Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 218891 times)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.04)
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2020, 05:28:53 am »

Forgive the newbness, how do you get the .47 of LMP? The link in the beginning does not seem to work.

This link does not work for you? https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12202

LoneIgadzra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2020, 08:23:31 am »

Is it possible to get TWBT to work with the latest version? I note that it is not included, and further investigation revealed getting it to work to be a nightmare for the uninitiated. (It appeared to require a custom Mac build.)

Edit: I'm an idiot! I guess I mean, is it possible to update to a non-beta release of dfhack, now that it's up to r3 (current LMP is b1)? I tried to do it manually to contribute instead of begging for free stuff, and found TWBT and getting around the sandbox to be a nightmare. I have much more respect for the maintainer now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 01:13:53 pm by LoneIgadzra »

radio_breathe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2020, 11:04:35 am »

Anyone else having issues one MacOS 11.1? Seems to be related to PyLNP. It was working fine yesterday. I updated last night and now LNP crashes on launch.

Edit: To add info. Even a fresh download of the LMP will crash on launch.

Edit 2: Dfhack also seems to fail at loading ruby library.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 05:34:58 pm by radio_breathe »

lorenmj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2020, 12:41:23 pm »

Anyone else having issues one MacOS 11.1? Seems to be related to PyLNP. It was working fine yesterday. I updated last night and now LNP crashes on launch.

Same here: See pic for error since I could not copy/paste to/from a closed window.

LoneIgadzra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2020, 10:38:26 am »

Ditto. Something about that patch broke it. Thanks Apple. :-/

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2020, 03:16:03 pm »

Is elpuma's Mac Starter Pack having the same issues?

If not, that or their Pack building script might be an option. It's updated with current DFhack as well.
Team Bug Fix!

radio_breathe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2020, 02:15:19 pm »

Is elpuma's Mac Starter Pack having the same issues?

If not, that or their Pack building script might be an option. It's updated with current DFhack as well.

Interesting. This pack works, but regular PyLNP and the Lazy Mac Pack both fail to launch or crash on launch.

This still seems to have the issue loading Ruby plugins, but I believe that is an issue with DF Hack

novuscentaurius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2020, 08:45:15 pm »

Yeah i'm having the same problems. Thought it was time to update to Big Sur... Big mistake is what it was. I updated PyLNP and that at least let me use the launcher to play df but still, error loading ruby library.

UnfortunateAccidentsRUs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2021, 10:05:22 am »

Tried running on an M1 MacBook with 11.1. Says I don't have permission to Terminalx86.app. I guess it hasn't been updated for ARM. Is that correct?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2021, 09:04:35 pm »

Tried running on an M1 MacBook with 11.1. Says I don't have permission to Terminalx86.app. I guess it hasn't been updated for ARM. Is that correct?

The most recent updates for this Pack are Spring 2020. long before ARM Macs were released.

I know some folks were having good results running Win64 versions in emulation on them early on, though, so you might try that.
Team Bug Fix!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2021, 08:08:13 am »

Someone in another thread was saying the the M1 Macs can run Dwarf Fortress in 11.0 Big Sur but no 11.1 Big Sur.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2021, 06:32:35 pm »

They're updated for Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05, by the way. You can find download links on the original post.

Notes M1 Mac users:
If you are on macOS 11.1 Big Sur or later, Dwarf Fortress probably won't work for you anymore. But tatooine has reported that Dwarf Fortress runs on M1 Macs if you are running macOS 11.0. Hopefully it's still possible to downgrade to macOS 11.0 if Dwarf Fortress doesn't run in the latest version of macOS.

Notes macOS 11 Big Sur users:
Also, Alphum5 has reported that Dwarf Fortress only runs on M1 Macs if you have your Print_Mode set to "TWBT" or "STANDARD".
Edit: Oh, this applies to all Big Sur users. You can't use "Print_Mode: 2D" in Big Sur. You need to use something like "Print_Mode: STANDARD" or "Print_Mode: TWBT", which can be set in the Graphics Tab of the Lazy Newb Pack launcher. source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/k4ylcv/update_dwarf_fortress_on_mac_m1_apple_silicon/gi7j15n/

Notes for macOS 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, and 10.12 Sierra users:
The included version of Dwarf Therapist requires macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. If you are on an earlier version of macOS, though, you can download this Qt5.9.9 version of Dwarf Therapist for macOS 10.10 Yosemite+ to continue to use it.

Future of Lazy Newb Packs:
With the upcoming graphical user interface overhaul of Dwarf Fortress, this could possibly be the last Lazy Mac Pack. Hopefully the user interface improvements will make it easy for players to change Dwarf Fortress settings and safely and easily switch graphics packs. There's not much reason for Lazy Newb Packs outside those. DFHack is easy to install, especially on Mac and Linux. Dwarf Therapist updates automatically now. And the new graphics pack format should make it so that graphics packs don't need to be updated for each new release of Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:17:09 pm by jecowa »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:14 pm »

If Dwarf Fortress does not run on macOS 11.1, why do I get report from users trying to run Dwarf Therapist? https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/issues/240

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:05:54 pm by jecowa »

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2021, 11:27:30 pm »

I'm running DF easily on Big Sur. Had to change the 2D 3D thing, but otherwise works fine. Runs fast, quite frankly. But I don't use the extra packs: It's a vanilla game as always.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18