Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 218845 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[DFHack] Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.03)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 02:25:04 am »

A new one with all the things: DFHack Lazy Mac Pack. (143% larger than the lite version)

Spoiler: Instructions (click to show/hide)

Nudibranch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.43.03)
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 11:54:16 am »

Hats off to you.  Thank you for this!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 10:16:16 am »

Small update for the lite Lazy Mac Pack (the one without DFHack and stuff).

Spoiler: "Summary of changes" (click to show/hide)

Note that except for the Tergel 32 fix, all these changes are already in the DFHack version.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:48:11 am by jecowa »

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »

There's apparently some bug with how you compiled stonesense. I'm getting this error being generated in my stderr.log

loading plugin stonesense
dlopen(/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/df_osx v0.43.03/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.dylib, 6): Library not loaded: /Volumes/MacintoshHD/brew-mavericks/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/df_osx v0.43.03/hack/libs/liballegro_ttf.5.0.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: liballegro_ttf.5.0.dylib requires version 18.0.0 or later, but libfreetype.6.dylib provides version 14.0.0
Can't load plugin stonesense

For reference, I have no directory named "brew-mavericks". My path for lazy newb pack is "/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:15:59 pm by Ergzay »

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 06:29:44 pm »

Did some additional debugging. Apparently the bad version is from a libfreetype located in "/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/df_osx v0.43.03/libs". You have some libfreetype.6.dylib built in 2011 that only contains version 14.0.0. This isn't from the actual release and I'm not sure why it's here.

I just deleted the file and the game still appears to run and the error is gone and stonesense now loads. You should delete this file from your package.

Edit: Stonesense doesn't appear to run as it needs the "2D" print mode, but the plugin loads now at least.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:46:34 pm by Ergzay »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 11:43:58 pm »

Did some additional debugging. Apparently the bad version is from a libfreetype located in "/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/df_osx v0.43.03/libs". You have some libfreetype.6.dylib built in 2011 that only contains version 14.0.0. This isn't from the actual release and I'm not sure why it's here.

I just deleted the file and the game still appears to run and the error is gone and stonesense now loads. You should delete this file from your package.

Edit: Stonesense doesn't appear to run as it needs the "2D" print mode, but the plugin loads now at least.

Oh, my goodness, deleting freetype6 works for me too! I had always thought that StoneSense just didn't work in Snow Leopard. I had never been able to run it before now. The screenshots don't do it justice.

I thought I got that freetype library from the latest version of XQuartz, but maybe I got it mixed up with another one at some point. The reason it's included is because (I think) it saves Mountain Lion+ users from having to download the entire XQuartz library. I just tested StoneSense with a 2014 build of freetype 6 from an older version of XQuartz, and it seems to work with that still.

Thanks for the help, Ergzay! I was planning on doing some updates Saturday when I'll have more time to mess around with it.

Edit: I remember now why it's a 2011 build. I looked at the 2016 build and thought, "That's not very many megabytes; it must be an incomplete version." Then I searched my hard drive for the biggest one and included it instead. I'm guessing the 2011 one is bigger because it includes PPC support or something. The latest version of freetypelib from the XQuartz 2.7.9 seems to work fine with StoneSense too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:55:55 pm by jecowa »

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 01:56:08 pm »

Oh, my goodness, deleting freetype6 works for me too! I had always thought that StoneSense just didn't work in Snow Leopard. I had never been able to run it before now. The screenshots don't do it justice.

I thought I got that freetype library from the latest version of XQuartz, but maybe I got it mixed up with another one at some point. The reason it's included is because (I think) it saves Mountain Lion+ users from having to download the entire XQuartz library. I just tested StoneSense with a 2014 build of freetype 6 from an older version of XQuartz, and it seems to work with that still.

Thanks for the help, Ergzay! I was planning on doing some updates Saturday when I'll have more time to mess around with it.

Edit: I remember now why it's a 2011 build. I looked at the 2016 build and thought, "That's not very many megabytes; it must be an incomplete version." Then I searched my hard drive for the biggest one and included it instead. I'm guessing the 2011 one is bigger because it includes PPC support or something. The latest version of freetypelib from the XQuartz 2.7.9 seems to work fine with StoneSense too.

Glad I could help, but I'm not sure you need that. DFHack already contains a libfreetype dylib in its library directory and stonesense should (I think) use that.

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 12:44:46 am »

Okay I don't know what the heck you did, but this program has messed with my system Python install. What the heck does this program do?

