Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Update 1.03 - ORCS! Inventor & Handpump for dwarves, 100+ new items, FPS scripts  (Read 18587 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.03 - Updated 27th May 2016 - For DF.42.06 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New Update - V1.03 !

Notes:
Every Friday a new release. :) This time I added options for some FPS-savings dfhack scripts, over 100 new armors and weapons thanks to 3 different item packs by LiberCeli, Grimlocke and Stalhansch; all optional of course. I fixed several reported bugs, two crash sources, but still have to figure out how standardized materials and butchering historic figures goes hand in hand. Some misc kobold fixes too.

There are two new workshops for dwarves, the inventors workbench and the handpump.

Inventors workbench:
Takes any item, armor, weapon, shield, ammo, etc; and makes a copy of it of a material of your choice. Sounds trivial, but it allows to reverse-engineer foreign items, which you have looted from invaders or bought from caravans. You like that orcish tomahawk, the goblin whips or succubi pitchfork? Now you can copy them, once you have access to one of their kind.

Handpump:
Must be build next to water or magma! It can store water or magma in barrels or buckets. Sounds simple, but is a massive change. For once you can store and stockpile water, building a reserve for bad times. Water in barrels also counts as a drink, so dwarves will drink water from your stockpiles now! Thats great for winter embarks or when you are low on booze. I might also use this workshop to enable liquid spawning in future, when you take a magma barrel and dump 7/7 magma somewhere else, for your magma forges. The orcs already have that feature.

A special thanks to Chaosfiend and DwarfElephantMonster for their bug reports, they really helped. :)

And now the big addition: ORCS!

Orcs are playable now, with their own castes, pets, weapons, armors, workshops and furnaces. Almost every features of the old mod has been ported, some improved. The only one missing is the magic, which Smakemupagus wants to rewrite. A total of 60 workshops and over 700 jobs are included. They also have a new way of handling captives: Dwarves, Humans and Elves can be released as civ-members, which do labors for you. Goblin, Kobold or Ogre migrants can be bought as well.

This means you can send your throw-away goblin troups at the enemy, while your elven captives have to fight in an arena; being watched by your ogre sheriff. :)

Orcsby Smakemupagus
Proud warrior race with good fighters and an industry based on raiding and resulting slave labor; their units equipped with either well-made handcrafted wargear; or shoddy mass-produced makeshift arms and armors.

Workshops & Furnaces
Tribal Warcrafter
Fletcher
Boneforge
Orcish Factory
Molten Pit
Blacksmoke Furnace
Damasc Forge
Ashlander Glassblower
Ancient Foundry

Raiders Drydock
Freelancers Guild

Handpump
Fluid Caster

Dismemberment Theater
Blood Bowl Pitch
Sparring Pit

Ghetto Overseer
Dwarf Labor Cell
Elf Labor Cell
Human Labor Cell

Goblin Sawmill
Goblin Quarry
Goblin Tinkerer
Goblin Muckraker

Kobold Poisoner
Kobold Thief
Kobold Textile Hut
Kobold Bonescrimmer

Caravanserai General Bazaar
Caravanserai Farmers Market
Caravanserai Arms Dealer
Caravanserai Shadowbroker

Auxill Outpost
Orc Outpost
Human Outpost
Dwarf Outpost
Elf Outpost

Screenshots:
Spoiler: new GUI options (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: orc features (click to show/hide)

Features & Balancing V1.03
- Added FPS-improving options that also make the game harder: Decaying food and clothing.
- Added FPS-improving options that also make the game easier: Decaying refuse, corpses and undead.
- Added Grimlockes Historic Arms and Armors mod.
- Added LiberCelis Terrible Weapons mod.
- Added Stalhansch Arms and Armoury mod.
- Added Inventors Workbench. It can make copies of foreign items you looted from invaders or bought from caravans.9
- Fixed map-reveal/flood bug from Open-Legends script (Great Archive)
- Made Weight-Bench 10x more effective.
- Sorted workshop menu, to make it a bit more easy on the eyes. Standardized Workshop names to X's Shop.
- Added Handpump. Stores water/magma in barrels/buckets.
- Fixed wear on buildmaterials of kobold training workshops.
- Gem weapons&armor are now as good as iron-grade metal.
- Added vanilla non-square Ascii set to tileset options.
- Kobolds can butcher sentient creatures again, like killed invaders.

Future plans: I'm a bit on the fence about the werebeast, titan, nightcreature civs. While originally a nice idea, they really muck things up in Adv-Mode due to their sites (towns full of them), and in Fort-Mode due to their mercenaries, scholars and bards that come visit, toppling statues, razing buildings, etc.

I might have to remove them and make "normal" civs again for those. :/

Community feedback: Last weeks poll was about playable races. Humans did win, but Orcs were leading for a long time, so by the time the humans overtook them, I'd already started on the orcs. This weeks poll said that 50% think dwarves have enough content, while 50% want more content for them. This means I will put in a little bit more; rune magic and golems. Steam engine and explosives. High-end things.

This weeks poll is about farmable wood. Yes, No?

