Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 218840 times)

poirepoire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.03)
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 06:14:43 am »

really thanks for the pack :), it works very well, is there a way to update it directly to 0.43.05 ?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 12:23:40 pm »

really thanks for the pack :), it works very well, is there a way to update it directly to 0.43.05 ?

You can update it to 0.43.05, but updating the graphics packs is kind of tricky. And Dwarf Therapist and DFHack won't work until those get updated for DF 0.43.05.

To update a Lazy Newb Pack, you switch out the "df_osx" folder with the one from the latest version. Then you look through the folders in the /LNP/Baselines/ folders and swap them out with the folders from the latest version. And rename the /LNP/baselines/df_43_03 folder to /LNP/baselines/df_43_05.

The tricky part is updating a graphics pack. Download TextWrangler if you don't have it already. And use its searce/Find Differences… feature to compare the raws folder of the graphics pack to the raws folder of the latest version of the latest version of Dwarf Fortress. Then use your best judgement to determine what kind of differences that the graphics pack is allowed to have from the vanilla raws. The graphics packs are allowed to change colors and tiles, and they can change plant growth (which is just changing a color on them), and they can invert colors, and probably some other stuff. It's also good to use the find differences feature to compare the /data/init/ folders to each other to see if anything new has been added to init.txt or d_init.txt that needs to be copied over.

If you'd rather not mess with it, I'll start working on updating things today.

poirepoire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 05:29:05 pm »

thanks for the answer, maybe i'll wait ^^

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Bare Bones] Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.05)
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 05:53:18 am »

Here's a pack with the 64-bit Dwarf Fortress version 0.43.05.

Download page: Bare Bones Lazy Mac Pack (64-bit)

It has SoundSense and lots of graphics packs, but it doesn't have Dwarf Therapist or DFHack, etc.

In the past I would wait for Dwarf Therapist to update before releasing a new version, but with all the new compiler for Dwarf Fortress, it looks like that might be a while before we get updated Dwarf Therapist memory layouts. And there's probably lots of people wanting to try out all the new bits in the latest Dwarf Fortress while still being able to install other graphics packs.

I've only tested this in Snow Leopard. Hopefully it runs in El Capitan too.

poirepoire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.03 / v0.43.05)
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 07:08:33 am »

it works fine on capitan thanks

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »

With recent talk about viruses, I was wondering if Lazy Mac Pack had a virus, so I started scanning:

Dwarf Fortress folder:
/df_osx v0.43.03/dfdf - 0/55 (clean)
/df_osx v0.43.03/dfhackdfhack - 0/53 (clean)
/df_osx v0.43.03/dfhack-rundfhack-run - 0/55 (clean)
/df_osx v0.43.03/dwarfort.exe (v0.43.03)   dwarfort.exe - 0/53 (clean)
/df_osx v0.43.05/dwarfort.exe (v0.43.05)   dwarfort.exe - 0/54 (clean)

Main folder:
Lazy Mac Pack.app   df - 0/46 (clean)

/LNP/Utilities/ folder:
Armok.Vision.0.10.1   Armok.Vision.0.10.1.Mac.zip - 0/53 (clean)
DwarfTherapistDwarfTherapist.app - 0/54 (clean)
soundSense.exesoundSense.exe - 1/56
soundSense.jarsoundSense.jar - 0/57 (clean)
soundSense.shsoundSense.sh - 0/54 (clean)

I just tested it, and that one hit is on a file that isn't even used by the Mac version of soundSense. You can safely delete "soundSense.exe" and soundSense will continue to function.

Brynjólfur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • From Iceland. My Work: Battlefield, Eve-Online
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 01:50:54 pm »

Thanks a LOT for these.

I love them!  Going for a 12 hour flight in the morning and you just saved me :)
Praise the sun!

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2016, 02:57:26 pm »

@jecowa - Do you mind if I augment your lazy mac pack for Masterwork Dwarf Fortress 1.15, and upload that version - properly labeled of course - to dffd for that crowd?

