Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: SPACETIME YOGAQUEST - Turn 3.7 - update 16th Feb  (Read 26273 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 2.0
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2016, 11:31:08 am »

"The Palkinator. Whoa, dude. That's, like..." Jarvis points at his head, making an explosion gesture by unfolding his fist. "Like, whoa. Boom."

"Look, dude," he turns to Mitchell with a shell-shocked look, raising his other, gerbil-encrusted hand. "That was, like... you know? And now we're," he gestures at the explosion, whirling his hand while searching for a word. "Yeah, you know?"

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling, yeah. Shiver. Deploy unerring fist of justice when appropriate.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2016, 06:57:42 am »

"Mister Mister! The communists attacked your wife! She needs you out here right now to defend her life and her freedom!"

Attempt to convince Armed Dad to go outside. If Armed Dad becomes hostile towards either myself or one of my compatriots, use peacock pose on him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2016, 02:35:21 pm »

((So sorry, missed this entirely! You should have prodded me with a long pole earlier. D:))

"We're here for justice! Your son is a bully! A bully of freedom! This will not stand, so we, uh, anyway the point is we're servants of justice and you probably shouldn't shoot at servants of justice."

Diplomacy, kind of?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2016, 04:24:16 pm »

FUCK IT, I'M IN

Name: Lillian Pushkinski
Colour: PM'D
Bio: Lillian was born in the great land of America after her parents immigrated there from Soviet Union. It's a big long story that she hates telling because she's written about it so many times for assignments at school. She's pretty sure her teachers are getting sick of it too.

Her parents were both in the military back home. They ended up moving in the first place because they were sick of fighting in the cold, and would much rather fight in warmer places, like Iraq. Or Florida. Preferably Florida.

At 12 years old, Lillian didn't care too much for her parents' violent natures, so she decided to take up a less...combative hobby. Unfortunately, her parents wanted her to learn to defend herself, so she had to find a compromise. Then...she found YOGA. It intrigued her. Delicate, yet...POWERFUL. It was beautiful. She was enticed immediately, even convincing her dad to buy her a yoga mat. And her parents could never have been prouder of their little Малышка.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:26:58 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2016, 04:17:41 am »

I'd better start on the update then? This time yesterday I was knee deep in bog, covered in slime and about to sweat up a 45 degree slope. Work is comparatively disappointing so perhaps some Yogic ultraviolence can raise my joy back up.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - (not an update yet so don't bother checking!)
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:27 am »

Hopefully! Take your time with writing my dude, write when you feel like writing. If you're feeling a bit down and you think doing some writing will help you...well, not feel a bit down, then hell yeah you should update ASAP.

But if you're just...not feeling it right now, just take your time. Things will pass, including the bog, slime, and sweating up slopes. This is a pretty good game so we'll be sticking around for a good while. Whenever you update, we'll be ready!  ;D
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2016, 09:05:35 pm »

PTW this shits awesome
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2016, 02:44:11 am »

This could update once a year and it would be completely worth it. Let the turns come when they may.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Yes.
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2016, 07:58:12 am »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA… APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HUNDRED AND FIVE HOURS

Turn 2.1

”Who the hell are you?”

"Look, dude," says Jarvis, ignoring the armed man rushing in and still talking to Mitchell, "That was, like... you know? And now we're…"

The Yogaka tries to invent words with his arms to express the awesomeness of the Yogic world.

He seems to fail.

"… Yeah, you know?"

”Uh? No?”

The armed man gets a little more aggressively pointy with his shotgun.

”I said, who the hell are you?”

"We're here for justice!" shouts Edith, bravely, "Your son is a bully! A bully of freedom! This will not stand, so we, uh, anyway the point is we're servants of justice and you probably shouldn't shoot at servants of justice."

”Probably shouldn’t, or definitely shouldn’t? I mean, girl, you’re invading my home, and this eejit is waving his hands at my son, and perhaps I’m feeling a little emotionally unstable since my wife just threw a perfectly good chicken in the trash before being exploded in half by a communist, and perhaps if I shot you all I could just blame it on the communists, right? Shit.”

Mr Chad Jackson hasn’t been so eloquent in years.

Diplomacy, kind of?

[6] "Er, I suppose you could? Please don’t?"

”Ha! No. No. I think it’s Mitchell who needs shooting.”

He lines his shotgun up at his son.

”He’s a bully of freedom – un-American. He’s probably even a co-“

"Mister Mister!" interrupts Wensley, saving the bully’s life, " The communists attacked your wife! She needs you out here right now to defend her life and her freedom!"

Attempt to convince Armed Dad to go outside. If Armed Dad becomes hostile towards either myself or one of my compatriots, use peacock pose on him.

[6] ”What? I’s fairly sure she’s dead, son. I saw her sliced in two by a flying automobile door. Jesus H Christ – and still the communists try to violate her freedom? Come on boy,” he says, lowering his shotgun and grabbing Mitchell Jackson, ”Get the junior shotgun. Hell no, get your mother’s AK, this is wartime. You too, boys and girls. Girl. Get yourselves a gun from the garage and come out here with me.”

