't playing should be able to come in and give us likes and we should get food and ammo and weapons. This is the RTD of the future, people.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(I can picture it now: Hunger RTD)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

That should be a thing. Random people who aren't playing should be able to come in and give us likes and we should get food and ammo and weapons. This is the RTD of the future, people.

You know what. Sure. I'm game.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(Awesome, but now for the real question: What are the restrictions? One like per day/week/turn? Or one shot and that's all you got?)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

(Awesome, but now for the real question: What are the restrictions? One like per day/week/turn? Or one shot and that's all you got?)

Sounds like you know some people who wouldn't mind posting likes lel. Food, ammo and weapons are a small part of the game, there's no real restriction. I get to decide how you come about these items anyhow.

BTW turn 11 is on the way.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:52:10 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn:11 Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 3 hours. It is around 3 am.

After a noisy, painful but highly amusing (to one of you) car ride you almost reach Man-Hunter HQ

The two cars speed downtown towards Man-Hunter HQ, Anthony's 2016 Chevy leads the way. The front two seats are actually relatively comfortable the spilled trash adds a nice layer of cushion between you and uncomfortably worn down seats. The goon truck is a bit more comfortable in terms of seating but the wedged-off door allows the cold night air to blast into the passenger compartment.

Almost there!

It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. The front gate is open which makes sense because it is visited by potential clients; however there seems to be some strange metal str-

That's a spike strip! And the Chevy ran right over it!

Were they expecting you? Even so why this kind of treatment?! Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The goon truck driven by Andrew swerves avoiding the spike strip; however, it does not enter the Man-Hunter compound with the Chevy. Instead it pulls around the compound.

The Chevy is caught! The heavy metal doors of the compound start to close behind you (Eiki, Anthony, Sanct and Recenser) Anthony switches to reverse and stomps on the gas! No luck the car doesn't not respond in a controllable manner with it's tires spiked! An alarm sounds! It seems they expected you yet had no idea when you would come! The Man-Hunter security team must be deploying now!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these.

To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car. Anthony parks nicely in a parking spot the best he can while the rest of you tumble out of the Chevy guns at the ready crouched low.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Fuck there's no cover whatsoever.

Out of the southwest corner you see Man-Hunter security troops, they have black fully armored (21st century tactical gear)!

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

(5!)After breaking away you fire a round right into the terminator! BOOM! You pump! BOOM! It staggers back! BOOM! You fired three rounds into it at point blank!

(4) It draws it's shotgun up! It fires! Misses? That blind spot is handy! You strafe left, the terminator twists in an attempt to fire!

You draw your blade and- It's head flies off.

That blade is impressive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(1) You dash back to your MG-42. This is not an ordinary jam! What a headache!

THUNK! Oh. Well. I guess that's over.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(5) You enter Restoration Mode. You're heart beat shakes your body! You heat up!

Wounds healed!

You load in the HE and smoke rounds.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(2) You watch as Anthony issues demands.   

You'd have to break the window to get at those receipts. You imagine there would be a alarm.

Might be worth it.

Status healed!

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(2 no one shooting at you. You'll be safe.) You're wings finish healing. The left wing features red stains but they are ready for action!

You listen as Anthony lays out his demands, you even chime in courtesy of your aggressive Reflex Type!

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(5) You walk over to the three surrendered troops, you have a visible hobble to your walk but you have impressive speed and balance despite it. They look pretty happy to not be dead but they seem rather worried.

"Hello! Sorry about the whole- well- shooting you up deal." One starts.

"Yeah, it's just our job!" One chimes in. The one who spoke up first flashes an angry look at the second trooper. The trooper shies a bit. "uh, was our job I mean.... just our job..."

The one who spoke first catches the back of the head. "Um," he starts with a swallow, "You guys qualify for the Man-Hunter special Revenge deal!" He says with pitiable presentation.

Ignoring his marketing pitch you lay it out for him, issuing your demands in full.
Spoiler: Your Demands (click to show/hide)

One of the guard immediately runs off into the HQ building. Shortly afterward the gate opens.

"That car? I don't know."

