Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails." Now with 50% more rails.  (Read 3491 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails." Now with 50% more rails.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 08:55:07 am »

Keep following Palm.

"Ah yes, I quite agree with you about the sun... Er, are you sure its safe to be standing there? I don't know much about these trains, but if they're so fast I'd rather not get in their way. Still, if they're so useful I would like to see one."

(Wee, exposition! This guy seems to have experience, so he probably knows about stuff we might like to know.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:45:56 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 11:55:44 am »

Follow the mage

"Get out of the tracks!. I would prefer if our guide doesn't die in a stupid accident!"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 04:55:11 pm »

Follow the rest.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2016, 11:54:09 pm »

(Urgh, didn't even remember I was holding this up. Really sorry, guys.)

"I agree that standing in the path of this 'train' may be... ah, not in your best interest. Not to question your knowledge of this world, of course, but please do be safe."

Follow along and listen attentively.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails."
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 06:50:51 pm »

((Uh, yeah, totally you and not me. Yeah. Heh heh.
I'm simplifying the mechanics.))

"Ah yes, I quite agree with you about the sun... Er, are you sure its safe to be standing there? I don't know much about these trains, but if they're so fast I'd rather not get in their way. Still, if they're so useful I would like to see one."
"Get out of the tracks!. I would prefer if our guide doesn't die in a stupid accident!"
He leaps off of the tracks. "Well I was going to jump on top of it when it passed by, but if you're going to be like that then we may as well just get inside at the station."

He silently sulks to a raised stone platform next to the tracks a few minutes away. The gathered crowed gawks at the group, and a large train quickly arrives.

I didn't think this through. Okay, new plan, follow me.

The ferret runs off along the tracks, which quickly fork to the right and into a large building. A large wooden sign says that this is a train depot. After a quick discussion with a human inside, the group is on a small train, speeding through the countryside. They eventually reach a small town and get off. The town is heavily fortified, with thick stone walls mounted with cannons. Soldiers armed with muskets and pikes stand watch.

This is as far as the train will take us. The lich's castle isn't far from here, probably an hour's run. If he's a standard lich, there will be plenty of undead swarming around. It's near the water, so we might be able to sneak close by swimming, but he might have been experimenting with giant sea monsters.

Spoiler: NRDL/Knix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo/Marquis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Person/Archimedes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling/Aric (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 12:43:41 am »

"I am NOT swimming."

Scout ahead and try finding signs of undead presence.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 12:54:10 am »

"Agreed." Aric's expression momentarily shifts to one of disdain.

Scout in a slightly different direction, checking back in every now and then. If any undead are found, charge at them and turn them to sand.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 06:39:37 am »

"I agree in avoiding the lake but more for the chance of giant monsters than the water, now tell me where I can find the higher ranked person of the military here?"

Find a leader and ask for more information about surroundings. Did they send scouts near the castle?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 11:44:51 am »

"Yes, lets avoid the possible giant water monsters. Well, if you're all going off to scout, I'll keep watch and guard the town."

Give my team mates shields before they all go off in separate directions. Stick around town and ask the people for more information.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 12:18:59 pm »

((Is it too late to join?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:26:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2016, 11:31:01 pm »

Poke.
Pages: 1 2 [3]