Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Update 1.03 - ORCS! Inventor & Handpump for dwarves, 100+ new items, FPS scripts  (Read 18591 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tell us what your trying to gen? There are varied enough settings that without details, we can't really propose solutions.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not even sure what would cause this, I haven't really changed anything relating to vegetation. At first it was subregions, but I set the subregions to max, and that stopped, and then this vegetation thing started. The settings I use are exactly like 1.02 and I never had a problem there, so I don't know what I've done wrong.

EDIT: I let it run for 2 hours earlier while I was out and it never went through, so I'm clearly missing something important and it's not just bad luck
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that's an interesting error, but your still not telling us what your genning. A preset like Medium Region? Something you built yourself? What civs are turned on? I typically just do medium region and it hasn't given me any errors.

In lieu of data, you might try browsing http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Advanced_world_generation

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hours of trial and error and I still can't figure out how to get world gen to work. I'm not doing anything different from 1.02.

You have to explain what your doing. If nothing can be discerned from what your doing, then the next thing we can look at is the options your running with.

For example are you using the: create a world option, or using design a world using advanced parameters? Saying I'm not doing anything different from 1.02. might come across that you've loaded a old profile that no longer works with 1.03, its a needle in a haystack we've no idea.

On a side note, I did have an issue popping up saying that I didn't have enough sub regions(100+reject) in 1.03 on old adv par large region. I've changed to medium region since then so no idea if it still persists.
LP'er

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Working fine for me.  Either basic medium region or advanced medium island, nothing changed from defaults.  All default civs (orcs and dwarves playable) plus 3 Fort defense races.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

your still not telling us what your genning

Sorry, sorry. I'm genning large region with about 60 civs (I usually turn it up higher because I have a lot of trouble getting anyone to siege me otherwise), but beyond "large region with a few more civs" I haven't changed anything. I have all invaders enabled except for jotuns, minotaurs, nightwings, spider fiends, and harpies enabled. Only night creatures and titans are disabled on civs. It sounds like a lot but it ran fine in the old version. Caverns, rainfall, everything else is untouched. I guess I'll try medium region and see if that works.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

My guess -- 60 is too many civs, the first ones are taking up all the fertile land, and the latter ones are failing. 

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess so, in the old version I went all the way up to 150 civs and it genned without a hitch - not sure what changed

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile

That doesnt sound right.....Cause I'm genning 60-70 civs, (usually the base10 plus 10-12 Fort Defense Civs) on a medium region, and I can get worlds genning reliably to 250 years, and a Max of 400 or so years (though I often cap at 150 due to kobolds dying out after that long). I've never hit that sort of error. :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Kars, I enabled the werebeasts, necromancers and nightcreatures civs as skulking civs again, that changed. Maybe they muck things up.

Urlance Woolsbane, I had a look at the save. You have fire-snake pets, which are vermin and therefore under the item section. They are selected automatically at embark, and burn their animal trap and cause !FUN!.

chaosfiend, no changes on jack rats.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't know if this is 1.03 related but just had my first necro/undead siege on my first spring. I have the new feature enabled that allows undead to decay? I look away for like 3 minutes waiting for my impending doom preparing some emergency traps etc and go and check on there progress, and I can't find any of them on the map, there are corpses registered but I can't find the corpses, so I'm worried if its the new feature causing this, they're definitely not on the unit listing :S
LP'er

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have had a couple of dead walk sieges where they leave right away. I think the necromancer measures relative numbers and bails if he is outnumbered, because if its just a few guys they flee, but if he brings a horde they stick around.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh they outnumbered me 2 to 1 :S It wasn't a go on the map and leave siege I've had them, I think they're magically vanished but the siege tag isn't going away.

Edit: Well It's decided to bugger off now so, its been a month and a bit hummm....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:53:34 am by zakhad »
LP'er

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noticing the downside to enabling all them weapon mods, Hummm.... I have a very very large selection of arrows/bolts to assign to my military ammunition :(
LP'er

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

fast body rot seems to go really fast, it's actually really hard for me to get a good leather economy going. This happening for anyone else?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5