I have it working (as long as one doesn't actually use the GUI to change settings), and it would provide the MDF OSX crowd a working package / dfhack / Therapist.  I'm using Macnewbie for this now, but it's way outdated, and this route seems cleaner.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »

@jecowa - Do you mind if I augment your lazy mac pack for Masterwork Dwarf Fortress 1.15, and upload that version - properly labeled of course - to dffd for that crowd?

I have it working (as long as one doesn't actually use the GUI to change settings), and it would provide the MDF OSX crowd a working package / dfhack / Therapist.  I'm using Macnewbie for this now, but it's way outdated, and this route seems cleaner.

Yeah, that's fine. There's a problem with the libs in the DFHack Lazy Mac Pack, though, that is causing weird horizontal lines in El Capitan. To fix this, replace its "libs" folder with the one from here  - Mac OS X libarary files for Dwarf Fortress. This fix will be included when I update it again, which I'm planning on doing within a few days hopefully.

On that note, just a heads up: I think PyLNP will be updating soon. This update will allow the graphics packs to have spaces in their names again (which will be a bit prettier). That update might be worth waiting for. Also, once the graphics pack names are in the new format, saves from the old format will give out errors saying that "changing graphics could break raws" or something like that when users try to switch graphics pack. I'm working on a script applet thing right now, though, that will convert save files from the old graphics-identification format to the new format. Just something to consider.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »

Yeah, that's fine. There's a problem with the libs in the DFHack Lazy Mac Pack, though, that is causing weird horizontal lines in El Capitan. To fix this, replace its "libs" folder with the one from here  - Mac OS X libarary files for Dwarf Fortress. This fix will be included when I update it again, which I'm planning on doing within a few days hopefully.

On that note, just a heads up: I think PyLNP will be updating soon. This update will allow the graphics packs to have spaces in their names again (which will be a bit prettier). That update might be worth waiting for. Also, once the graphics pack names are in the new format, saves from the old format will give out errors saying that "changing graphics could break raws" or something like that when users try to switch graphics pack. I'm working on a script applet thing right now, though, that will convert save files from the old graphics-identification format to the new format. Just something to consider.

Thanks, jecowa - it's uploaded, at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12449.  It *does* work, but it's fragile.

I'll have to wait until I have the Capitan loaded up to test.  Are those new libs back-compatible?

I'm looking at how PyLNP works to see if it's feasible to have it at least play nice with MDF, but there's a lot of nooks and crannies - not clear it'll work at all in an integrated fashion.  In the meantime, I have a script that copies and juggles a bunch of files, so at least it "works".

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »

I'll have to wait until I have the Capitan loaded up to test.  Are those new libs back-compatible?
Those libs work with at least both the v0.43.03 and v0.43.04 versions of Dwarf Fortress. The 64-bit libs don't work with 32-bit Macs, but I just updated the listing to include good 32-bit versions that should work great for a v0.43.03 pack. (There was something wrong with the libs included with vanilla v0.43.04 and earlier that caused problems with some newer Macs.)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2016, 01:48:33 pm »

Just an update. The "lite" and "DFHack" versions should hopefully work properly in El Capitan and Sierra out-of-the box now.

Armok Vision is updated in the DFHack version.

There's a few game mods that can optionally be installed.

Several graphics packs are updated.

Graphics packs are in a little different format. If you are importing your save from an old version, you will need to run the "Graphics Switcher Fixer" utility before switching graphics packs. This tool should also allow you to change the graphics of save files from users of other platforms. Should be helpful for people who do community saves.

Here's some more change log stuff:
  • fixed Bisasam's tooltip not appearing in the LNP graphics pack list
  • updated Rally Ho
  • fixed problem with GemSet profession graphics (was only a problem in the barebones pack)
  • reduced filesize of Mayday (by removing unneeded dev stuff)
  • removed unused soundSense file that was flagged as malware
  • Geoduck 12x12 - new tileset option based on Haberdash 12x12
  • Geoduck 16x16 - new tileset option based on Curses 16x16
  • CLA updated (minor fix)
  • added taffer's 18x18 tilesheet for CLA
  • NSMR - small fixes to creature graphics
  • added Slyce 14x14 (for lite and barebones version, was already in dfhack)
  • updated taffer to v4.2
  • Phoebus - new TWBT text tilesheet (DFHack version)
  • Spacefox - new TWBT text tilesheet (DFHack version)
  • Afro - new TWBT text tilesheet (DFHack version)
  • updated Armok Vision to v0.11.3 (DFHack version)
  • updated RemoteFortressReader for continued compatibility with Armok Vision (DFHack version)

Ironbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 12:28:41 am »

Anyone know what the hotkey is for using the dfhack workflow plugin on the Mac. I know Alt + w is for windows. Same hotkey does not work for me on Mac. That is if the plugin is actually working? I loaded in the dfhack console, says it is loaded.

