Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 222292 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.44.05)
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2018, 11:20:02 pm »

Are we talking about the green button in 32-bit Dwarf Fortress? The only SDL frameworks from Mifki I'm seeing are 32-bit libraries.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »

Are we talking about the green button in 32-bit Dwarf Fortress? The only SDL frameworks from Mifki I'm seeing are 32-bit libraries.

I downloaded SDL from dropbox following a link from mantis

Code: [Select]
$ file /SDL.framework/SDL
SDL.framework/SDL: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64] [i386:Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386]
SDL.framework/SDL (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
SDL.framework/SDL (for architecture i386): Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2018, 11:57:24 pm »

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I had only read the last line and didn't notice the first two. That's convenient having it support both and somehow it does it with only half a megabyte.

IIRC the official releases already use Mifki's builds of both SDL_Image and SDL_TTF in 32-bit Dwarf Fortress. Once this gets added, the complete set of SDL libraries will be his builds.

Edit: It causes crashes when exiting full-screen mode in every OS I've tested so far (Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion) in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Dwarf Fortress. Same results on Retina Display (tested in Mountain Lion) and in DFHack (tested in Lion).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:45:39 am by jecowa »

alexchandel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2018, 05:25:40 pm »

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I had only read the last line and didn't notice the first two. That's convenient having it support both and somehow it does it with only half a megabyte.

IIRC the official releases already use Mifki's builds of both SDL_Image and SDL_TTF in 32-bit Dwarf Fortress. Once this gets added, the complete set of SDL libraries will be his builds.

Edit: It causes crashes when exiting full-screen mode in every OS I've tested so far (Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion) in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Dwarf Fortress. Same results on Retina Display (tested in Mountain Lion) and in DFHack (tested in Lion).

I haven't tested on those, but Dwarf Fortress crashes when entering fullscreen (via the green button) in Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, and High Sierra in any print mode except 2D, and 2D is unplayably slow on those OS versions (due to bug 10052). Mifki's SDL fixes the crash. Someone should tell him the build behaves differently in 10.9 and earlier OS's.

If you replace DF's SDL framework with Mifki's SDL build (linked from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9762), then macOS's native fullscreen works, and can be toggled by the usual green button.

It might be a good idea to bundle Mifki's SDL build into the Lazy Mac Pack by default, as that'll save untold noobs untold hours of trouble by fixing the fullscreen crash.

That SDL allows DF to work nicely with OS X window manager, but it is not using retina resolution in fullscreen mode, unlike bundled SDL.

Are you sure? Which OS version? When I zoom out on High Sierra (and before on Sierra) with Mifki's SDL, I have Retina precision. Confirmed with the Color Meter.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2018, 10:31:44 am »

If you replace DF's SDL framework with Mifki's SDL build (linked from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9762), then macOS's native fullscreen works, and can be toggled by the usual green button.

It might be a good idea to bundle Mifki's SDL build into the Lazy Mac Pack by default, as that'll save untold noobs untold hours of trouble by fixing the fullscreen crash.

That SDL allows DF to work nicely with OS X window manager, but it is not using retina resolution in fullscreen mode, unlike bundled SDL.

Are you sure? Which OS version? When I zoom out on High Sierra (and before on Sierra) with Mifki's SDL, I have Retina precision. Confirmed with the Color Meter.
Switching to a fullscreen with a hotkey when you have your physical display resolution set in init.txt, and switching to a fullscreen with a screen widget are two different modes. The second one don't use real resolution, it uses halved resolution. It works just like a windowed mode, but without the menu bar.
Both SDL versions behave in the same way in this regard, but mifki version crashes when exiting the (physical) fullscreen mode.

PRINT_MODE:TWBT

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2018, 06:03:48 am »

Updated the DFHack Lazy Mac Pack:

- DFHack updated to the latest with the new embark-assistant plugin to help you pick out embark spots. The full list of DFHack changes are detailed here.

- MultiScroll added, which allows scrolling with the trackpad. (Requires either STANDARD or TWBT print mode.) It's enabled by default. I'm not sure if there's any demand for a button to disable this, but you can use "unload multiscroll" in the Terminal window to turn it off and "load multiscroll" to turn it back on for now.

- Updated Dwarf Therapist to v39.2.1

- GemSet updated with all the new content from LCastillo (improved reptiles, more animal man and giant man graphics, fixed bird graphics, fixed walls).

