Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 218863 times)

alanshutko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.03/04)
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2020, 08:35:04 pm »

I just tried this on Catalina, and had some more problems with the quarantine for dwarffort.exe and libfmodex.dylib.

I replaced the xattr commands in the Control-Click and select "Open" command file with

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine .

That removes the quarantine flag on everything in the Lazy Mac Pack directory, and should continue to work whenever other files are added.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.03/04)
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2020, 02:29:26 pm »

Thank you for figuring that out. That's a good idea. More and more stuff keeps having to have its quarantine flag removed with each new version of macOS.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.04)
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2020, 11:58:54 pm »

The DFHack Lazy Mac Pack is updated for 0.47.04 with an alpha build of DFHack with TWBT.

* The "open me" script is set to remove the quarantine from more files for better Catalina support.
 * Updated SoundSense-RS with v1.5.1.
 * The DFHack tab's "pure bugfix" option now runs the fat dwarf fix and the dry buckets fix to prevent fat dwarves from slowing down the game and to allow buckets of water to be emptied and used.
 * The auto fullscreen Retina setup script works on newer Macs now.
 * no more TWBT override errors in Meph graphics packs.

M3thyl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2020, 10:12:19 pm »

Hello jecowa,

Thank you so much for maintaining the Mac LNP.
I just wanted to point out that the link for the "[DFHack] Lazy Mac Pack" on page one of this thread point to the v 44.05 on DFFD.
It took me way to long to figure it wasn't the right version...

Cheers

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2020, 10:31:00 pm »

Thank you for the notice. The link is fixed now.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2020, 06:07:54 pm »

SoundSense-RS never starts.  If I start it manually, it doesn't do anything except crash if I try to load a soundpack.  The only thing I seem to be able to do "successfully" is load the gamelog.txt file if I do that manually.

Last login: Mon Mar  9 18:56:14 on ttys003
Urist:~ Kogan$ /Applications/Lazy\ Mac\ Pack\ v0.47.04\ dfhack-a1/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/SoundSense-RS ; exit;
objc[27393]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff8b151cd0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x112b99cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
thread 'sound_thread' panicked at 'No device name: BackendSpecific { err: BackendSpecificError { description: "core foundation unexpectedly returned null string" } }', src/libcore/result.rs:1188:5
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace.
Abort trap: 6
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

MacOS version is 10.13.6 (which is terminal for this hardware).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2020, 06:59:48 pm »

Thank you for the report. It seems the trouble started with the switch to automated builds. You can use SoundSense version 1.3.4 for now with 10.13 High Sierra. Place the two files in your /Lazy Mac Pack/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/ directory.

prixt

• Bay Watcher
  • has been taken by a fey mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2020, 07:47:04 pm »

SoundSense-RS never starts.  If I start it manually, it doesn't do anything except crash if I try to load a soundpack.  The only thing I seem to be able to do "successfully" is load the gamelog.txt file if I do that manually.

Last login: Mon Mar  9 18:56:14 on ttys003
Urist:~ Kogan$ /Applications/Lazy\ Mac\ Pack\ v0.47.04\ dfhack-a1/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/SoundSense-RS ; exit;
objc[27393]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff8b151cd0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x112b99cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
thread 'sound_thread' panicked at 'No device name: BackendSpecific { err: BackendSpecificError { description: "core foundation unexpectedly returned null string" } }', src/libcore/result.rs:1188:5
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

MacOS version is 10.13.6 (which is terminal for this hardware).

Hello muldrake, I manage SoundSense-RS. Are you using any external audio devices(ex. bluetooth)?
SOUNDSENSE-RS - SoundSense alternative written in Rust

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2020, 08:24:35 pm »

Thanks jecowa for the speedy response.

It now starts automatically (through a different line in the Utilities tab) but still does nothing and crashes slightly differently (this time on attempting to load gamelog.txt).

$ ./soundsense-rs-v1.3.4-osx -p packs -i ignore.txt -l ../../../df_osx*/gamelog.txt
objc[31680]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff8b151cd0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x119e0bcd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: "SendError(..)"', src/libcore/result.rs:1188:5

Hello muldrake, I manage SoundSense-RS. Are you using any external audio devices(ex. bluetooth)?

No Bluetooth but I am using a Samsung LG TV through HDMI.

Not sure if this is interesting:

prixt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2020, 08:58:50 pm »

Thanks jecowa for the speedy response.

It now starts automatically (through a different line in the Utilities tab) but still does nothing and crashes slightly differently (this time on attempting to load gamelog.txt).

