Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: DF v.43 Work orders questions and suggestions  (Read 90722 times)

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v.43 Work orders questions and suggestions
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2016, 07:54:58 am »

thanks, hopefully the OP can include that bit later.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2016, 09:19:16 pm »

Any ideas about dwarven syrup? I want to process all pods to syrup, and mill wheat to flour, but don't mill pods to sugar. How?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2016, 10:09:33 pm »

Any ideas about dwarven syrup? I want to process all pods to syrup, and mill wheat to flour, but don't mill pods to sugar. How?
Unless the milling job has details, you're going to need to set up workshop-specific orders and stockpile links.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2016, 10:24:44 pm »

Unless the milling job has details, you're going to need to set up workshop-specific orders and stockpile links.
But I heard that orders don't respect links? Didn't try it, though.
What conditions should I set on the milling order? Will it spam when there are no wheat but many pods?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:26:51 pm by lcy03406 »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:32 am »

If you have stockpile link for mill, I think all you should have to check for is that you have wheat plants.
Just remember to include a link for bags.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2016, 09:30:17 am »

I think add (i)tem condition or possibly (r)eagent should cover that, as 2 different orders

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 11:39:20 am »

I think add (i)tem condition or possibly (r)eagent should cover that, as 2 different orders
Nop, you can specify reagents in orders, but the Mill Plants job itself cannot set details. So, as long as you have a cave wheat, the stupid dwarves will mill all pods until one happens to take the wheat to mill.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2016, 11:41:49 am »

If you have stockpile link for mill, I think all you should have to check for is that you have wheat plants.
Just remember to include a link for bags.
What stockpile stores empty bags? I setup a furniture stockpile which accept only 'boxes and bags' and material cloth, but the stupid dwarves fill it with gypsum and quicklime bags.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2016, 12:48:36 pm »

This need to become a sticky, or go into the wiki, or possibly both.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

Nop, you can specify reagents in orders, but the Mill Plants job itself cannot set details. So, as long as you have a cave wheat, the stupid dwarves will mill all pods until one happens to take the wheat to mill.

Set up a sweet pods-only stockpile linked to a quern/millstoneFarmer's workshop (also link a barrel stockpile to it).  Go into the workshop's Profile, Work Orders tab.  Press [enter] which will disallow the workshop from accepting general work orders.  Create a new work order there to mill plants extract to barrel.  Set the conditions to track the number of sweet pods (and barrels), so it only activates when you have them available.

Edit: corrected because I derped and thought 'milling' instead of 'extracting'.

What stockpile stores empty bags? I setup a furniture stockpile which accept only 'boxes and bags' and material cloth, but the stupid dwarves fill it with gypsum and quicklime bags.

Yeah, quicklime bags and gypsum powder bags fall under the 'boxes and bags' category, annoyingly enough.  No way to filter them out automatically.  I usually dump those two (but not their contents!) into a tiny stockpile elsewhere and forbid them until I need them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:59:48 pm by Qev »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2016, 05:59:31 pm »

I actually did do custom reactions for milling (or maybe just brewing, Buttons might have already done them in modest mod...which was what inspired me to do the brewing)and brewing, but haven't redone them for new version yet. Exactly because it drives me crazy when they go and brew the pig tails I was planning on making thread out of, mill the sweet pods that I was going to make booze out of, and the dimple cups just sit there feeling...blue.

Correction: Igfig did mill sugar/flour/dye reactions, which are in Modestmod, currently maintained by Buttons.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:05:27 pm by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:04 pm »

What conditions should I set on the milling order? Will it spam when there are no wheat but many pods?
Check for wheat and whichever material of bag is most common in your fort (to avoid chests.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2016, 11:15:07 pm »

Hmm... I'm trying to find a way to limit production of 'glazed earthenware pots'; any ideas?  There don't seem to be any conditions for 'glazed' or 'improved'...  :P

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2016, 04:45:32 pm »

Icy, I think ldog has the germ of an idea here
I actually did do custom reactions for milling [...] Exactly because it drives me crazy when they go and brew the pig tails I was planning on making thread out of, mill the sweet pods that I was going to make booze out of, and the dimple cups just sit there feeling...blue.

I've managed to set up a 'process unrotten plants to barrel' reagent condition, & can then adjust (m)aterial to select sweet pod plants or seeds.. is this what you're looking for? ( I can't test it currently as I don't have the necessary ingredients, but I would imagine you can do similar things (ie adjust materials, traits etc) with dye, pig tails etc once you get the initial (r)eagent order set up

Qev, try setting the initial amount to 1 & produce them daily (or whatever), then change the 'empty unimproved CAN_GLAZE' reagent condition to equal <no. of of pots you want to keep glazed> using (t)raits (you can select more than one trait). I /think/ I got that right, but unfortunately again I can't test it atm :( There appears to be no Product condition here, so things are a bit awkward :(

BTW 'Plaster-containing items' is in Traits, but Quicklme doesn't appear to be :(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:50:15 pm by Snafu »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »

Check for wheat and whichever material of bag is most common in your fort (to avoid chests.)

The problem is the conditions don't actually set the material used, the production order does. So the job will check for wheat before it fires, but it will mill whatever is available, because you are still teling it "mill plants".

Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11