Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forge weapon from any material you want + Fallen stars feature  (Read 712 times)

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is some of the basic ideas I had : Forge weapons or even tools from any materials and they would get it's material's properties , maybe even mythical ones.
This is when another idea has striked me : Fallen star event in which a fallen star spawns and you can use it's materials for many uses .
For example if you have Legendary Dwarf with forging skill (forgot its exact name) you can use that fallen star to make your own weapon/tool , which would then become legendary maybe even mythical as the greatsword Dawn in A Song of Ice and Fire.
Winter is coming and the dead come with it.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forge weapon from any material you want + Fallen stars feature
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40:22 am »

I mean...isn't this already implemented in the form of artifacts?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:47 am »

Wait so you can literally make weapon made out of anything ?
Also I don't see any Fallen star feature.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 01:06:53 pm »

Technically yes, but it takes a ton of micromanagement and savescumming to get what you want.

What I'm guessing is you wanted to be able to make items out of anything if given the specific orders to, which is sort of there, but not quite (you can specify relevant materials in workshops now - what sort of rocks to use at the masonry, wood at the carpentry, that sort of thing.)

As to fallen stars, once enchanted weapons become a thing I'd imagine meteoric iron weapons/armor would be highly sought after for say, its unnatural ability to hold an enchantment, or because it causes deeper wounds to/allows the wearer to be immune to syndromes of megabeasts of all kinds.

Fallen stars can technically already be modded in as a form of  soil-layer ore though.

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:36:27 pm »

True about the soil-layer ore.