Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 222868 times)

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.03 / v0.43.05)
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2017, 07:07:32 pm »

rmblr, may i ask how did you update your pack with dfhack to 0.43.05 ?

thank you

I'd like to renew this question.  I actually copied the latest dfhack into the LMP folder and, voila, the "dfhack" tab appeared in the pack.  However, no plugins did and that section of the pack is blank.  I'm not sure if it's as simple as just installing plugins however they want to be, or if there's anything I can do with this just from dfhack command line.

Also I got a warning message I forget which seemed somewhat ominous, so decided not to use it on any existing forts, but to give it another try when I start a new world.

You might want to just try it and see what happens.

poirepoire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »

well just dropping the files didn't work

poirepoire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2017, 12:56:28 pm »

no news :( ?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »

Sorry for the Necro. Just did an update to the BareBones version (the one without DFHack or Dwarf Therapist) to bring it mostly up to DF v0.44.02. Everything on it should be updated and working except for the mod stuff. It includes a laptop variant of the keyboard layout now based on Taffer's no-numpad keyboard layout. All the graphics packs have what are hopefully temporary tiles for the new Pedestal display furnature. CLA was nice enough to draw some tiles for the Pedestal; I just need to figure out where to place it. We're currently using the Cabinet (dresser) for the Display Case in every graphics pack. That's probably good enough for non-TWBT graphics pack.

I'm currently trying to figure out to what extent Dwarf Therapist works with the Mac versions of DF v0.44.02. It looks like there's a 64-bit Dwarf Therapist Mac memory map, but no Mac Dwarf Therapist binary (compiled app). And there's the existing 32-bit Dwarf Therapist binary, but no 32-bit memory map to go with it.

A 64-bit Dwarf Therapist binary would be nice, but compiling it is complicated, especially when trying to maintain compatibility with many versions of Mac OS X Leopard through High Sierra. Maybe someone nice will make a 32-bit memory map for us. I think it might not be terribly complicated for the people who know how to do that.

Hey, thanks for the work putting DF on the mac with all possible utilities.
However, I have a problem getting the full package to work. I always get the error message, that TWBT is deactivated when try to start the game using a TWBT tileset even though the option in the menu is activated...

Yeah, it's kind of confusing. I'll try to fix that in the next update. After enabling DFHack, switch back to the Graphics tab and change the "Print Mode" to "TWBT".

One minor comment, the Sierra script can be changed to do

Code: [Select]
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine ${dir}
instead of setting links and asking the user to move the directory. This removes the flags directly.

That looks super awesome! I hope it works. I'll mess around with it and try to add it in the next update. Eventually I'd like to fix the pack to work with the Sierra+ Gatekeeper out-of-the-box if possible, but this will be great to have until them.

It looks like you might have added a mod to the mods folder yourself. It's really picky about mod compatibility. No two mods can make different edits to the same file. If you had installed some other mods previously, you probably need to remove them first. There's a special mod included that uninstalls mods called "Mod Uninstaller". Install just the Mod Uninstaller mod, and I think that should uninstall all your mods.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2017, 08:01:27 pm »

The Lite version (Dwarf Therapist version) is updated. Thanks to Clément and lethosor for the Dwarf Therapist memory map. It also includes alanshutko's upgrade to the Sierra fixer script. It only has to be double clicked and it's fixed! Also the barebones version is updated to include the script too.

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.03 / v0.44.02)
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2017, 08:17:11 am »

Side comment, i just realized you had the Dog Cow as your user image...talk about Very old school.
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.44.02)
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2017, 02:10:58 pm »

Side comment, i just realized you had the Dog Cow as your user image...talk about Very old school.

Nopal (who does a lot of work on Spacefox) drew it for me.

The DFHack bundle is updated for Dwarf Fortress v0.44.02. DFHack is still in alpha, though, so some DFHack workshop-integration functionality is still not working properly.

Also the Dwarf Therapist and Armok Vision utilities both require Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.