Anyone on Mac using workflow plugin that can help me out?

Thanks

Apart from that everything is running good, it actually performs better on my mac then on windows, graphics packs working good, no missing textures or weird issues like on windows, no lag of death, like on windows. My win PC is 4 times more powerful then my mac, yet the win PC lags to death lol. Go the Mac...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:33:27 am by Ironbreaker »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 03:31:18 am »

Anyone know what the hotkey is for using the dfhack workflow plugin on the Mac. I know Alt + w is for windows. Same hotkey does not work for me on Mac. That is if the plugin is actually working? I loaded in the dfhack console, says it is loaded.

I'm not very familiar with workflow, but it looks like the shortcut key isn't included by default anymore. I think they might be phasing it out now that vanilla has something similar. Here's something that shows what to add to your "dfhack.init" file to re-add the Workflow shortcut keys that were removed (highlighted in red/pink).

And while we're talking about Workflow, here's a couple of guides on usage for anyone wanting to know more:
Apart from that everything is running good, it actually performs better on my mac then on windows, graphics packs working good, no missing textures or weird issues like on windows, no lag of death, like on windows.
That's good to hear that it's working well for you. I'm curious about the missing textures on Windows. What textures were missing? Was it just one graphics pack that had the trouble?

My win PC is 4 times more powerful then my mac, yet the win PC lags to death lol. Go the Mac...
I've heard that having the fastest processor isn't the most important thing with Dwarf Fortress; what actually matters most is the CPU cache. I'd be interesting in knowing what model of CPU your Mac and PC have. If don't know the model of CPU that's in your Mac, I can probably figure it out if you tell me the year the Mac was made, the CPU's GHz, the screen size, and what product line it's fom (e.g. iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini, etc).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:32:58 am by jecowa »

Ironbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2016, 07:00:10 am »

I'm not very familiar with workflow, but it looks like the shortcut key isn't included by default anymore. I think they might be phasing it out now that vanilla has something similar. Here's something that shows what to add to your "dfhack.init" file to re-add the Workflow shortcut keys that were removed (highlighted in red/pink).

And while we're talking about Workflow, here's a couple of guides on usage for anyone wanting to know more:

Apart from that everything is running good, it actually performs better on my mac then on windows, graphics packs working good, no missing textures or weird issues like on windows, no lag of death, like on windows.
That's good to hear that it's working well for you. I'm curious about the missing textures on Windows. What textures were missing? Was it just one graphics pack that had the trouble?

My win PC is 4 times more powerful then my mac, yet the win PC lags to death lol. Go the Mac...
I've heard that having the fastest processor isn't the most important thing with Dwarf Fortress; what actually matters most is the CPU cache. I'd be interesting in knowing what model of CPU your Mac and PC have. If don't know the model of CPU that's in your Mac, I can probably figure it out if you tell me the year the Mac was made, the CPU's GHz, the screen size, and what product line it's fom (e.g. iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini, etc).

- Cheers, thanks for the info, will read up on them and hopefully get workflow functioning.

- Well, I dont think it was so much the graphics pack, more so LNP. Whenever I would change the graphics pack, the previous pack would bleed into the new pack installed, some items like the down stair case would be an X, or the burial recepticals would be O instead of the graphics and for example, some of the phoebus pack would be working for the walls, etc, and then the obsidian pack would be showing for the workshops. Then the lag of death would come and crash the game.

- For windows, its an i7 xeon core E3-1231 3.4Ghz, 8MB cache. For the mac, its a mid 2011 iMac,21.5", which according to the specs is 6mb cache.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:09:37 am by Ironbreaker »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18