- Old "laptop keyboard config" the default (now renamed "Lazy Mac Pack key config") and added "option-return" (aka alt-enter) as an alternate full-screen shortcut key.

- Added a "Retina Support (Fullscreen)" option to the DFHack tab. All this does is try to automatically set the GRAPHICS_FULLSCREEN values to the resolution of your display, which will allow the screen's native resolution to be used if you go full screen. (Don't use the Mac OS green "maximize" button to try to go full screen, though, as it causes crashes in OSX 10.11+. Use Dwarf Fortress' full screen key instead, which is F11 in vanilla Dwarf Fortress or can be done with Option-Return with LMP key config.)

- DFHack tab reorganized. Fixed two DFHack options that previously didn't do anything ("Auto Gems" and "View item information"). These are both now enabled by default and can be disabled. Also improved the descriptions of all the DFHack tab options. Added a button for labormanager in addition to the current autolabor button. Added a button to disable mousequery.

- White pixels on the LNP icon are removed now. (don't know if anyone but me really noticed that, though)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:23:00 am by jecowa »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2018, 07:15:57 am »

You are doing a great job for Mac users!

- MultiScroll added, which allows scrolling with the trackpad. (Requires either STANDARD or TWBT print mode.) It's enabled by default. I'm not sure if there's any demand for a button to disable this, but you can use "unload multiscroll" in the Terminal window to turn it off and "load multiscroll" to turn it back on for now.
Holding Cmd temporarily disables it, allowing to quickly adjust zoom. Probably a good idea to add this hint to a launcher, otherwise nobody will ever know about it.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2018, 12:39:56 pm »

Any idea when this will updated to 44.08?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2018, 02:05:18 pm »

The pack without DFHack is on Dwarf Fortress v0.44.09 now. I didn't test it much, though.

updated Taffer to 5.1.2. It includes the long-anticipated Damascus tilesheet which has really cool walls.

A bunch of less popular graphics packs were removed to simplify the options. Let me know if you miss any.

The 32-bit lite pack is in the legacy section now. Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion users who need Dwarf Therapist will want to get the 32-bit lite version from the legacy spoiler.

Barebones pack is replaced with a 64-bit lite pack that includes Clément's 64-bit Dwarf Therapist.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:28:47 pm by jecowa »

radio_breathe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2018, 12:59:44 pm »

I was able to update the 44.05 LNP with DFHack to version 44.09 using the latest DFHack and the Lite LNP 44.09.

Edit: Nevermind, can't seem to get TWBT to work correctly. I will just wait for the next update.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:20:23 pm by radio_breathe »

Thoth1972

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2018, 07:45:07 pm »

any idea when we're gonna get v0.44.10?

alanshutko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2018, 09:01:19 pm »

The FULLSCREEN_RETINA_SUPPORT seems to require GNU grep, because it uses the -P flag for perl regexes.  I'm going to see if there's a way to avoid that requirement.

Also, the xattr should probably now be run on the whole directory.  I was seeing errors suggesting that sandboxed apps cannot open files in terminal.  (10.13.6 (17G31f))

Edit: here we go, updated commands. Should be put in "df" and "dfhack" scripts.

Rex=$(system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType | awk '/Resolution: [0-9]+/ { print $2 }' | head -1 )
         Rey=$(system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType | awk '/Resolution: [0-9]+/ { print $4 }' | head -1 )
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:07:01 pm by alanshutko »

elmohasasword

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2018, 02:20:13 am »

Hey I know I probably should know this but i wanted to ask. How do I update to the new version of the Lazy Mac Pac without losing my saves? Do I just download the new one then copy over the save files? Is that simple? I’m about a year out of date so I want to try out new stuff. Ive heard that dwarf fortress saves are always compatible when they move to a new version is that true? Sorry for the dumb questions I love the Mac pack thanks!

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2018, 01:06:14 pm »

Hello jecowa, thanks for your work on this, I'm a new player and on mac so this pack has been great. 

I was wondering if you had plans to update this to the 44.10 version of the game not that the DF Hack update is available?  And do you had any intentions of adding more utilities to make this more comparable to the LNP?  I added the Legends Browser to my Pack and it's amazing, I highly recommend it.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2018, 03:16:59 am »

Gonna get an update anytime soon?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18