This is the first 64-bit DFHack build of the Lazy Mac Pack. It is linked in the OP.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »

Best Christmas present ever!!
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Tinithraviel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2017, 06:42:01 am »

Was waiting for this.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2017, 11:43:56 pm »

Little recommendation: It would be great if we could get some "auto-update" feature so people without so much experience can update games from at least 0.43.05 to 0.44.02 (assuming no mods). This means replacing the save raws with the updated ones for 0.44.02, and doing some devel/inject-raws commands for pedestals or display cases. This apparently can be used to update older versions (0.40 onwards) to have books and adventure mode reactions too...
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

StopGamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2017, 03:53:07 am »

Stupid question, but how I run the game? When I click "play" I got dfhack terminal window with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UPD: Solved by http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7389#c32194 (download and replace missing lib)

UPD2: but then I got into "Preparing text objects" freeze. I tried my Mac because I got same error in Windows. Whats going on, why I cant play DF on both laptops?(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:40:05 am by StopGamer »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2017, 05:36:02 am »

Stupid question, but how I run the game? When I click "play" I got dfhack terminal window with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UPD: Solved by http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7389#c32194 (download and replace missing lib)

UPD2: but then I got into "Preparing text objects" freeze. I tried my Mac because I got same error in Windows. Whats going on, why I cant play DF on both laptops?(
Thank you for the report! Those libraries seem to cause problems every time there's a big Dwarf Fortress updates.

You might try deleting /df_osx v0.44.02/libs/libfreetype.6.dylib to see if that helps. I don't think that files is needed by anyone anymore in the 64-bit versions of Dwarf Fortress anyway.

Also, what version of Mac OS X are you running?

Little recommendation: It would be great if we could get some "auto-update" feature so people without so much experience can update games from at least 0.43.05 to 0.44.02 (assuming no mods). This means replacing the save raws with the updated ones for 0.44.02, and doing some devel/inject-raws commands for pedestals or display cases. This apparently can be used to update older versions (0.40 onwards) to have books and adventure mode reactions too...
I'm not very familiar with that. That might be too complicated for me to safely implement. I'm guessing it would need to place some "onLoad.ini" files into the appropriate save folders to run those DFHack injection commands every time those save files are loaded.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2017, 10:17:32 am »

I'm not very familiar with that. That might be too complicated for me to safely implement. I'm guessing it would need to place some "onLoad.ini" files into the appropriate save folders to run those DFHack injection commands every time those save files are loaded.

I'm guessing you'd need to have an "update" option on load. Before loading the save into game memory it would have to replace the raw files, then load the save, run the necessary commands in DFhack, and save the game. In that order. It would require the raw files to be replaced before loading the save, actually.

Note the devel/inject-raws command had some issues parsing in MAKE WOODEN DISPLAY CASE due to an inability to read the spaces. I've gotten a fix to the script but I've heard some more changes might be coming (and I don't think those fixes are in the actual development release yet).

In other news, I have a warning about a missing DFhack library on load (not using the lazy mac pack). Nonetheless, everything seems to work fine.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.44.03)
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »

The pack with DFHack now includes DFHack v0.44.03-alpha1 (bringing support for Dwarf Fortress v0.44.03). It also includes TWBT v6.28 (now allows hiding stockpiles which can be controlled from the DFHack tab) and Dwarf Therapist 39.1.1 (should have some Retina Display support).

Freetype6 library is no longer included in the /libs/. In the past this had been needed to run the 32-bit version of the game for some versions of OSX, but it no longer required in the 64-bit builds. (And including this kept breaking compatibility with Stonesense in every major Dwarf Fortress update.)

Some graphics pack updates:
  • Meph is on v1.7.5 now and now has its seasonal color palette changing enabled by default in it.
  • Vordak's addon for Meph has temporary patch to keep it compatible with latest Meph.
  • CLA includes a bunch more creature graphics.
  • Taffer includes much more detail in the 20x20 tilesets.

Also, if you like the default Curses tileset and you like TWBT, then you might like these variants:

These packs both mix a vanilla Curses tileset with another tileset using TWBT to give you square fortress tiles while also giving more-readable (and more space-efficient) rectangular text. These were included in the previous release, but weren't mentioned before.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.44.03)
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2018, 09:25:58 am »

DFHack Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.03 beta is released, now with:
  • DFHack updated to v0.44.03-beta
  • TWBT updated to v6.30
  • Vordak updated to 0.3.1
  • and now featuring Retina DisplayMenu. (Thanks to Fricy for archiving this!)
Retina DisplayMenu lets you more-conveniently change your display resolution from the menu bar.
This is useful for running Dwarf Fortress at native resolution on a Retina Display.

Also The 20x Sans-Serif version of Taffer has a little less jaggedy text.
And the Graphics Switcher Fixer utility now gives an alert when it's finished, so you can tell when it's been activated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18