Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Everyone is Adventurer [interest check]  (Read 943 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Everyone is Adventurer [interest check]
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:40 am »

I had an idea for playing an adventure mode succession, but like playing the RPG everyone is John. Below are the rules for everybody is John the role playing game not this succession rules.
Spoiler: Everyone is John (click to show/hide)

If you have read the rules you might understand what I was thinking about. Instead of John an adventurer in adventure mode. I will get to writing the rules for Everyone is Adventurer if there is interest.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone is Adventurer [interest check]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:40:45 am »

Wow... Wait, aren't yuo supposed to be running throwback?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:16:39 pm »

This would make such a fun party LARP!  One person draws the short straw and becomes "The Victim", while everyone else becomes "The Voices".

Willpower could be represented as coins such as pennies, or maybe poker chips

Skills and Obsessions: Everyone writes down 3 Obsessions (easy, difficult and batshit crazy) which are jumbled together in a bag or bowl, then everyone writes down 3 "Mundane skills" which are also jumbled in a separate bag or bowl.  Now everyone draws two skills and an obsession, after which anyone who wishes to may pay 3 coins/chips to draw a second skill.

Now play commences, with the Voices all competing to see which one has control (they hold the dice).  The poor sap who is "The Victim" has to do whatever the dominant Voice says, except that "The Victim" has the power to "refuse to listen" to a Voice by not doing whatever that Voice is telling him/her.  Whenever "The Victim" does that, there will be an instant fight for control of the dice again, and whichever "Voice" was rejected gains a victory point. (Which adds an "apples to apples" strategy to the game - do you submit an obsession that this person will actually act on, or will you submit an obsession that they won't and hope you draw it?)

Oh yes... So awesome.  A friend of mine's birthday is coming up, and this is an awesome gift to give to her.  I'm thinking she gets to be "The Victim" as her present.  Oh yes...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:19:27 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 04:21:37 pm »

No I don't run throwback.

Anybody interested in playing this with the adventurer being John?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:26:42 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 01:25:19 pm »

No I don't run throwback.

Anybody interested in playing this with the adventurer being John?
meeeee, this will be hilarious