Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Spiders, Spiders everywhere  (Read 27828 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Spiders, Spiders everywhere
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 09:23:16 pm »

((I wouldn't automatically assume that I succeed there.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:58 pm »

((I guess Corvo will save himself somehow. Also I didn't expect the bar to be so big, so I guess I don't pick up the bar.))
"Na, don't get the bloody guards. Everything'll be jake, he said." The drowned One mumbles.
I'll use my magic on as many enemies as I can. The enemy reacts as if they suddenly are underwater, however they don't drown (that would be a bit powerful). They are slowed down, they don't attack as hard. Animals also freak out. (Imagine a spider struggling through water). I call this spell "Woeful Water).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:00:31 pm by Loki987 »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 02:23:22 pm »

Wake up and smell the coffee spider entrails.
((Edit: Just for clarification, is the "shield" the trapdoor or the normal, vertical door?))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:40:04 pm by AkumaKasai »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 04:48:14 pm »

Blink out of the webs, and start summoning a spider demon. A big, hungry, other-spider-eating spider demon.
You blink out of the web, leaving some feathers behind. You are in a different room now, surrounded once more by webbing, but not ensnared.
You caw loudly three times to call forth your demon, and a portal begins to appear.  As do half a dozen of the giant spiders.

(sorry I'll be better about that)

"Well shit" Charge down the stairs and get between the spiders and my furry companion fighting defensively e.g. stab anything that approches

"Samuel get the bird free" (If successful Korvash) started saying before the bird disappeared from the web and started channeling magic in mid air"never mind."
Edited

Your way down is blocked by the swarm. You stab frantically ,but the mass is pretty thick, and you feel the tip of the spear sliding off armor, or the haft getting caught, or you are jostled each time you swing. Bad news is, you are being bitten by these spiders. Good news - for everyone else - is that you have caused a bit of a jam, blocking the advance of the spiders into the room. Of course, there are still a fair number of them already in the room, so the drowned one still has work to do as well.

((I guess Corvo will save himself somehow. Also I didn't expect the bar to be so big, so I guess I don't pick up the bar.))
"Na, don't get the bloody guards. Everything'll be jake, he said." The drowned One mumbles.
I'll use my magic on as many enemies as I can. The enemy reacts as if they suddenly are underwater, however they don't drown (that would be a bit powerful). They are slowed down, they don't attack as hard. Animals also freak out. (Imagine a spider struggling through water). I call this spell "Woeful Water).
hmm. Well, these aren't aquatic spiders, so this could work. Now, "kill it with water" is totally a valid tactic here - I believe it is well within your character concept. So I don't see it as OP. but if you wish to be limited in that way, I'm good with that too. You cast, and water slowly seeps out around your legs, pooling at your feet and spreading. You get an inch or two of water in the room.the spiders seem unfazed. Some barely register your existence at all, heading outward. A few head straight for you though.

Wake up and smell the coffee spider entrails.
((Edit: Just for clarification, is the "shield" the trapdoor or the normal, vertical door?))
For clarification: the door to the cellar is angled at forty-five degrees. i called it a trap door, but it is really more of a large, wooden door that swings open to one side. Why they didn't put a double door in instead, i don't know. but that would have been easier to open - each side would have been lighter and all that. So, it's a six foot by four foot slab of wood. Functional, but not pretty or convenient.

You wake up screaming as several of the largest spiders begin tearing into your flesh. You must have the opposite of Arileth's luck. If you don't get help soon, well ...

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 05:28:08 pm »

Roar in pain and annoyance. Crush, claw, and bite as many spiders as I possibly can.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 06:43:56 pm »

Fight my way to the bear smashing everything in the way
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 08:06:40 pm »

Corvo: Battlecry.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 12:37:13 am »

((Well that didn't go as expected. And I actually meant the spell to water to be invisible and only affect the enemy, almost like it's psychic water or something if that makes sense. I doesn't change much in this instance but now you know.))
I'll use my magic ball and chain to crush as many spider heads as I can. ((You know my specialization.))
"Kapow, ya bloody beasts."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:58:46 am by Loki987 »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 01:49:05 am »

((It sounds like magically drowning the spiders is a viable option. It might be worth a shot))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 06:46:27 am »

((Yeah, I'll do it next turn. I'll allready did this other thing.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 05:43:36 pm »

Roar in pain and annoyance. Crush, claw, and bite as many spiders as I possibly can.
you crush a few thoraxes, but more pile on. A  red haze of fury covers your eyes as you slash, bite, and claw everything around you.

Fight my way to the bear smashing everything in the way
You get a foot onto the stairs, but then get driven back when one of the spiders sinks it's fangs into that ankle. Your scream echoes the bear's scream as you kick the spider down the stairs.

Corvo: Battlecry.
One of the Giant Spiders gets a mouthful of feathers. You squawk and screech. Your portal explodes with a loud pop and a small, naked, pink imp appears, red eyes covering it's head, and tongue lolling out of it's mouth. it looks pretty useless, actually. Might want to try again. Also, might want to dodge, as you are attracting a lot of spider attention.

((Well that didn't go as expected. And I actually meant the spell to water to be invisible and only affect the enemy, almost like it's psychic water or something if that makes sense. I doesn't change much in this instance but now you know.))
I'll use my magic ball and chain to crush as many spider heads as I can. ((You know my specialization.))
"Kapow, ya bloody beasts."
You clear a small space around yourself, smashing a few spider heads to pulp and leaving severed limbs scattered about. One spider latches onto an arm, but you don't even feel it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 06:00:30 pm »

"Argile, hoslit arnanium corssweav jole!"
Summon a godsdamn demon.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 06:05:06 pm »

Killing time STAB EVERY SPIDER
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 07:10:03 pm »

((Is my biting/clawing specialization currently applicable, or does generic smashing not count?))
Claw/bite any spiders that come to close to my claws/mouth. If any spiders get too close to me,roll on them and crush them with my half-ton+ of weight.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 10:45:08 am »

I'll use another spell. I'll call this one "Spontaneous Drownage". This one lets the enemies' lungs (or other breathing organs) fill up with water, cough up the water and drown. I'll use this on as many spiders as I can but I'll definitely target the spider that's attached to my arm.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28