Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Update 1.03 - ORCS! Inventor & Handpump for dwarves, 100+ new items, FPS scripts  (Read 18816 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

fast body rot seems to go really fast, it's actually really hard for me to get a good leather economy going. This happening for anyone else?
I'd assume so. Its 1-3 months till everything is gone.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we edit the duration ourselves? I also thought that they expire way too quickly, food is fine but leatherworking/bones are a bit too fast for my taste.
LP'er

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since this is the newest version, figured this would be the best place to post. I noticed that when the Mayday graphics pack is loaded, the d_init and inorganic_other files are replaced with 34.11 versions; so the tiles for trees are nonexistent and quicklime/milk of lime disappear. Small thing, but better to put it on your radar  ;)

Keep up the good work Meph!  :D :D
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

All my silk and yarn made cloth is "Hammer and anvil embroidery-" or "Sword and Spear embroidery-" cloth, where it probably should be "tunnel tarantula-" or "yak yarn-" or "squiggly beast yarn-" etc.  Straight out of the loom, not cloth crafts.

Standardized everything off, Small things off, Procedual Decorations on.

edit:  Now that a couple years have passed I'm seeing more regular materials in my cloth pile.  This one is definitely puzzling me -- my only guess is that around the embark site they initially had found some webs laid by CREATURE:RINGS_ANVIL and CREATURE:SPIKES_SWORDS.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:40:43 am by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Orcish Bloodsteel and a couple other minor things don't work because REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD isn't defined -- in Old Masterwork this was applied in [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] in material_template_default.txt. 

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile

How exactly does the fluid caster work? I have obsidian and magma-safe containers, but can't get any of the options to go green. Same with water, I have plenty of things to store the water in, but none of them are being recognized.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How exactly does the fluid caster work? I have obsidian and magma-safe containers, but can't get any of the options to go green. Same with water, I have plenty of things to store the water in, but none of them are being recognized.
You build a handpump. It takes any barrel/bucket to fill with water, or steel barrel/bucket to fill with magma. These are used in the fluid caster as reagent.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lokyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I played around a bit with the orcs and i got two "bugs":

The raider's drydock creat weapon kit doesn't seem to work with higher quality weapons (i have a save with 100+ iron weapons of all sorts/qualities and it keep cancelling/Not starting).

Molten pit steel/pig iron workflow orders take iron bars as input (if iron gets below the lower limit, it starts steel and pig iron production). I can export muh save if you want to.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I don't think quality even can affect reaction reagents (unless there's some DFHackery going on that shouldn't be), so yes a save to debug the weapon kits might be helpful.

We'll double check the reactions for Molten Pit but i don't know the first thing about Workflow.

lokyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have a save (have never passed along saves so this might be wrong): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5pvzlwdukf47s65/AAD4O-kVj_kqCLFgJpLANrNxa?dl=0
I have a weapon/coins/armour stockpile near the Drydock full of weapons.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Got it thanks, will have a look in a few hours.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Hi Lokyar,

(1) I confirmed the Drydock wasn't working immediately on loading your save, but just did a "workflow unlimit-all" and then the Drydock had no trouble gathering weapons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I guess this one was a user error and you had accidentally placed some constraint that was stopping it.  But, if you have further info please let me know.

(2) I understand what causes your second problem, it is the result of sort of a placeholder that we used in patching the mod to new version.  The Molten Pit is not quite as material efficient than the dwarven batch furnaces and instead creates randomly a bit of reusable residual junk material.  In Old Masterwork, this waste slag included "Rusty Iron" which is a material that no longer exists in New Masterwork, and so to maintain compatibility this was just replaced for now with "Iron".  But, this isn't a good permanent fix, so we will update that somehow. Thanks for catching it.

(edit) P.S.  I appreciate the save, since it lets me play around with a fort that already has a lot of stuff set up.  I don't have so much time to run long multiyear forts so it's pretty helpful.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:18:12 am by smakemupagus »

lokyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

two more things:

Shortcut for "open riches from the mountainhomes (ctrl m) also open the mechanical links submenu.

Ancient foundry seems really hard to get relatively to the benefit it will bring, i have been going for 4 years now and have been raiding a reasonable amount (enough to have been able to clad everyone in adamantine if i focussed my energy there) and have yet to see an ancient foundry blueprint. This might be because I am unlucky i admit and requires more testing.

Another quick question: when should I get access to the huscarl squad?

edit: ctrl s also opens a weird menu (succubus loot)

edit v2: assault dark tower and assault treasure fleet have the same hotkey (Capital T) and Succubus raiding and raid Merchant fleet are both capital S.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:21:05 pm by lokyar »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Cool, thanks for catching the hot keys stuff.

Yeah, it is some kind of error that the Huscarl is available on embark (in Old Masterwork it would be after you're elevated to a clanholding).  I don't know if it's a typo or if the there has been a change in the way Nobles work in newer DF that I haven't learned about yet.

I'll look into A.F. drop rates -- well, into the whole raid loot tables, so any other feedback is welcome too.  Maybe the blueprint is really missing or typo'd.  But it will probably remain very rare, Deep Bronze is really powerful. I know overall the balance feels a little off now, in part because there are currently no other very rare blueprints.

lokyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering I'm busy raiding anyway: there are not options to unpack warlock/dark tower loot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5