Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Intrest check: the ultimate prison  (Read 2338 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Intrest check: the ultimate prison
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »

So, my idea is that in this succession fortress we need to build the ultimate prison, built to withold a single, evil entity. Said entity cannot get out. We can accomplish this by breacking into !!FUN!!, or the caverns. But this fortress needs to be the greatest, most secure prison ever. Then, when we decide that it is done, we abandon it, and lead a curious adventurer into it... And end the world.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Intrest check: the ultimate prison
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:39:37 pm »

So, my idea is that in this succession fortress we need to build the ultimate prison, built to withold a single, evil entity. Said entity cannot get out. We can accomplish this by breacking into !!FUN!!, or the caverns. But this fortress needs to be the greatest, most secure prison ever. Then, when we decide that it is done, we abandon it, and lead a curious adventurer into it... And end the world.

Would dwarves be a suitable canditate for the Ultimate Evil which we are trying to contain?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »

Hmm.... Demons... Strawberries....

Constructed wall=indestructibly prison.

But really, I think it should be made that the captured entity can get out, via smashing bridges for example.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 01:12:23 am »

Would dwarves be a suitable canditate for the Ultimate Evil which we are trying to contain?
Well, we would need a dwarf who, for rp or other reasons, would probably end the world if let out.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 01:49:22 am »

Hmm.... Demons... Strawberries....

Constructed wall=indestructibly prison.

But really, I think it should be made that the captured entity can get out, via smashing bridges for example.
No, an adventurer would be a much more hilarious thing to free it. But it needs to be a teensy bit OTT as well. Like, with a huge gate with three doors and hundreds of thousands of traps. And then... The world will end.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:23:27 pm »

i am the evil one, i shall end the world

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 12:05:05 am »

i am the evil one, i shall end the world
Good enough fer me. I'll start it when i have the time.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 04:54:41 am »

There needs to be more specific rules though.  It's too easy to make an area inescapable.

How about you need to keep the entity trapped, but they cannot remain in the same part of the fort twice?  Every year you have to transport them to a new place.

Or perhaps... The entity could be a modded creature, a horrible...indestructible...bloodsucking...demon...cow.  You need to keep it alive by feeding it grass.  And it goes murderously insane on the full moon.  And if you don't milk it often enough, it also goes insane.

It is possible to create such a creature.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 11:09:49 am »

Good idea. Off you go, mod that in.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 11:22:28 am »

There needs to be more specific rules though.  It's too easy to make an area inescapable.

How about you need to keep the entity trapped, but they cannot remain in the same part of the fort twice?  Every year you have to transport them to a new place.

Or perhaps... The entity could be a modded creature, a horrible...indestructible...bloodsucking...demon...cow.  You need to keep it alive by feeding it grass.  And it goes murderously insane on the full moon.  And if you don't milk it often enough, it also goes insane.

It is possible to create such a creature.
Maybe... Not. I'll do some modding to create the most horrible, evil, instead of eyes it has jaws, lots of tentacles, makes dwarves that go too close to it mad, evil, demonic horror. I amn't saying that a demon cow isn't a good idea, it's just that, i want something that would actually give little children nightmares. Indestructable, yes. God of everything wrong with this world, YES, but cows cindof ruin that feeling of actual, pire dread that comes with seeing a tentacle demon with many eyes, except that instead of eyes, it has extra jaws. Now that is absolutely terrifying.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 11:29:21 pm »

I didn't mean a cow specifically, but rather using cow-like mechanisms to ensure that you can't just lock it in a hole and be done with it; you need to milk it and/or feed it occasionally as well.

It's simple enough to make a creature that dies if you don't milk it, but something that causes your own dwarves to die or go insane even if it's locked away...hm.  Might be possible with ranged interactions... Though I'm not sure if they still work in this version.  Will need to test...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 01:46:17 am »

I didn't mean a cow specifically, but rather using cow-like mechanisms to ensure that you can't just lock it in a hole and be done with it; you need to milk it and/or feed it occasionally as well.

It's simple enough to make a creature that dies if you don't milk it, but something that causes your own dwarves to die or go insane even if it's locked away...hm.  Might be possible with ranged interactions... Though I'm not sure if they still work in this version.  Will need to test...
My idea is that it cannot die. It will corrupt dwarves, who will try to set it.. Free?! That's brilliant! It can be a necromancer as well! Ooooooooh... This will be hard...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 02:33:23 am »

Mod in Armok.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Armok

Trap him in the prison. When he is freed, well, shit happens.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 02:57:58 am »

Mod in Armok.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Armok

Trap him in the prison. When he is freed, well, shit happens.
But- ... We worship Armok! I know exactly who is this monster, and you will all find out in due course. You will be very surprised to see my idea. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHimborednao.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 04:25:57 am »

You can't make dwarves try to free it.  You can make them go berserk though.

The tricky part is coming up with a system where you can't just lock it away and ignore it.  Perhaps if it generates a psychic effect that occasionally causes a random dwarf to go berserk unless you serve it in some way.  Milk it?  Feed it living victims?  Allow it to suck blood?

The other question is how to get it into the fort in the first place.  I was thinking of a domestic animal, but then traders or migrants might bring more of them...
Pages: [1] 2