Patreon: There are a couple of new supporters this week, bringing the total count up to 21 patrons of Masterwork DF. Thanks! Patron rewards will be released on the 1st of each month. Consider adding $1 to the pool, if every player would do that, I could do this full-time. ;)

Cheers,
Meph

Edit: The first 20-ish people or so had a file called item_z_ammo_orcfort.txt. Please delete it; it contains duplicates of 4 ammo types. I uploaded the mod again without that file once I noticed, but some people already downloaded the version with said file.

Edit2: For the kobold players that have no pets; add this to your onload.init.

Code: [Select]
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SHALSWAR -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SHALSWAR -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste FEMALE

I also discovered the crash source when butchering historic-figures. Its "standardized bones", which I turned off by default now. Currently re-uploading the mod, with the changes.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:43:21 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Downloads it before reading this post

Man that is some nice couple of content items, I didn't mean to be snarky :P It's just that this mod is that good :) The hand pump is definitely a major game changer, and I wonder if the inventor's will make duplicate large armor's for the merc's fodder easier hummm ^_^ No longer needing separate forges for each size of armor!

The Removal of clothes/food will be really useful and definitely more immersive imho. Decaying undead, will the effect be nullified if a necromancer is about?

Could you explain how weight benches work? I've made a topic about it but it seemed no one either knew or didn't understand what I wrote. There appears to be two toggle states and one functioning repeatable labor, so you would pick one stat group you'd want to raise, and then enable the repeatable labour and assign it to only that dwarf?

And who don't like orcs !?!

Edit: Having posting problems.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:57:11 am by zakhad »
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No longer needing separate forges for each size of armor!
the copies should be dwarf sized.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry mepth I've been messing up my posts I didn't mean to double post, I edited my post but it didn't come through, and instead I quoted myself.

Edit: Have repoted the extra post to be deleted.
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No worries, can happen to anyone. No need to ask Toady to delete it, he is only one guy and has to manage everything. ;)

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's only 1 moderator ?!

Couple of links for anyone who's interested in the side mods that have been added

Grimlockes Historic Arms and Armors mod.   
Stalhansch Arms and Armoury mod.
LiberCelis Terrible Weapons mod

Edit - Learning how to use forum text links :P

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:46:35 am by zakhad »
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Links are also in the GUI; each mod names author and links to the bay12 thread. Terrible weapons by liberceli: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144493.0

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile

Awesome! Glad to see this update. I know a friend that was dearly missing the Orcs and had been waiting a fair while for an update.

Also, I'm so glad you made those Kobold Fixes. I loved being able to get an influx of food with every invasion, as well as having Animal folk for snacks. Also the Trap Parkour and Training room fixes are much appreciated. Sucked that I could not use those to their full ability prior.

Question about the weapons though. Which races all get access to the weapons? There a chance the added weapons packs might become restricted at some point by race, at least to a small degree? Just a casual glance tells me some of the weapons are not exactly 'dorfy', either maybe being a bit too unwieldy, or a bit odd for dwarven use.

One example would be the Scythes, and the 'meathook and chain', seem that they would be far more suited for a Necromancer and his undead to be wielding.

Another would be maybe limiting the Dwarven Access to some of the Polearms, (ones you swing/chop), as some of these would be unwieldy for shorter creatures, and harder to use in the tight confines of a Tunnel battle.

And the final little thing, I'm curious on how things are coming along with adding some of of those totem additions, like Totemhammers, and Totem Graves.

With my two cents spent now, I'm eager to explore the mod and its new fun!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Question about the weapons though. Which races all get access to the weapons?
Currently only dwarves. I can add it as options to any race though; maybe I'll do that in a future update.

And the final little thing, I'm curious on how things are coming along with adding some of of those totem additions, like Totemhammers, and Totem Graves.
When I write more kobold content, these will be in. but its not good for my productivity to randomly jump between different features and races, it makes testing harder.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I write more kobold content, these will be in. but its not good for my productivity to randomly jump between different features and races, it makes testing harder.

Fie and curses...I shall have to wait longer for my 'bold update.

Oh, and another thing, did you check out that bug with the Spike ball trap components that I spoke about? Where they were not registering as trap components?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh, and another thing, did you check out that bug with the Spike ball trap components that I spoke about? Where they were not registering as trap components?
not yet.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um, Quick hotfix might be needed Meph. I just tried a KObold Embark, and Kobolds are missing all their base animals. I'm only able to get animals they eventually discover through World Gen.

EDIT: Yeah, definately, after 3 world Gens, NONE of them have jack rats, or Helmet snakes, or any other of the 'base' creatures.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:04:29 am by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Um, Quick hotfix might be needed Meph. I just tried a KObold Embark, and Kobolds are missing all their base animals. I'm only able to get animals they eventually discover through World Gen.

EDIT: Yeah, definately, after 3 world Gens, NONE of them have jack rats, or Helmet snakes, or any other of the 'base' creatures.
argh. Boltgun send me files, overwriting the current AddPetToCiv entries. :/

It only affects kobolds, thats why I didnt notice.

Just add this to the onload.init:
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SHALSWAR -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste FEMALE

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste FEMALE

Huzzah! Helping with obsessing over kobolds. :D

Thanks for the Hotfix Meph

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait.....Um, Meph. Double Check your Hotfix there.....bit of a problem mate.

AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS [-race RAT_KOBOLD -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS-race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS-race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste FEMALE

KObolds right now only get MALES, and you gave the female animals to the succubi. XD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:29:23 am by chaosfiend »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5