The four Yoga students stand there, not quite sure what is going on. Another car explodes outside.

”I said, come outside with me, dammit. Are you going to let them Russians get all communist with my dead wife? Are you? Are you communists, or Americans?”

He raises his shotgun again.

”Well, dammit?”

"Uh. Not a communist?"

”Right. So grab a goddamn gun from the garage and come fight like men.”

Mr Chad Jackson points his shotgun at the four students, signalling towards the garage with his manly American chin. Jarvis Palkin shivers under his steely and possibly slightly unhinged gaze.

Yogic defense maneuver, stat!

[3] Suddenly Fisk breaks out his most adequate Yogic defensive move! He stands there like a cross between a tortoise and a mountain carved into the shape of a vintage US president.

”What the hell do you think you are doing son, ballet? Is that French? Grab a damn gun before I shoot you all for desertion and foreignness.”

Just then the sound of sirens appears in the not so distant distance.

”Quick, kids. Communist infiltrators. You’ve seen that film, right? This is gonna be like that. Arm yourselves or die!”

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling, yeah. Shiver. Deploy unerring fist of justice when appropriate.

Jarvis feels that this may not necessarily be the appropriate moment to deploy his unerring fist of justice. Maybe when the madman is not pointing a gun at him?

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 2.1
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2016, 08:05:31 am »

Go take a gun.

Wait until he's no longer paying attention, then make a run for it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:24:29 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2016, 11:18:18 am »

"Whoa."

You mean I get to hold a gun? Like, a real one?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2016, 09:36:48 am »

"Sir, you are a true American patriot."

Grab a gun from the garage, preferably something american made. If no american made guns are available, just pick a gun at random.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2016, 07:21:04 pm »

Edith is not sure if this man is a protagonist or villain or what. Her trashy novels have not prepared her for these levels of patriotism.

"I guess... he means well...?"

She makes it into the garage before realizing those explosions, much like the hole into their house and exploded gerbil, are probably Yogically related.

Well... grab a gun and follow the insane patriot, I guess. No need to be rude.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: SPACETIME YOGAQUEST - Turn 2.2
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:38 am »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA… APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HUNDRED AND SEVEN HOURS

Turn 2.2

"Whoa."

"Sir, you are a true American patriot."

”Thank you boy. Let’s go be true American patriots together, eh.”

"Whoa."

Mr Chad Mitchell strides out of the house with his shotgun and his son, ready to take on the fake communist police for the glory of President Reagan.

Then he strides back in, muttering something about there being more than he expected, and quickly pulls down a pair of the M16s from his gun rack, and strides back out again.

"Whoa."

"I guess... he means well...?"

Well... grab a gun and follow the insane patriot, I guess. No need to be rude.

[1] Edith is the first to act, with the boys all apparently somewhat too occupied with thinking that this is awesome to actually be awesome themselves. Somewhat cautiously, and more out of a sense of politeness than of patriotic American resistance, she heads to the weapons rack, and panics a little, faced with the overwhelming choice.

She finally settles for what seems to be a large broomstick with an American flag stapled to the end. She walks out behind the madman with guns.

Grab a gun from the garage, preferably something american made. If no american made guns are available, just pick a gun at random.

[2] Richard stares with awe and wonder at the gun rack, full of American made guns. Pistols. Revolvers. Assault rifles. Shotguns. It’s amazing. He spies what is clearly a handmade by American hands spear. Visions of Yogically stabbing Communists through the face with a genuine American spear flash through his overexcited brain.

He takes it and walks out, feeling like a man for the first time in his life.

Go take a gun.

Wait until he's no longer paying attention, then make a run for it.

[5] Fisk is next. He appears to have… somewhat thought about this situation a little more than his Yoga comrades. He takes what seems to be a fully loaded three quarter size assault rifle and walks carefully out.

He walks out of the garage into the front yard of the Mitchell’s house. Beyond the short hedge that is the boundary of the property, there is the road. And on the far side of the road, forming a shallow circle in front of the house, there is a line of cop cars. Behind the cop cars kneel cops, with guns and megaphones. They’re all aiming at Mr Mitchell.

That was sudden, thinks Fisk.

Just then Chad Mitchell is distracted by a cop shouting through a megaphone for him to surrender and stop destroying innocent American cars.

Fisk takes his chances and runs for it, dashing across the yard, leaping over the hedge, and immediately being met by a hail of megaphone.

”STOP RIGHT THERE, BOY.”

You mean I get to hold a gun? Like, a real one?

[6] Just then Jarvis walks out of the Mitchell residence into the front yard. He thinks what he is carrying is a bazooka?

"Whoa."

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: SPACETIME YOGAQUEST - Turn 2.2
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2016, 07:58:25 am »

((STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!!))

If there is anything close to a firing order, move into a yogic defense.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12