$ ./soundsense-rs-v1.3.4-osx -p packs -i ignore.txt -l ../../../df_osx*/gamelog.txt
objc[31680]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff8b151cd0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x119e0bcd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: "SendError(..)"', src/libcore/result.rs:1188:5

No Bluetooth but I am using a Samsung LG TV through HDMI.

Not sure if this is interesting:

This maybe difficult, but could you check if it still breaks if the TV HDMI is disconnected? The sound library I'm using has problems with external sources on OSX.
Crossed out options are there on purpose. Those were removed in recent releases.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2020, 01:28:45 am »

This maybe difficult, but could you check if it still breaks if the TV HDMI is disconnected? The sound library I'm using has problems with external sources on OSX.
Crossed out options are there on purpose. Those were removed in recent releases.

It's only difficult in being slightly physically awkward since the elderly MacBook Pro in question lives under the table and is treated as more or less a desktop with external keyboard/mouse/display/audio. 

However, the 1.3.4 version seems to work, or at least not to crash.  When it started (immediately after embark) it tried to play two sounds simultaneously (the skies have cleared and a season announcement).  The only other sound I got in a brief test was an announcement of metal (metal has been exposed I believe).  Orthoclase didn't merit a sound.

As for soundpacks, do I install those with git clone or just dump the contents of a zipfile into a subdirectory in the packs directory?  I'd prefer something as close as possible to the original SS.

prixt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2020, 02:47:38 am »

It's only difficult in being slightly physically awkward since the elderly MacBook Pro in question lives under the table and is treated as more or less a desktop with external keyboard/mouse/display/audio. 

However, the 1.3.4 version seems to work, or at least not to crash.  When it started (immediately after embark) it tried to play two sounds simultaneously (the skies have cleared and a season announcement).  The only other sound I got in a brief test was an announcement of metal (metal has been exposed I believe).  Orthoclase didn't merit a sound.

As for soundpacks, do I install those with git clone or just dump the contents of a zipfile into a subdirectory in the packs directory?  I'd prefer something as close as possible to the original SS.

Sorry about the inconvenience. :(
It doesn't matter where the soundpack is. Just load the directory the soundpack is in, and soundsense-rs should read the files. Git related files are ignored, it only checks for .xml files and sound files.

prixt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2020, 03:12:30 am »

https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/releases/tag/v1.5.1-macos10.14
Hi, I compiled v1.5.1 using macOS 10.14. Could you try this version and see if it works?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2020, 03:31:11 am »

https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/releases/tag/v1.5.1-macos10.14
Hi, I compiled v1.5.1 using macOS 10.14. Could you try this version and see if it works?

Mostly same behavior.

$ ./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos-10.14
objc[2213]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff850bdcd0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x115b1dcd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

It happily loads gamelog.txt and displays a green success message but crashes on trying to load a pack.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2020, 06:26:11 am »

There seems to be two issues: Not working in macOS 10.13 High Sierra and not working with external audio. These crash logs are from 10.13.6 with built-in audio:

Quote from: error log from built from 10.14 version:
HighSierra-Mac-Air:~ admin$ /Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense\ testing/Lazy\ Mac\ Pack\ v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos-10.14.command ; exit;
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense testing/Lazy Mac Pack v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos-10.14 (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense testing/Lazy Mac Pack v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos-10.14 (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)

/Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense testing/Lazy Mac Pack v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos-10.14.command: line 6: 17306 Abort trap: 6           ./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos-10.14 -l ../../../df_osx*/gamelog.txt -p packs -i ignore.txt
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Quote from: error log from built with github actions version
/Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense\ testing/Lazy\ Mac\ Pack\ v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/SoundSense-RS\ v1.5.1.command ; exit;
HighSierra-Mac-Air:~ admin$ /Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense\ testing/Lazy\ Mac\ Pack\ v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/SoundSense-RS\ v1.5.1.command ; exit;
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense testing/Lazy Mac Pack v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense testing/Lazy Mac Pack v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)

/Volumes/flashdrive/SoundSense testing/Lazy Mac Pack v0.47.04/LNP/Utilities/SoundSense-RS/SoundSense-RS v1.5.1.command: line 6: 17200 Abort trap: 6           ./soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-macos -p packs -i ignore.txt -l ../../../df_osx*/gamelog.txt
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Pretty much identical error logs. They both have a line that say it was built for Mac OS X 10.15. I think the way it works is that if you build it on Mac OS X version n, the earliest version you can run it on is Mac OS X version n-1.

I think there might be a build text file somewhere that says something like "target version 10.15" that you can maybe edit to make it build it for older versions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 06:34:45 am by jecowa »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18