"Um... We can't just disclose our client infor-" Recenser steps in, M16 pointed at the trooper. "-Um I'll see what I can do."

The trooper's hand over their ID cards.

"Um, the buildings main entrance is right there!" The guard points. Recenser takes another step closer with his M16. "Um, there's also side entrances!" Recenser pulls the charging handle back. Click. "Oh yes! And external and interior video surveillance monitored by a special security team for building defense!"

"Quit my job! Hey buddy, your crossing the line there!" Recenser steps  forward again pressing the M16 barrel against the trooper's chest, "I have a family you know! And work isn't easy to find!"

The other trooper returns carrying a bin of assorted snacks and rations. "Here, you're doing us a favor this this we never use the rations anyways."

"Give them your ID."

"Why?"

"Just do it." 

The trooper complies.

Three trooper IDs added! It seems like it would better to extract client data (and details about the car) from someone more involved with paperwork.

Bin of food secured!

Terminator down! The fighting stopped for now. Regroup and enter the HQ building!

Situation will govern how your rolls affect combat.

Allied suppressing fire (sniper, mg, rockets, etc), good cover, etc will better the situation weakening the results of a low roll (3-1). Enemy suppressing fire will weaken the situation.

Situation is specific to each player and it basically has to do with how many people see you, how many are shooting at you, what kind of weapons and what kind of firepower you are you forcing your enemies to contend with.

If it doesn’t make to much sense then fight how you feel you should and you'll probably be doing it right, it's suppose to be pretty intuitive.

Enemy specials will get reaction rolls turning your roll, enemy normals will get a collective response roll at the end or beginning of the turn which governs how they adapt strategically and what kind of reinforcements they pull in.

Also remember if you don't specify the order of your actions then the order is the order that you guys reply in.

I’m trying to post twice a day. 

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:51:10 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

now that that's sorted, I load the terminator shell into the goon truck. I am damn well selling it when this is all over. I then proceed around to the gate readying my blade only to find that it's open. He would head in and ask the big question.
"Can someone sew me back up? I had a rough encounter with a robot."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Fly up and above the building see what I can see and fire grenades at anything that looks hostile. The being under video surveillance thing really puts a damper on infiltration by shape shifters.

I can't decide just go with the wings plan if the faces plan clearly isn't going to work.

Eneter restoration mode and make my face and body look like one of the dead goons or like one of the living goons then change into one their uniform preferably one that is not massively bloodstained. Failing that change into a bloodstained one and give myself a wound that looks sorta like the initial wound but is not actually as serious.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:48:20 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, that went pretty well.

These guys seem to not know much, so allow them to leave peacefully.

"Over here, Andy. Help yourself." Point at the box of food, and then use some of it to heal my shattered kneecap.

"Somebody see about taking that machine gun with us. One of our stronger people might be able to move and fire it, and we'll probably need the firepower once we get inside. If anything, it'll at least be good for punching through cover."

"Hey, Rens, come down here and grab an ID from one of these dead guys, change into their uniform. I need you to use your augment to change your face so you look exactly like them. This'll work better for us than just coming in guns blaring. You might need to readjust the biomass in those wings, though." Look through the dead troopers for ones with comparatively unruined uniforms and equipment, and especially for one that looks like me. Steal that one's ID and assemble a good looking set of gear for myself, and then look for small female troopers and ones that look like Merald and Vols. Not even gonna bother trying to find one that looks like Sanct.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Fiiiiiiiiine I'll do some infiltration but the second thats done you guys are paying me back for those wings.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Those wings were a liability anyway, dude. You could barely fit in a giant SUV. We'll go get burgers or something after this shit is over. Speaking of which," Rifle through dead trooper's pockets as I look over their gear and faces, look for money, cards, and treasured mementos from their loved ones like tiny golden lockets with pictures in them.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Blah, this will be a hassle to fix. Maybe  should check out that other MG I heard in the courtyard."

Fix the jam in the MG42. Examine the M806 to see if it's movable.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Eiki smiles viciously.

Tear the M806 off its railings and take two belts of ammo. Equip to slot 2.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16