Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25854 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"Fine, but if you assign me one innocent party, then you'll be the ones dead here. So get hunting for the worst scum you can dredge up on the list."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Fine, but if you assign me one innocent party, then you'll be the ones dead here. So get hunting for the worst scum you can dredge up on the list."

Bob turns toward you.

"Ah. Don't worry. The jobs that you guys will get we be the most risky fuc- I mean high paying jobs. Most of those are against rich assholes. 95% of rich people... More like 99% I suppose... are assholes so you'll be cleaning up."

He suddenly looks nervous, "Uhh... Don't tell my boss I said that"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Eiki can hardly contain her excitement.

"It's the j-justice package!" she screams, clapping her hands wildly (along with the 50-cal).
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I think I can bring everyone on board for high profile jobs, but you'll have to do better on the compensation. We don't work for free, but I'm sure we can make a single exception for this first client. Call it a demonstration of our capabilities. After that, we want to be compensated for our time. You'll profit much more from having us on the payroll long term than you will from a few quick jobs for free. This is an opportunity for your organization to distinguish itself by hiring the best help available; don't let it slip away into a one-time deal."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, finals week is coming up for me. I'll be busy. Turn 13 will be this weekend.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Good luck on finals! I'm out of town this weekend and will check back Sunday night)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Somebody act reticent. I'm trying to tell them that this is a hard sell for our group, not that we're actually 1000% on board and excited to start immediately.

Totally gonna use Rens as a huge bargaining chip/capability demo, too. Heh.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn:13 Welcome to Man-Hunter HQ.

Since the start of the game it has been around 4 hours. It is around 4 am.

(This section is taken from before, just shortened to only include the description of the inner courtyard of Man-Hunter HQ.)
It seems Man-Hunter HQ is built into some kind of old military facility at the borders of downtown L.A. The premise is walled off with walls twice as high as a man and topped with barbed wire. The buildings are multistoried and square from birds eye view. 

Man-Hunter gets paid to send out hit teams, not complete contracts. In fact it's part of there business model to service those that seek revenge after surviving a hit even if it was a Man-Hunter hit!

The front Man-Hunter compound features a parking lot to the west (You are on the northern end of the compound) full of various automobiles all painted black. Some have tripods but no weapons mounted. You know they have armored vehicles but those are not among these.

To the east there is visitor parking it's empty with the exception of one purple sports car.

Strait south (ahead of you guys) is the building. It has windows but it has another wall with barbed wire this one is only slightly higher than an average person.

Andrew Merald (Dustan Hache)

(1, no bonus actions) This Bob character seems to be the Hollywood soldier kind of guy. He stares peacefully at you.

You get the impression that these folks are used to dealing with powerful, augmented folk. They don't seem to be going easy on the negations; however, you know you always will have the option of taking what you came to get by force. Of course then you would have to fight the rest of Man-Hunter security.

You imagine that based on the way they are treating you, they must have at least one or two augmented soldiers at there disposal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leock Vols (HighEndNoob) 

(2)(You went to inspect the Humvee gun. I accidently thought that Eiki had taken it although in reality he went after the M806 .50 cal. My past discription from earlier turns is still valid if you still want to salvage it.) 

You enjoy the first bit of rest you've gotten in a long time. It's around 4pm. In a another couple of hours you'll be tired.

You don't detect any troop movement. It seems that they aren't considering you enough of a threat to deploy more troops.

Andrew seems anxious.

Eiki Yamanaka (_DivideByZero_) 

(3) (No action, which is fine considering the current situation) (I accidently thought you went after the belt fed grenade launcher instead of the .50cal. I fixed it in your inventory. You found three boxes of .50 ammo.)

Andrew and Anthony seem really intense about this whole 'revenage package' deal.

Unfortunately, no one but you seems really excited about Man-Hunter's offer.

Sanct Stone (Sanctume) 

(3) You bite into a rock for the intimidation factor. The wimpy manager guy is really buying into it. He's sweating bullets!

This bob guy and the secretary are too busy talking to Anthony to notice.

CRACK!

The rock fragments! They shoot out with speed. Not enough to hurt anyone though. One bounces off the managers forehead. He blinks a couple teams and takes a few confused steps backwards.

He's not having a good day.

Recenser Bonum (Midnight Jaguar)

(5) You enter the barracks. It's busy. A lot of troopers are walking around without weapons or armor but still in uniform. You hear a lot of background chatter:

"Where's Chris? I haven't seen him around."

"Chris? He got transferred to South Base."

South Base? It seems Man-Hunter has multiple locations. Just how expansive are they?

"South Base huh?"

"Yeah."

You locate a hallway to the sleeping quarters and one to officer offices. You head towards the offices.

You find one empty with the door open. It's labeled Major Bob. There's a central desk in the office with scattered papers and pens on it.

Next turn if you enter the office you'll get two rolls. One to determine if anyone finds you/what kind of things you find and a second if you are found to determine how concerned those that find you are.

