Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tips for Embarking ?  (Read 1350 times)

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tips for Embarking ?
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:21:54 am »

I plan to play with every beast/race enabled, and I need help on how I should embark. I also plan to live in a terrifying biome.
I know. It's suicide.
yikes

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for Embarking ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:40:49 am »

The terrifying biome is probably the worst part of all that, for the same reasons as in vanilla.  Get underground fast and stay there until you know the specific evil effects of your biome.

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:55:29 am »

The terrifying biome is probably the worst part of all that, for the same reasons as in vanilla.  Get underground fast and stay there until you know the specific evil effects of your biome.
I've been trying all day to get a reanimating biome but it isn't working. :(
Countless amounts of cats have been slaughtered just to find that they don't reanimate.
yikes

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 04:57:44 pm »

Countless amounts of cats have been slaughtered just to find that they don't reanimate.
You don't need to slaughter cats to test this. Just unpause and look at the animals that show up. If they're undead, you've got a reanimating biome. If you have multiple biomes you can't be so sure, because you might get live animals from a non-reanimating biome first.

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 05:00:08 pm »

You don't need to slaughter cats to test this. Just unpause and look at the animals that show up. If they're undead, you've got a reanimating biome. If you have multiple biomes you can't be so sure, because you might get live animals from a non-reanimating biome first.
Yeah I've tried that. It seems that a lot of undead is in my territory from other areas. When I slaughter cats, skin only came alive once and I've been in that embark area now.
yikes