Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf 4tress from Scratch - This time on Github!  (Read 49519 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf 4tress from Scratch - This time on Github!
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2016, 01:32:44 pm »

here, I modded some more stuff.  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12446
Oh, I need help with syndromes. I would like the metal meh have a syndrome attached. Can someone do that? Becasue I cant figure it out. I can add the effects (poisoining etc) Myself.
I don't think this has been answered. Ok, syndromes don't affect anything while the material solid(except [SYN_INGESTED]), however you can use [SYN_CONTACT](works while liquid, probably works while powder, unkown if gas will ever do it), [SYN_INHALED](presumably gas when inhaled, unknown if things that don't breathe are still affected), [SYN_INJECTED](creature attacks, and weapons with the poison on. I have no idea if it works when the poison isn't liquid), and [SYN_INGESTED](works if you eat the poison, or something covered in the poison.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:45:28 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »

Added your changes. Please test whole modpack (pikachu branch)

As for my previous attempt at explaining github, you'd be better off to google it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2016, 09:16:40 am »

I had added killer rabbits as a semi-megabeast. I recently made a new world to test some stuff, and checked the legends. That's when I checked the megabeasts, and discovered the killer rabbits were breeding! sadly, because of their small size killer rabbits get killed easily in legends, but almost every rabbit survived long enough to breed. the breeding rabbits seem to be in a married-like(only mate with each other) status, without actually mentioning each other in their own legends page. unfortunately it appears that there are no longer any living rabbits, but there apears to have been at least 8 generations. it seems that Zetes, who was born in 9 and died in 37, was the last killer rabbit.

taking this information that you can use cluster number to make them more able to mate, I've thought that I  could make a creature combining dwarves, goblins, elves, and humans, that would then have SEMIMEGABEAST, or NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER in order to have small amounts of them, then I would call them "the forgotten ones". in order to make it easier that the last dwarves will leave quickly I might divide their sizes by 10.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2016, 02:24:01 pm »

did you test the whiole modpack?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2016, 09:26:23 am »

it appears I forgot to add some stuff, when i did my last release
in item_pikachu change this line [NAME:shuriken] to [NAME:shuriken:shuriken] and change the line [NAME:throwing knife] to [NAME:throwing knife:throwing knives]

And I'm going to need additional file called reaction_crematory with the following spoilered contents
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
did you test the whiole modpack?
   I have downloaded the Pikachu17 branch from the master fork in order to test it(That was what you meant by 'test' right? or is testing something in Github? I downloaded the Pikachu17 branch when you said to test, so some things may have changed since then).
   anyway, I have found the following wrong in the Pikachu17 branch.
1.something(don't know what exactly.) in creature_big_GWL is causing arena crashing. best to remove it until this bug is fixed.
2. in tissue_template_ombr_elthrim, he has "[TISSUE_LEAKS ]" , instead of "[TISSUE_LEAKS]" (that one extra space before the end bracket is the problem).
3.in creature_vermin_bsk.txt, remove the bodypart "GUTS" from bloodkits
4.in reaction_GWL.txt, change "[PRODUCT_TO_CONYAINER:B]" to "[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]"
5.in creature_ombragon, the creature "PARMABIT" has the line
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT], but doesn't have toes. just remove the line to fix, or add toes(the second solution not tested)
6.in creature_ombragon, all of his creatures are in need of the material "TALLOW". it is your(or ombragon's) choice how to fix this. I personally fixed it by going in the file b_detail_plan_ombragon and then going to the body detail plan "CLASSIC_TISSUE_LAYERS" and adding to it the lines, [ADD_MATERIAL:TALLOW:TALLOW_TEMPLATE_PIKACHU] and [ADD_MATERIAL:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE_PIKACHU]
7.in creature_ombragon, the creature "DUOGOTH" has the interaction "ELECTRIC_SHOCK", but ombragon didn't supply any interactions.
can be fixed by removing the interaction from duogoth, or by changing it to the name of my interaction "THUNDERBOLT"(please, also change the name of "THUNDERBOLT" to "THUNDERBOLT_PIKACHU", in which case change the interactions of the duogoth and my own "PIKACHU_PIKACHU" accordingly)
   Ok, then... Doing this I've allowed the game to stop crashing and stop putting stuff in the errorlog when starting arena.
   little note:make sure to bring wood when embarking in a evil biome, even if it has forests. unless, of course you want to end up with a bunch of zombies, then by all means.
   by the way I started a fort in the haunted forest, and started the game by losing two men to the trees, after which a solano corpse decided to attack. fortunately, We killed it with no casualitys. at that point a miner was sent to the caverns. then one of the dead men rose up and beat up the expedition leader to death. after that all the remaning living, other than the miner who was digging, was fighting the dead. then the miner decided to have some fresh air, and was knocked by the zombies into a nearby canyon river, in which he drowned. so ended the outpost of "toolspot").
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:32:16 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2016, 10:27:27 am »

nice. I will get on it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2016, 10:32:28 am »

Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2016, 04:29:55 pm »

Ermmm... Github sorta broke? Shurikens aint there. could you upload your version to dffd, and ill merge the missing stuff?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:31 am »

is shurikens missing the only problem, or are there others? if that's the only problem, here is shurikens. I'll probably be able to give you my version on Friday. Wait, by version, do you mean MY stuff, or do you mean including the bugfixed stuff?
[ITEM_AMMO:THROWSTAR_PIKACHU]
[NAME:shuriken]
[SIZE:100]
[CLASS:THROW]
[ATTACK:EDGE:1:1100:hit:hits:NO_SUB:1000]
   [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:2:2]
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2016, 10:43:35 am »

is shurikens missing the only problem, or are there others? if that's the only problem, here is shurikens. I'll probably be able to give you my version on Friday. Wait, by version, do you mean MY stuff, or do you mean including the bugfixed stuff?
[ITEM_AMMO:THROWSTAR_PIKACHU]
[NAME:shuriken]
[SIZE:100]
[CLASS:THROW]
[ATTACK:EDGE:1:1100:hit:hits:NO_SUB:1000]
   [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:2:2]

Everything is missing, can I have before and after versions?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2016, 10:45:16 am »

by before, do you mean the stuff I downloaded? and by after, do you mean the stuff I downloaded after I bugfixed it?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2016, 12:40:16 pm »

by before, do you mean the stuff I downloaded? and by after, do you mean the stuff I downloaded after I bugfixed it?

yes please

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2016, 01:10:51 pm »

the before is simply the pikachu17 branch from the GitHub page. the here's a new version. it includes the bugfixing, new stuff, and some adding to other people's stuff(at each point I changed other people stuff I put in PIKAADD so you can find them if you don't want them.). http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12472

Also, I got all 7 starting Vulcans to become elite wrestlers by hitting parmabits. more accurately one parmabit. that's right only one parmabit, and back when I had them wielding tree axes and mining picks and they still didn't manage to kill the single rambit. imagine if the parmabit had a material emission it could use on the people futilely attacking it's shell. wait, can they use other interactions while in their shell?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:49:35 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2016, 06:06:35 pm »

Thanks! I'll look at it tomorrow.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2016, 02:03:07 pm »

Do you happen to have the file you donloaded first laying around? I might've broke the github...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16