I'm trying to run the program livestreamer yet its failing because it's trying to run something inside lazy newb pack. Does your program mess with the system paths somewhere?? ??

livestreamer my-web-url-deleted
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
    from . import urllib3
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from .connectionpool import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 3, in <module>
    import logging
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/logging/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    import sys, os, time, io, traceback, warnings, weakref, collections
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/traceback.py", line 3, in <module>
    import collections
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/collections/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from operator import itemgetter as _itemgetter, eq as _eq
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/operator.so, 2): Symbol not found: _Py_Py3kWarningFlag
  Referenced from: /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/operator.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/operator.so

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/livestreamer", line 7, in <module>
    from livestreamer_cli.main import main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/livestreamer_cli/main.py", line 3, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 61, in <module>
    from .packages.urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    import urllib3
ImportError: No module named 'urllib3'

Edit: This damn software has modified my python system path. If I print sys.path I have '/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS' as one of the path items. You can't do this shit.

Edit2: The program has somehow permanently modified my $PYTHONPATH shell variable to "/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS"

Edit3: Restarting the system seems to have fixed things. You should fix this problem.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:43:55 am by Ergzay »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 02:28:28 am »

Okay I don't know what the heck you did, but this program has messed with my system Python install. What the heck does this program do?

I'm trying to run the program livestreamer yet its failing because it's trying to run something inside lazy newb pack. Does your program mess with the system paths somewhere?? ??

Spoiler: error message (click to show/hide)

Edit: This damn software has modified my python system path. If I print sys.path I have '/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS' as one of the path items. You can't do this shit.

Sorry if it messed with your Python settings. I'm not really sure if it modifies Python paths, but you can see the current source here - PyLNP source code. I hope it wasn't too hard to change your paths back.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 11:41:21 pm »

Edit2: The program has somehow permanently modified my $PYTHONPATH shell variable to "/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS"

Edit3: Restarting the system seems to have fixed things. You should fix this problem.

So restarting puts the paths back to normal without having to do anything else first, right? Thanks for figuring out a temporary work around for this issue.

Pigeot (the lead PyLNP developer) has a good theory for what is causing the Python linking issue and says he will try to get something built that might fix that problem. Thanks again for the help!

Also, for anyone using DFHack, there is a new pack posted with the stable version (dfhack-0.43.03-r1).
You can download it here - (DFHack) Lazy Mac Pack

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 01:43:31 pm »

I should note that I haven't been able to reproduce this bug so it may be a one-time thing that occurs on the first use of the application on the system. I'll make another post if I see it happening again.

Incidentally I should add it also modified the TK_LIBRARY environment variable and the TCL_LIBRARY environment variables.

These were set to:

TCL_LIBRARY=/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/_MEI/tcl
TK_LIBRARY=/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/_MEI/tk
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:49:49 pm by Ergzay »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 06:45:27 pm »

I should note that I haven't been able to reproduce this bug so it may be a one-time thing that occurs on the first use of the application on the system. I'll make another post if I see it happening again.

Incidentally I should add it also modified the TK_LIBRARY environment variable and the TCL_LIBRARY environment variables.

These were set to:

TCL_LIBRARY=/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/_MEI/tcl
TK_LIBRARY=/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/_MEI/tk

Hmm, that does somewhat invalidate my theory...

Essentially, what's happening is that PyInstaller (the program that's being used to package PyLNP to a stand-alone application) sets some environment variables to allow the embedded Python interpreter to look in the right places.

The bug you're describing here means that these environment variables leaked outside the process, which should not normally be possible - the environment that's running PyLNP should only exist for PyLNP.

PYTHONPATH, specifically, was used to tell the Python interpreter where it was located... but since later versions of PyInstaller no longer need to set that, I figured that would be sufficient to handle your bug report.

TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY are being set for similar reasons, but I expected that to happen later - so that they would not be leaked.

Ultimately, this is a bug with PyInstaller, but if it was leaking more than just PYTHONPATH, then I don't know if it'll be fixed by this. However, if it's somehow specific to the first launch, then it at least doesn't appear to be happening with PyInstaller 3.2... which is what I'll be using from now on for Mac builds, so hopefully this won't happen again starting with the next version of PyLNP.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 08:57:20 am »

Just updated the DFHack Lazy Mac Pack with the latest Armok Vision for compatibility DFHack 0.43.03-release1. If Armok Vision wasn't working before for you, then this might fix it. (Keep in mind that Armok Vision won't run on Snow Leopard and under, though, so don't expect this update to make it run if you are using Mac OS X version 10.6 or less.)

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 10:37:54 am »

FYI you included a random stderr.txt in the top level directory this time.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 12:53:40 am »

I can't see any pack that this file is included in. I think that file is automatically generated by the Lazy Newb Pack. It looks like an error log that is maybe expressing dissatisfaction with the way I formatted some JSON files. Maybe I should stop adding my own lines to those files; they're just a really convenient place to add notes. Thanks for the notifying me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18