Anthony Brake (inaluct)

(3) This secretary is giving you a throbbing headache. With her around you can't make much headway. This Bob guy seems like someone you can deal with.

Hmm.

Bob scratches his head, "Well, maybe. I mean we are at..." He looks back to the scattered corpses of the other troopers.

"….A bit of a loss. I could use the manpower."

"Bob. Stop. We made our deal." The secretary chimes in.

"We'll pay you. But not in full. Because you've gotta pay for your own hit on this client guy," Bob offers.

Force is always an option, the only issue is you don't know how many more troopers they have tucked away. And you have this feeling that they haven't shown you their full hand yet.

Situation will govern how your rolls affect combat.

Allied suppressing fire (sniper, mg, rockets, etc), good cover, etc will better the situation weakening the results of a low roll (3-1). Enemy suppressing fire will weaken the situation.

Situation is specific to each player and it basically has to do with how many people see you, how many are shooting at you, what kind of weapons and what kind of firepower you are you forcing your enemies to contend with.

If it doesn’t make to much sense then fight how you feel you should and you'll probably be doing it right, it's suppose to be pretty intuitive.

Enemy specials will get reaction rolls turning your roll, enemy normals will get a collective response roll at the end or beginning of the turn which governs how they adapt strategically and what kind of reinforcements they pull in.

Also remember if you don't specify the order of your actions then the order is the order that you guys reply in.

Keep it up guys! You’re a fun bunch to write for.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:20:14 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Enter the office, if anyone finds me then non lethally disable them, unless they just assume I'm lost or something innocent like that then just go along with it. If Anthony calls me do what he tells me to do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:23:50 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright, that's fine. I think we can definitely work with that. Do you have anywhere we can sit down and get to crunching the numbers on this? Anybody got a calculator?" Anthony grins at the secretary.

Negotiate the terms of our employment. Partial wages to cover the identity of the first hit are fine, but make sure that the amount being garnished isn't outrageous. Also, make sure we have extensive access to the logistical support that Manhunter offers. Having to get clearance to use big ticket things like helicopters and tac nukes is acceptable. Negotiate almost entirely with Bob.

Swallow the proteolytic. What I was planning to do with it was pretty unacceptable, anyway. Start producing an opiate. If the secretary is disruptive, breathe it in her face to calm her down a little.

If negotiations aren't going as well as I'd like, bargaining chips:
 1. We are obviously highly capable.
 2. Manhunter is low on manpower.
 3. How many of us are there? Five, right? Heh. Call Rens (contact listed as "Recenser Bonur" in phone) and have him take a picture of himself holding something sensitive or in a restricted area.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eiki chimes in,
"Well, if communications go badly we could just nuke the place and be done with it."

She is slightly more agitated than usual, occasionally making her coat flicker in and out of existence. She spins a spare theta fusion warhead on the tip of her finger.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"So Bob, it seems like this isn't the first time you have had to deal with people like us. Whatcha got up your sleeve, just out of curiosity?"
If he decides to share information on his augment, I do the same (but not in detail, no need to give them info on how I am hidden so they can detect me easier.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal L.A. Combat. It's back? Whhhaaaaaaa? Interest check!
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2016, 06:24:38 pm »

Hey! I've been brainstorming. I want to continue this game, starting sometime in the next few weeks or month.

This is an interest check.

The story would time skip (slightly) the current party has decided to fight for Man-Hunter, in return for client info that could lead them to who ever is trying to kill them! You'll be embarking on the first mission as a Man-Hunter operative.

I'm hoping for most/some of the original cast, but I'd be willing to/I want to sub in some new characters.

I'm currently figuring out new mechanics. A major theme in this game is grit, I want to put players through rough fights that force them to fight creatively and willfully despite having their stuff blown up, losing limbs (that they can regenerate later through Restoration Mode) and the many other terrible and gruesome things that can happen.

And in my opinion the story is going to be kick ass.

The main two elements I'm trying to weave in are economy (not a monetary one) and dependable (perhaps dependable is too strong of a word...) strengths. These 'dependable strengths' will hopefully eliminate the completely random nature of the previous rounds which kind of crush strategy and creative combat.

An economy system will hopefully make the combat and out of combat choices more intentional. Ammo and food will be the major two components of this economy, this way combat will be (even though IMO for the past rounds it was) more complex than "Shoot them." and out of combat a little bit more involved (and subsequently interesting) than "get all my stuff back." It's going to be harder to maintain a inventory of the stuff you like. (Hopefully you don't all find the word economy too vexing in this context.)

Right now potential joiners can post chars, previous players can post comments about the earlier game/my new ideas (I am interested in reading them) and you can ask me questions. Character creation is detailed in the original post the only difference is that this time you don't get to pick an inventory. Just one reasonably sized item. You'll be geared up by Man-Hunter the infamous mercenary-assassin corporation.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:07:44 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Well I'm still in. could you elaborate what you mean by the strengths?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fantastic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16