Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: SPACETIME YOGAQUEST - Turn 3.7 - update 16th Feb  (Read 26278 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: SPACEQUEST YOGATIME - Eventually Turn 1.3
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

((Even -1 is pretty harsh. At "average" 3/3 Body and equal Flexterity, one out of twelve attacks will instagib you.))

"I-I meant to do that!" Edith lies badly while flailing at another bully. She's... sort of getting the hang of this! She thinks!

Continue my rampage against Bully 5!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2016, 11:34:26 am »

((Apologies for the delay - wrote the update at lunch today but just have to find time to check it over. Been hugely busy.))

((I might save this space for a kind of rules repository since they could do with being put all in one place which isn't a word doc I keep emailing to myself and since they might not all fit in the second OP))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:33:47 pm by lawastooshort »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2016, 12:18:02 pm »

((Apologies for the delay - wrote the update at lunch today but just have to find time to check it over. Been hugely busy.))
((It's cool bro, We'll all be here when you finish. Don't rush yourself, it's bad for your heart.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: SPACEQUEST YOGATIME - Evidently 1.4 Turn
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2016, 02:32:34 pm »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA…

Turn 1.4

It's three vs three! The bullies' morale is all but Shattered! Their initiative is also Low!

Initiate yogic defense. Say, "This won't do."

This won't do, decides Fisk.

"This won't do."

To better visually express just how much this won’t do, Fisk sits down on the ground in a fearsome crosslegged pose just in front of Bullies 4 and 5.

They look worried.

Continue my rampage against Bully 5!

And so they should! For Edith the Destroyer is on the flailing rampage!

"I-I meant to do that!" she threatens Bully 5 – and then demonstrates that she very much did, and might very well mean to again! [3+2vs1+1] She yoga chops the stinking boy through the nose, crushing it and knocking him unconscious, or very possibly worse!

Edith regenerates 1 Mind Point!

move in front of Jarvis and assume the Tree Pose

Meanwhile Richard decides that Jarvis’s pale and possibly lifeless body won't do either – his comrade must not fall here, so close to greatness! So close to ultimate power! So close to being a perfect bodyguard for Richard’s quest to weaponise the holy hum!

He stands before the defenceless Jarvis, and saves his life.

Bully 1 attacks – he clearly hopes to overcome Richard before kicking Jarvis’s liver to death! [5+1vs3+1] He smashes Richard in the chest; Richard takes the pain and swings one outstretched arm back. [2+1vs1+1] With the lightest of touches he knocks the felon out! He can literally feel the heroism coursing through his veins so hard that he doesn’t even notice Bully 5 – whose morale looks much more shaken than it even did at the start of the turn – advancing upon him with fists raised and eyes enraged. [4+1vs5+1] The eejit misses!

[5+1vs2+1] Richard does not! He swings his other outstretched branch, striking the Bully in the skull like the falling limb of a storm struck mighty oak, smashing him into the dirt! He crawls away for a couple of seconds before collapsing, still, silent but for a horrifying gurgle.

Richard regenerates 2 Mind Points!

Edith walks over to Ricky, bending over to see if the poor boy is okay. He’s still breathing, but he needs a change of pants.

Sensei steps out from the dojo door just as Jarvis comes to and groggily starts getting to his knees.

”Dudes, that was sweet. I’m proud of what you have achieved so far. I’m proud of the brutality you have inflicted in the name of Good. Nice work. You may realise that you feel a little stronger that earlier today. Yeah! You can totally add another stat point or learn a new move, dudes – you have attained Red Belt And a Half!”

And then… and then I want you to think about whether you could accept another small mission just yet. I’ve got it on good authority that these bullies are led by a vicious, vicious 8th grader. I want you to track him down… and make sure he never does this kind of thing again. What do you say dudes?

Of course, if you prefer, we can just call it a week, and we'll see you next Saturday, I totally won't hold it against you.”

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:50:52 pm by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:46 pm »

"Boom," says Jarvis, pointing at his own head, fingers spreading to indicate the rapid expansion of his mind. Unconsciousness appears to have bestowed upon him a revelation. The secret is, quite simply, to not get punched in the face.

"We can't stop now! Think of how much face we could punch, guys! Like, all the face. Everywhere."

+1 Flexterity. Imply willingness to engage in mortal combat with far larger opponents.

((Are those stats right, by the way? Do I get everything back at the end of the encounter?))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2016, 07:09:05 pm »

+ 1 to mind

"If we don't fight them where they stand, they'll hurt countless others."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2016, 02:38:40 pm »

+1 to flexterity. One vote for taking the new mission..

"We have keep going now, keep our streak of beating up our enemies going. It's the American way."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »

"Th-this is one of those things where if we say no he beats up our friends and we regret everything, isn't it?"

+1 Flexterity!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2016, 07:30:05 pm »

"Indeed."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2016, 01:48:36 pm »

"Th-this is one of those things where if we say no he beats up our friends and we regret everything, isn't it?"

"Certainly not, dudes! I will never, unless taken over by sinister mind-controlling agents from outer space, of course, beat up you or your friends! I stand for Justice, dudes!"

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2016, 02:52:47 pm »

"Certainly not, dudes! I will never, unless taken over by sinister mind-controlling agents from outer space, of course, beat up you or your friends! I stand for Justice, dudes!"
"I think she meant the bully king, Sensei."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 05:11:46 pm »

"I think she meant the bully king, Sensei."
Edna nods vigorously. "We should really deal with that now, brutal deaths notwithstanding."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2016, 07:38:07 am »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA…

Turn 1.5

"Oh. Right. Yes. Well, the bully's name is Mitchell Jackson IV, and he lives with his mother and father on 328 Charlton Avenue. They've got a pet dog and a pet gerbil, they usually eat dinner in front of the TV at about 6pm, and he usually goes to his room to bed at about 10pm - that's twenty two hundred hours, dudes.”

Sensei paints some black marks under your eyes with some substance hidden deep within his yoga suit.

"Now, this is your first covert operation, so I’ll give you a few veteran’s tips. You need to think about when you arrive, and any equipment you might need. Yeah, that’s about it, dudes. Remember, whatever you do, it’s for the cause of Good. And you’re too young to be arrested. God bless and good luck in your righteous quest! Unless you have any other questions.“

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPACEYOGA YOGATIME - Turn 1.5
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2016, 08:59:54 am »

"Uhh..."

Uhh...

"Maybe, like, a rope? Or, uh... a claw hammer?"

Yeah, rope and claw hammer.

"And also, wait, no... a steak? Yeah, a steak. Or maybe like a chicken."

And also some meat.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: SPACEYOGA YOGATIME - Turn 1.5
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2016, 09:26:35 am »

"All we need is Yoga. And maybe parkour."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12