Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: (SG) Bankruptcy: The Tale of a Demonic Enterprise  (Read 18852 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Bankruptcy: The Tale of a Demonic Enterprise
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 08:25:57 am »

Eat two of the commoner souls
Make the the two dwarf warrior souls into wights, removing personality and memory [-16 AP?]
Make the damaged soul into a scrap [-3 AP]
Train Elementalism [-1 AP]

Best not to draw attention to ourselves just yet I think.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:28:34 am by Demonic Spoon »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 08:36:36 am »

Eat two of the commoner souls
Make the the two dwarf warrior souls into wights, removing personality and memory [-16 AP?]
Make the damaged soul into a scrap [-3 AP]
Train Elementalism [-1 AP]

Best not to draw attention to ourselves just yet I think.
+1
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 08:57:52 am »

Could somebody explain how hexes work and what actually are they? Also I did not know we could train something.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:01:28 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 09:06:04 am »

Could somebody explain how hexes work and what actually are they? Also I did not know we could train something.

Hexes:

Your hex sign allows Hex Weavers to influence the soul of a mortal as long as the effect relates to your domains. If the hex in question decreases the possibilities of the soul to achieve what it wants, or forces it to take other decisions, then it is considered a curse, as you will leech a small portion of soul energy from its lack of fulfillment. If what it does is to increase its capabilities while still allowing its freedom, then it is a blessing, and it will suck out your own energy. Generally a demonic organization sets a ratio of hexes to blessings for a dark mage to get the desired blessings, like "4:1", for example.

It is worth mentioning that you don't know the effects nor the target of the hexes cast in your name, and that can bring some complications if you piss somebody off.

And, quoting the original game (from the mortal's point of view):

Hex Weaving: The base upon which the Dark Arts are built. Every being has its own Hex (also called a True Name or a Hex Sign) that describes it perfectly, and by binding one being's hex (usually that of a demon) to another being's soul the Hex Weaver can work wonders. A Hex is, sadly, too complex for a carbon based mortal mind to retain, so to know a Hex one must have it bound to their soul, or held in some other sort of supernatural storage. Typically important demons include knowledge of their key minions hexes as part of their own hex, so a prospective Hex Weaver can get 2-4 for the price of 1. A Hex Weaver can bind any Hex they know to a being so long as they have phyiscal or emotional contact with that being, or physical contact with an object that being has been in extended physical or emotional contact with. Once a Hex is woven, it can be activated as a curse at any time; Hex Weavers who also have the means to negotiate with demons may also arrange to activate a hex as a blessing. When activating a blessing or a curse, you can give it any non-lethal effect reasonably related to the Hex you are using to place it.

EDIT: training will put progress on the skill at 1 point for each AP spent.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 09:11:24 am »

Still not understand, but it might get to me after a while.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 09:15:05 am »

Okay. Some random human draws a pentagram and summons a demon from hell. He wants the demon to inflict some curses on his enemies, and give him a blessing. The demon says sure, does some mystic demon voodoo to the human, and now the human can do hex magic, putting curses on other people and giving himself blessings. The demons also tells the human he must inflict at least four curses for every blessing he wants.

EDIT: Tomcost, anything useful we can do with the blacksmith wight?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 09:17:26 am »

Okay. Some random human draws a pentagram and summons a demon from hell. He wants the demon to inflict some curses on his enemies, and give him a blessing. The demon says sure, does some mystic demon voodoo to the human, and now the human can do hex magic, putting curses on other people and giving himself blessings. The demons also tells the human he must inflict at least four curses for every blessing he wants.

Ok, understand, but what do we get from this?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 09:18:20 am »

Ok, understand, but what do we get from this?
We get power from curses. Curses are good for us, blessings take some of our energy to power.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 09:20:34 am »

Great, everything understood, now I'm a genius ;D.
Edit: You now what? I think I'm actually stupid. What do we need power for? :D
Edit Edit: I can imagine everyone facepalming right around.... now.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:24:26 am by snow dwarf »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:26 am »

Edit: You now what? I think I'm actually stupid. What do we need power for? :D

Doing actions, fighting off other demons, expanding our business, convincing minor demons to work under us. Also helps to keep at bay that Blitzbeast that may come at any moment to try and steal our souls.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 09:28:14 am »

Ok, right now I think I'm done with demon school.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 10:43:13 am »

What's the AP cost for cleaning a soul?

8 AP: Remove the personality and memories of the Drow Fire Elementalist soul, and turn it into a Wight.
5 AP: Make our Tentacle Demon happy by taking it for walksies (explore).
Remaining AP: Train our Elementalism (Can we get a boost by examining what the Dwarf Elementalist soul knows (without harming it, of course)?).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:04:25 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 11:10:58 am »

Cleaning a soul is the same thing as preparing or processing it. Those are just different terms with the same meaning.

? AP: Remove the abilities of the Drow Fire Elementalist, and graft them onto our own soul (if we can't do that, just make a motion core+abilities Wight out of it (the Fire Elementalist's soul)), if it's reasonably safe to do so.
? AP: Remove the abilities of one of the Dwarven Warriors, and graft them onto the soul of our Tentacle Demon buddy.
Remaining AP: Train our Elementalism (Can we get a boost by examining what the Dwarf Elementalist soul knows (without harming it, of course)?).

You can't transfer knowledge from a soul to a living being, only between souls. You can teach stuff that you already know to mortal who opens your soul to you.

The souls of Demons (and divine beings) are abnormally structured, and so they cannot be altered the same way you can modify mortal souls. In fact, you don't even know if it is possible.

And, as a side note, your tentacle demon would not benefit from the abilities from a humanoid creature. Different body structures would make it impossible for it to learn from something so different. You can prepare souls from a humanoid body to fit any other humanoid body, but, beyond that, you know that you will have to prepare a soul to be a Chimeric Abomination to fit an animalistic or oddly shaped body.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 12:01:19 pm »

Cleaning a soul is the same thing as preparing or processing it. Those are just different terms with the same meaning.

? AP: Remove the abilities of the Drow Fire Elementalist, and graft them onto our own soul (if we can't do that, just make a motion core+abilities Wight out of it (the Fire Elementalist's soul)), if it's reasonably safe to do so.
? AP: Remove the abilities of one of the Dwarven Warriors, and graft them onto the soul of our Tentacle Demon buddy.

You can't transfer knowledge from a soul to a living being, only between souls. You can teach stuff that you already know to mortal who opens your soul to you.

The souls of Demons (and divine beings) are abnormally structured, and so they cannot be altered the same way you can modify mortal souls. In fact, you don't even know if it is possible.

And, as a side note, your tentacle demon would not benefit from the abilities from a humanoid creature. Different body structures would make it impossible for it to learn from something so different. You can prepare souls from a humanoid body to fit any other humanoid body, but, beyond that, you know that you will have to prepare a soul to be a Chimeric Abomination to fit an animalistic or oddly shaped body.
Ah. Action edited.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »

Tomcost, I've used your information index to research the theology of the D:WS 'verse. How much of it does our PC know?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9