Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Dwarf 4tress from Scratch - This time on Github!  (Read 48509 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf 4tress from Scratch - This time on Github!
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2017, 02:56:54 pm »

Did you download the update I posted a few posts back? I haven't yet updated my github yet, though. Language _DWARF may be in the master but it should not be, and neither should language_words or language_symbol.
I am posting on a tablet so I'm not absolutely sure those are the names of the vanilla ones, but the vanilla files should not be there.
Language_DWARF should not be considered compatible with D4FS.
Did I say I was standardizing organ tissue mats? In any event, I am still going to be using special brain and heart mats, because potions, but there's no reason that kidneys/livers/ETC. should all get their own mats.
It is necessary for every word in a language to in a words file, but it is not necessary that every word in a _words file to be in a translation.
What words are in language_words_p17 and not in language_p17?
I should probably download the master, and see if vanilla language files are indeed in it.
Sorry for the eclectic ordering of sentences in my posts.
As soon as Gwolfski tells me that my update does not crash, I will update my Github.

I was referring to "Removed the kidney, liver, ETC., tissues, replaced them with just NERVE_TISSUE, and ORGAN_TISSUE." from your DFFD update a few posts back. It seems like a good idea to apply to everything. I'd be willing to go back and edit my organic creatures for it.

Would the OP mind getting everything consolidated into a new master, since there seems to be a lot of legacy stuff floating around? Might be good to get everyone on the same page. It's hard to follow.

And no I'm talking about the words that are in the vanilla file that are not in p17. It's almost 7 times the volume of words, many of which seem important to have. For this reason, I recommend adding your words into the vanilla rather than using that as a base.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2017, 03:22:25 pm »

While I'm okay with using vanilla words until I can think of replacement, the main point of this mod is to get rid of vanilla stuff. Full disclosure: the Armokians use some vanilla weapons, but that is becaus they would obviously want to use Armok-made weapons. If you really care that much about having vanilla words, we can have a vote on it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2017, 05:04:41 pm »

Well, I guess let's take a vote, and if it gets decided to use no vanilla language thingies I'll just repeat my process once we have a "final" language file (I assume lots of other people will contribute words for their civs and the like). No worries.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2017, 07:22:22 pm »

Heya folks,

I took a break from robots to make some aquatic life. Also, I've begun testing with the current master files and it looks like [CREATURE:EVIL_TOAD_GWL] causes a crash at load. :(

Gonna upload the proper files tonight, as well as the raws for the traps I've concocted.  I don't have the ability to upload. I'm new to Github, am I doing it wrong?

Anyway there are some catchable vermin fish, and some CARCAROKS. Carcaroks are large predatory fish. There's a small one that hunts in small packs, and a big one that hunts alone or with pairs.

Also hey, I don't mean to be negative, but no update in a week? Is this on hiatus?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:26:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2017, 04:49:20 am »

yes, ive got exams. The frog broke again? Come on, it was fixed earlier!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »

Yep, sorry!

But yeah that sounds legit, gl with exams!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2017, 09:58:24 am »

Dunamisdeos, are you absolutely sure you have the most recent github files? Because, you have mentioned the existence of Language_DWARF(when I have replaced it.), and now you have mentioned CREATURE:EVIL_TOAD_GWL crashes, when it used to, but shouldn't now. https://github.com/Gwolfski/D4FS/releases/tag/v0.3.0
---
Does the update I posted a while back work, Gwolfski, or should I not update my GitHub with it?
----
Actually, we should probably be posting in the thread Gwolfski created, which has the latest updates in the OP, as the Original Poster of this thread is not active. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160947.0
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:07:46 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:30 pm »

Yep, never got clued in on that change.

I'll move to that thread, I'm sure I'm working with an older version then.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:40:09 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2019, 01:52:43 am »

Is this moved
P.S
Ñecromancy time
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2019, 02:59:29 pm »

Apologies if this violates rules, but - where the heck did this thing go?! It was going strong two years ago and then disappeared without a trace, through multiple threads. What even...
I should've seen that post a few ones above mine mentioning a new thread. Sorry :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:01:23 pm by IncompetentFortressMaker »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]