Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf 4tress from Scratch - This time on Github!  (Read 48493 times)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf 4tress from Scratch - This time on Github!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 04:36:49 am »

I like the idea of the theme. I might add in a civilization (which would be incredibly rare and non-playable) which has very advanced weaponry, or invading aliens/eldritch horrors, that kind of thing :P
This might be problematic, as you cannot set how "rare" a civilisation is, but we'll see when we get it in-game.

Well, ima gonna go make some basic sand and silo and stuffs!
Please do! Don't forget to check the issues page if you want to know what we need.

...Also, I do not know if I'm spamming your feed / e-mail with my constant issues page updates. Oh well.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 06:58:29 am »

I added some soils!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 07:25:07 am »

I've merged Gwolfski's modifications, filled up the issues page, filled up the wiki page, and invited Gwolfski and pisskop as collaborators. I dunno what does that do, but hopefully, that means you won't have to fork the project everytime, and instead can just make a new branch to develop something.

Please message me anywhere if you wanna be made a collaborator.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 07:30:13 am »

Keep in mind I don't really know hoe github works, just learning as i go along, with plenty of mistakes

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 07:49:09 am »

Keep in mind I don't really know hoe github works, just learning as i go along, with plenty of mistakes
Mate, I learnt Github usage yesterday. It's okay.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 07:57:00 am »

Might throw my hat in this round again, though with much less vigor. Starting with unassuming plants first *wink*. I'm not sure what you intend to do with the material templates, whether you're making new ones or importing, but there's no wood/plant stuff to start on Github.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 08:02:58 am »

Ah, well, of course there are no wood and plant materials on the Github. This IS the most barebones version possible.

And regarding the material templates question, I'm wondering if we should keep Halfling's relatively OP organic materials or not.
I think the changed values are one of the barriers keeping new modders out.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 08:09:22 am »

Wouldn't mind reverting to all-vanilla templates :). Makes things easier, even if it could be said to be unoriginal. We'll make up for it with number of creations.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 08:17:00 am »

I'll just call that agreed-upon, then.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:14 am »

i added the soil template from vanilla, btw

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2016, 08:38:58 am »

For future reference: comments are anything not enclosed in square brackets. :P

So watch out, because in "#[...]", just "#" is the comment, and anything inside the square brackets are normal commands.

I have also brought in the vanilla material templates and body detail plans. So you'll just have to look into the vanilla files for stuff. And as such, I'll remove your soil template, Gwolfski, as you did the same thing, too, alright?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 08:42:54 am »

Could you just use my one? cos i'd have to redo my soils....

Actually, its juts 4 changes. Do what you want

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 08:51:13 am »

Done. And don't worry, I fixed them for you.
Pull the changes to see them (if you can; I dunno how forks work).

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2016, 08:52:23 am »

Im gonna finish up for an hour or three...

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 08:54:37 am »

Alright. By the way, can you modify the wiki? If not, just send me what do you want for the wiki pages. If yes, well, do them yourself. :P
Though granted, wiki pages about various soils are not THAT important; I'd just like everyone to get used to wiki editing, too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16