Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest checkNew/old players wanted 5/6! Goto p15  (Read 25873 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Reposting on a fresh page.

Hey! I've been brainstorming. I want to continue this game, starting sometime in the next few weeks or month.

This is an interest check. New players will want to check out the OP on page 1.

The story would time skip (slightly) the current party has decided to fight for Man-Hunter, in return for client info that could lead them to who ever is trying to kill them! You'll be embarking on the first mission as a Man-Hunter operative.

I'm hoping for most/some of the original cast, but I'd be willing to/I want to sub in some new characters.

I'm currently figuring out new mechanics. A major theme in this game is grit, I want to put players through rough fights that force them to fight creatively and willfully despite having their stuff blown up, losing limbs (that they can regenerate later through Restoration Mode) and the many other terrible, gruesome things that can happen.

And in my opinion the story is going to be kick ass.

The main two elements I'm trying to weave in are economy (not a monetary one) and dependable (perhaps dependable is too strong of a word...) strengths. These 'dependable strengths' will hopefully eliminate the completely random nature of the previous rounds which kind of crush strategy and creative combat.

I'm not trying to 'fix' the game, because honestly the game ran really well before. I just simply noticed that the mechanics did not augment the gameplay a whole bunch. But thanks to players and spunky GM writing the game has had a lot of energy and interesting turns. And funny ones too.

An economy system will hopefully make the combat and out of combat choices more intentional. Ammo and food will be the major two components of this economy, this way combat will be (even though IMO for the past rounds it was) more complex than "Shoot them." and out of combat a little bit more involved (and subsequently interesting) than "get all my stuff back." It's going to be harder to maintain a inventory of the stuff you like. (Hopefully you don't all find the word economy too vexing in this context.)

Right now potential joiners can post chars, previous players can post comments about the earlier game/my new ideas (I am interested in reading them) and you can ask me questions. Character creation is detailed in the original post (edit: new players can pick loadouts without restriction). Just one reasonably sized item. You'll be geared up by Man-Hunter the infamous mercenary-assassin corporation.

Cheers!

Well I'm still in. could you elaborate what you mean by the strengths?

I'm not sure what form I want it to take mechanically but I want players to have some reliability in a few actions. Something they can depend on. You guys really haven't gotten to fight something as strong as you, but when you do, I don't want your strategy to fall apart when you realize that the dice could go either way.

That being said I'm not going to remove the possibility of you getting entirely boned when doing something you are familiar with.

I don't now if players will pick it or train it. I'll need to test things on my own first.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:11:14 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest check! New/old players wanted 2/6!
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2016, 11:51:35 pm »

Sanct Stone want to learn more about explosives, have 4 sticky c4s, 2 frag grenades, 2 concussion grenades, 2 smokes, and 2 flash bangs.

Is there a gun I can trade my rail gun for a more versatility in situations rather than sniping?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest check! New/old players wanted 2/6!
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2016, 12:08:22 am »

Sanct Stone want to learn more about explosives, have 4 sticky c4s, 2 frag grenades, 2 concussion grenades, 2 smokes, and 2 flash bangs.

Is there a gun I can trade my rail gun for a more versatility in situations rather than sniping?

Sure. Name your pick.

Man-Hunter is going to hold onto your normal gear while you are on mission but you can take anything you want from their arsenal.

Note though, restocking in general isn't going to as easy out of combat as it was.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:15:57 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY DAMAGE: Brutal Combat. Interest check! New/old players wanted 3/6!
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2016, 12:48:08 am »

How about M16A2 rifle with 6 extra clips.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2016, 11:24:14 am »

Sure.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2016, 11:43:48 am »

Should all of the old players select a new weapon?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2016, 12:18:09 pm »

Better learn melee because there's going to be a lot of melee if ammo isn't common.
Spoiler: EX-CALIBUUUR (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2016, 12:20:05 pm »

The old players should select a weapon (some sort of gun), a mêlée weapon and a secondary weapon (pistols, smaller guns etc) then I'll supplement your loadout with the things you'd expect tactical operatives to have like grenades and shit.

Also by saying it's going to be harder to resupply I don't mean to apply your going to run out of ammo and never really be able to use guns, but rather I mean you'll be losing gear in fights due to it getting damaged, you'll be throwing out weapons due to lack of ammo and be picking weapons from people you kill and such. The difficulty is maintaining a specific inventory not an inventory.

Basically every new fight you can expect your inventory to have changed and possibly dramatically. Same with food. Sometimes if you aren't in the city, or are out of cash you might need to be selective in what limbs you regenerate (or generate in MNJ's case). And of course sometimes you might be out of supply and need to fight like a motherfucking commando. Awesome.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:53:01 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2016, 01:21:03 pm »

I want a pickaxe for melee: a spike on one end, and an blade on the other. 
What's the most durable metal/alloy in this time period for such a tool of mayhem?

What's a good armor piercing pistol?  I want one.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2016, 01:33:01 pm »

If you want to pierce armor with a pistol then this might be a good bet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: For scale (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:58:39 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2016, 03:04:59 pm »

Well this certainly looks interesting.

Also, a Glock 20 or 21 with the 50 caliber conversion could wreck some armor.

Edit: I'll probably wait for the new mechanics/rules to be posted before I think about making a character.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:07:10 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2016, 03:13:17 pm »

I want a pickaxe for melee: a spike on one end, and an blade on the other. 
What's the most durable metal/alloy in this time period for such a tool of mayhem.

I imagine Man-Hunter supply is going nuts over this request. But they will fill the request for a extremely toned and apparently bladed "entrenching tool."

It will be a layered construction made of several alloys with a nice polymer grip.

One freakish pick axe, M16A2 and as for the pistol, your allies seem to have good suggestions. Or I could give you something else from the future.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2016, 03:26:45 pm »

I like the sound of a futuristic pistol, it should go well with my traditional ensemble.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2016, 05:49:22 pm »

I like the sound of a futuristic pistol, it should go well with my traditional ensemble.

Harder to resupply but quality and firepower in spades.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2016, 11:18:16 am »

Hmm, I'll take a laser gun for my rifle. An m1911 for my pistol and a claymore for my melee weapon.

I'll still have my changeling abilities right?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16